It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Green Fireball Seen Over North Eastern US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
There was a strange green fireball this morning at about 5:45 EST. I heard the neighbor's dog barking and went outside to see what was going on. We have had several cases of cars being vandalized in the area and I wanted to make sure that my van was ok. I went into the house and turned on the radio in time to hear a caller into KDKA talking about the fireball. I ran out and looked in the direction that the caller described and saw a green streak changing into orange. I just caught the tail end of it. All of the TV and radio stations in the area are talking about it. There have been sightings from both the states of Indiana and Virginia. As soon as one of the stations puts a report on their website I'll provide a link to it.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
sounds very strange,
looking forward to updates,

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
ahh the green fireball phenomenon:

wikipedia cases

i remember seeing orange fireballs in australia, one to be precise, but not green. wierd... there's tons of info on google btw, just by searching for "green fireballs". if you could let us know which news stations are reporting it, perhaps a link to their website would have an article we could see?

def.out

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by deafence#
ahh the green fireball phenomenon:

wikipedia cases

i remember seeing orange fireballs in australia, one to be precise, but not green. wierd... there's tons of info on google btw, just by searching for "green fireballs". if you could let us know which news stations are reporting it, perhaps a link to their website would have an article we could see?

def.out

As far as stations go KDKA Radio and KDKA TV are talking about the fireball. I am at work now and can't listen to the radio. I am checking their websites about every 15 minutes. As soon as something is posted I'll provide a link.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
funny how i found this article on that stations website regarding another green fireball way back in march,

kdka.com...

do you remember when this happened maybe?

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by deafence#
funny how i found this article on that stations website regarding another green fireball way back in march,

do you remember when this happened maybe?

I probably read about it. I have heard of other fireballs and there was a website that had video of one taken a few years ago. Untill today I had never seen one. Wished I'd had time to grab my camera. I'm hoping that someone shot some pictures or video.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
JIM,

Thanks for sharing your eye-witness account! Keep us up to date on what the local news reports. It was probably a meteor.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
GRRRR!!!! I am also from pittsburgh PA also and have been looking to the skies for the past few years for something weird to happen, and to no avail. I wish I would have seen this.

Please post up links to news stories once you see them. Thanks

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I just checked out wpxi, wtae, and kdka, and nothing is on there yet
I really hope they get something up, and hopefully SOMEONE had to of taken pictures of this.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Finally some mention of the fireball in the news. I was beginning to worry that people would think that I made it up

Green Fireball

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I wonder if they have any resemblance to the mysterious green fireballs of New Mexico that were sighted and recorded in the late 40's. To this day, they remain unexplained, even by Dr Lincoln La Paz, who was America's premier Meteor expert.

ufos.about.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Figures, I live about thirty miles west of Pittsburgh and left for work at about 5:50. The highway I travel would have afforded excellent views of this fireball and I just so happened to have my camera in the car. Man, I'm always the one looking down when the shooting star streaks through the sky

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Well according to the "experts" it was nothing more than a softball sized meteor. Still looked real interesting though. With the number of radio and TV stations making an issue out of it yesterday morning I am surprised to find nothing other than the prevoius link and this one.

Green Fireball KDKA

new topics

top topics

join