It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B-2 Spirit. Made out of wood?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Could it be that the B-2 that needs the special climate of "its" the desert base, or when "forward deployed" needs these special shelters..

is in fact like its "old man" Horten HO 229..
made out of wood and clue.. and the special climate and special shelters are infact a countermeasures to prevent the 2 billion $$$ (one actually cost that much..) bomber(s) from coming apart because a climate change?

HO/GO 229
tanks45.tripod.com...

B-2 Shelters:
www.globalsecurity.org...

and satelite image of those in Diego Garcia:

Wooden structure makes good stealth..

[Edited on 11-9-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   
"Unit costs per aircraft (fly-away) have risen to 2220 million."

You do understand that this is serious matter, maybe biggest conspiracy ever.. 2,22 billion per one aircraft that may have a wooden construction..

I and i seriously what to hear your oppinion about this.. if you dont want to talk about this then even vote.. doesnt take much.. gives a little..

(Gives a little hint to the subject that am i insane?)

Seriouly.. The forward operation location (Diego Garcia) is in Indian Ocean... there is allway hot and humid.. wood and clue dont like it when its hit and humid..

And this is the reason why i think these shelters are needed.. the official story just being cover uo.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Maybe the the wood helps the B-2 to evade radar.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
Maybe the the wood helps the B-2 to evade radar.

Well i really dont have any facts, but it does make kinda sense to me that they could be build out of wood, at least the wings.

And also the shelter business is very shady..

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's pointless to argue with you but here it is.
The B2 has a coating on the outside of it that if damaged in any way would cause more radar reflectivity. Even the slightest "ding" in the surface would reveal it's location on radar.
Keeping it out of the elements makes a lot of sence to me.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
There is definitely something very unusual about the B-2, if it isnt that it uses anti-gravity to assist in flight. When the war in Afghanistan first began, the US began flying fully loaded (with bombs) B-2's from Missouri, to Afghanistan where they dropped their bombs, and then on to Diego Garcia. The thing about the initial reports that really struck me, and I am absolutley positive what I heard on the news reports, was that the B-2's were making this trip without any refueling.

I am not an aeronautical engineer, but I would think any huge conventional bomber would have to refuel at some point during that trip, especially considering the tons of bombs it carried for most of the way.

That has to be equivelant to flying 3/4 of the way around the earth without refueling.

Of course there is always the possibility that the news was being reported incorrectly or that it was deliberate misinformation. However, I think that the US would prefer not to risk mid-air refueling with the B-2, as if the fuel line scratches the B-2's surface it can compromise the stealth attributes of the plane.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Yeah, i agree that it must be kept out of elements..
But for the differend reasons that you do..

To me this coating/paint thing seems like BS.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
William Sac One:

They did refuel.

What really made these missions special were the duration: 40-44 hours non-stop..

Longest missions ever.

But they did refuel.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Believe it is made out of wood. I will believe otherwise.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Believe it is made out of wood. I will believe otherwise.

Well what do you belive then? It was made by god? It is a gift from heavens?

With the unit cost of 2220 million $$$ it seems to be rather wooden curse from the underworld..

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
No, there's probably no anti-gravity involved in the B-2. The reason this rumor has gotten around is because its takeoff speed is constant, no matter how heavily loaded it is. This is basically because it's a big flying wing, with slightly weird aerodynamics. It may have other tricks up its sleeve, like optical stealth (again, requiring a smooth, unblemished surface), antinoise and a whole host of electronic gizmos we can only guess at. There may even be active stealth hardware on board, which bends radar waves around the actual aircraft rather just absorbing them (useful to defeat over-the-horizon ultra-long wavelength radar). The wavelength is so long that with a little high-tech jiggery-pokery you could slip your whole aircraft through a wave (10 to 100 meters), instead of the whole airframe absorbing and reflecting the radar wave.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I can tell you for sure that the hydrolic caps are made out of yellow plastic. my grandfather made them

(i've actually got one. )

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
There's no risk to scrathing the surface during refueling...it's all in the method...

Yes, they did refuel, though the ommissions were in various news stories...

It's ceramic and other composites...they are not made of wood....though there are likely some wooden-like fibres involved.

It uses a variety of stealth measures, not just construction...

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
1. The news knows nothing about anything. The USAF could have told them superman pushed the plane to save on fuel and they would have believed it.

2. I dont think a wooden plane could hold the amount of bombs a B2 holds in the bay.

3. The shelters are there so the Russians (or anyone else) doesnt see anything happening on them that they dont want them to see, and also for the coating, as someone else said.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Deltanine:

1) There were AA refuels.

2) Actually if i didnt allready say it, i really ment that the wings could be made out of wood.. maybe like in the Horten GO 229..

3) I really belive that the Russians know more about the plane than its crews.
This has allways been so.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fury
I can tell you for sure that the hydrolic caps are made out of yellow plastic. my grandfather made them

(i've actually got one. )

What is really cool is to take a honking big capacitor ( an auto or truck condensor is ok, but something bigger would be nicer ) and charge it up just before company comes over. When they ring the doorbell stand by with the capacitor and tell them to come in. When you see the doorknob start turning, discharge your capacitor/condensor against the doorknob. If you used a large enough capacitor/condensor your company should be flat on their ass and you should be missing a small chunk out of your doorknob.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with the wooden USAF B-2, but:

Is this really you.. groingrinder?

Anyhow, even if the wings arent made out of wood it is still not good thing to have so expencive and sensitive aircraft..

A combat aircraft that is going to be ruined cause of elements isnt a good thing at all. Reminds me of AK vs. M-16 thing.. AK standing almost anything, M-16 being expensive nice looking toy that chokes if it "eats" dirt.

[Edited on 12-9-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 05:44 AM
link   
No Way! the B-2 Spirit is made from carbon firber. The purpose of the shelters is manly for security reasons. The shelters are also needed for some special maintainence procedures.

Tim

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
No Way! the B-2 Spirit is made from carbon firber. The purpose of the shelters is manly for security reasons. The shelters are also needed for some special maintainence procedures.

Tim

Well, if it is made out of carbon fibre.. carbon fibre also acts badly is subjected to elements, especially to SUN.

The main point i am trying to point out here is that the B-2 doesnt stand the elements cause it has "odd" materials used in it, not just the RA paint layer.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Alien tech would not be wood based.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join