It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grey Fox The Most secret Unit in the world?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This probably is n`t the best place for this but I have heard of an American special forces/spy force called "grey fox". I`ve seen some articles that reference to it without coming right out and saying what/who it is. Can anyone shed any light on this highly secretive group?

[Edited on 16-9-2003 by cassini]

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
heres an excerpt from one of the articles I saw them mentioned in

"The army created a highly compartmentalized organization that could collect clandestine intelligence independent of the rest of the US intelligence community, and follow through with covert military action. Today, it operates under the code name Grey Fox."

It sounds intriguing and I`d love to find out more but given its high secretiveness I`m not if its gonna be possible.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Even if it is true, its OPSEC. To disclose any details of said unit would put the operaters lives in danger.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
This probably is n`t the best place for this but I have heard of an American special forces/spy force called "grey fox". I`ve seen some articles that reference to it without coming right out and saying what/who it is. Can anyone shed any light on this highly secretive group?

www.guardian.co.uk...
observer.guardian.co.uk...
www.uscrusade.com...

It's a starting point, at least...
-B.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 04:18 AM
link   
"To disclose any details of said unit would put the operaters lives in danger"

It depends on what level of detail one is interested in. For instance I am only concerned with broad details ie field/type of operations, not anything that is likely to endanger anyone, and it is highly doubtful one would get that info on a unit hardly anyone has heard of.

cheers banshee, I`d seen one of the articles before butnot the others. Guess I`ll have to keep on looking....

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassini

Were you by any chance watching the show "SAS - The Real Story" on channel 4 last night cassini? Grey Fox received a mention on there, but until then I'd never heard of them.

The best of the best of the best....apparently.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Grey Fox is a US military unit used for snatch operations, deployed alongside the SAS during the recent Gulf War, accounted for at least a few of the 'playing cards' who were captured by US forces

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Yep- I`d heard of them in articles but the brief mention at the end of the show piqued my curiousity again. I`ve tried looking previously but there really does seem to be very little about them....

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Grey Fox closes in on saddam.

'Grey Fox' closes in on prize scalp: Saddam
The Observer (U.K.) ^ | 06/22/03 | Peter Beaumont

Peter Beaumont examines the new role of a secret unit that worked in the Balkans, Afghanistan and Colombia

The most secretive military unit in the US armed forces is code-named Grey Fox. Over the past two months its role has been boiled down to a single mission: the hunt for Saddam Hussein and his sons Uday and Qusay.

And if Saddam is now dead, killed last week, it is certain Grey Fox was involved: Saddam would be its biggest catch since the downfall of Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar.

Officially members of a unit named 'Intelligence Support Activity', Grey Fox was established by the Pentagon in 1981 to work as manhunters, assassins and deep penetration agents.

Since then, the unit that has been criticised by senior US officials for its 'lawlessness' and 'lack of control' has hunted Serbian war criminals in the Balkans, fought in Somalia, and in counter-terror operations across the globe: it is a key part of what the Pentagon calls its 'black world' of undercover operations.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 12:34 PM
link   
cheers Quaneeri, thats pretty similiar to the reference that was at the end of the SAS prog lastnight. It said SAS and the grey fox unit had been working together to bring in the last members of the regime.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I suppose Grey Fox are a bit like the Rainbow Six of the real world. I'm just glad that our SAS lads are working with them, it shows the SAS's importance in current affairs.

I watched that Channel 4 program last night "SAS - The Real Story" that to is also the first time I have ever heard of them, up until then I thought it was just part of the Sketch show "Trigger Happy TV"

I'd love to find out more info about Grey Fox, and thanks everyone for posting info on them!

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
" thought it was just part of the Sketch show "Trigger Happy TV""

Grey fox this is red squirell, you have the briefcase?

" I'd love to find out more info about Grey Fox, and thanks everyone for posting info on them!"

Does n`t look like theres very much to go on just yet!! But it does seem this is very much one of the black ops type units.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Personally, I still love how the American's TOP units still rely on the good old british for help...
No one will ever surpass the SAS and SBS as the world's elite.
From what I have read (Not verified), but the Delta Force selection process is the equivilant of the british army training scheme....
As well as that, the recent 'stress-card' scheme in the US military is a JOKE. Dont know if hyou know about it, but they get to hold up a card when they feel they are being drilled too intensely, or the training is too physical for them... Without punishment.

The American Special Forces is, frankly, a joke. During Aghanistan, the british Royal Marines were called in to replace climatized US forces atop of the highest mountains in Afganistan, on the simple basis that the US were not up to the job (The british forces hadnt acclimatized, etc).

I cant wait till the friendly fire statistics are published, or like the story of the American A10 during the first gulf war, 'It was a british tank with a british flag but we thought it was an Iraqi tank trying to decieve us'.

FYI, something like 30 tanks were lost in the First Gulf War, 20-25 of them 'friendly' fire..

Brilliant, fighting with these Yanks, isnt it?

They didnt help us in the Falklands, I dont see why we help them here.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha
Personally, I still love how the American's TOP units still rely on the good old british for help...
No one will ever surpass the SAS and SBS as the world's elite.
From what I have read (Not verified), but the Delta Force selection process is the equivilant of the british army training scheme....
As well as that, the recent 'stress-card' scheme in the US military is a JOKE. Dont know if hyou know about it, but they get to hold up a card when they feel they are being drilled too intensely, or the training is too physical for them... Without punishment.

The American Special Forces is, frankly, a joke. During Aghanistan, the british Royal Marines were called in to replace climatized US forces atop of the highest mountains in Afganistan, on the simple basis that the US were not up to the job (The british forces hadnt acclimatized, etc).

I cant wait till the friendly fire statistics are published, or like the story of the American A10 during the first gulf war, 'It was a british tank with a british flag but we thought it was an Iraqi tank trying to decieve us'.

FYI, something like 30 tanks were lost in the First Gulf War, 20-25 of them 'friendly' fire..

Brilliant, fighting with these Yanks, isnt it?

They didnt help us in the Falklands, I dont see why we help them here.

a few of my spec ops friends would love to hear that face to face. I'm sure they'd put a new smile on your neck.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Browha, this thread was not opened to debate the pros and cons of different special forces or armies but to try to find out about one unit. Please stick to the subject in hand.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
oooohhh, Fury's got conections.
Advisor chill out, he doesn't know you're one of them.
Grey Fox is for real.

That's all,
- Tassadar

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar
oooohhh, Fury's got conections.
Advisor chill out, he doesn't know you're one of them.
Grey Fox is for real.

That's all,
- Tassadar

no, I've trained and played with plenty of the seals.
lots of them have the same issues i have.
and they're very professional.
I'd love to see if brit boy here has even been to the wire and fired anything.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
For those of you who have missed the point of the thread it is about a unit called the grey fox which is a US secret ops section. I would appreciate it if you stick to the subject. The thread will be cleared up if you continue on with this and I will consider my options.

This is the last warning to stick to the subject.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Say what you like, but the fact is: SBS, and SAS train all others, including US seals and whatever.

And the "Grey Fox" isnt the most secret.. as some people know about it, only those units of what only the people who have 'need to know', know about.. are 'secret'.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join