It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO captured on film by the All-Sky Camera Network.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
aquarid.physics.uwo.ca... - U. of Western Ontario Meteor Physics Group

I have never visited this site until today. Looking through the " Non- Meteor Events " , I found what appears to be a UFO .

aquarid.physics.uwo.ca...

This is a link to the Video of a Lightning Strike that the Sky-Cam captured.

If you watch just after the lighting Strike , in the middle right lower quadrant of the video , you will see what appears to be a UFO making a 90 degree turn on the video. The object is dark and fast , but it does have an L shaped trajectory that is not possible for a known aircraft.

[edit on 9-10-2005 by lost_shaman]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
How the hell did you see that I had to watch the video about 20 times before I could see it lol! My gut instinct is some sort of insect its very hard to tell how close or far away it is so I could be wrong!

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
LOL I just saw it.

Bugs don't make 90 degree turns either.

Nothing does that I know of except UFOs are reported to make 90 degree turns.

I had to watch the video several times before I even noticed the object had an L shaped trajectory.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Says I need a dvd mpeg2 decoder or something.

Anyone know where I can get such software for free ?

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I dont think I agree with you on the bug thing I would say they are quite capable of making sudden changes in direction I'm not saying thats definately what it is It was just a suggestion as I really don't know!

Manincloak I use Cole2K media codec pack its free I cant remember where I got it from if you do a quick search with google it shouldn't be to hard to find hope that helps!

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
i can't see a damn thing! what ever it is you guys are seeing its gotta be something to do with the terrible compression on the video!

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Whiterabbit29,

No problem and thanks for making a suggestion.

It just is not possible for anything we know of to make 90 degree turns , as it would require the cancellation of forward inertia.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by superduperman
i can't see a damn thing! what ever it is you guys are seeing its gotta be something to do with the terrible compression on the video!

Watch it again, it's like white rabbit said "20 times". It's there, whatever it is, but it's faint and it took me quite a few viewings after I spotted it to see the 90 deg. "turn" because by the time you notice it , it's already on the straight away.

My initial problem was that I was looking in the "lock on" box that is superimposed.

It's actually below the "box".

Nice find shaman
it's definately unidentified and flying.

[edit on 10/9/05 by redmage]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Good find! It took me about five times before I could see it. Did someone point you to this or did you just happen upon this yourself? It looks like it could be an insect or maybe even a bat, although it does make a pretty sharp turn. Interesting video.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'm curious as to how much of an effect the distortion of the "fish eye" lens has on what really looks like a 90 degree turn as opposed to what the angle actually is.

Whatever the degree, that thing is moving and makes one sharp turn.

[edit on 10/9/05 by redmage]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Actually I got the tip from Nick Balaskus , in his response to another person on the UFO updates list.

www.virtuallystrange.net...

Nick Balaskus did not directly mention this particular event however , I noticed it when viewing the videos of "Non-meteor events".

Unless Nick Balaskus was making a discrete reference to this event, and I don't know but I don't think he was, we are the first people to see it and talk about it from a UFO perspective.

I posted this thread just about 5 minutes after I noticed the " Anomaly".

For all I know there are more " Anomalies" to be found on this U. of W. Ontario site.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
There are two things that make this video unique , the fact that the object makes a 90 degree turn and the fact that it was captured by an automated system.

It could not have been faked so it has to be an " Unknown" object or an "Artifact" from the camera.

Because no other Images from the camera contain "Artifacts" , it is most likely not an "Artifact" of the camera.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
havent you ever seen a dragon fly? they are an insect an can fly backwrads side ways and forwards as well,

they can fly at up to 98 kmh

i have seen them my self going at least 30, then fly backwards at the same speed almost instananeous change off direction.

ill watch the movie now

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It is interesting to note my Step Father is a respected Entomologist , so I too am aware of the awesome abilities of Dragonflies, they are not built for 90 degree turns according to my Step Father.

Edit: was , is whatever. He ( my Step Father- Emory Boring ) is a respected Entomologists and so was my Uncle ( John Roberson).

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
well, maybe they dont do it exactly, but the important thing is they move very fast, and "appear" to do not 90 degree turns, as in they face a different direction, but their direction of motion change, looks like 90 or more at times, even though it may not be.

i cant watch video because my comp is #, but it might just look like a 90 dgree turn, with out it actually being one?

and wat kind off turn is it? dos it go through an arc at all or is it purly sharp?

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Its a sharp 90 degree turn , I can not analyze the video someone else will have to do that , but I can say that it is not a bug.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whiterabbit29
Manincloak I use Cole2K media codec pack its free I cant remember where I got it from if you do a quick search with google it shouldn't be to hard to find hope that helps!

Thanks mate!

I have watched it like 30 times, and I honestly cannot make out anything

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Look just below the box and to the right. I saw it after a while too. I thought it might of been a drop of rain at first, but it's black and in the distance. It comes in from the right and then drops down.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Just thought this might help anybody who still can't see this thing, as It is pretty difficult to see so I've drawn the approximate trajectory it takes! plus I get to show off my artistic skills lol!

www.filehigh.com...

Slightly off topic can anyone point me in the direction of the instructions on how to upload a pic on here thanx!

[edit on 10-10-2005 by Whiterabbit29]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Thanks Whiterabbit29 that should help poeple find the object.

I sent Dr. Brown an e-mail asking if he would comment on this video, but he has yet to reply.

top topics

join