It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened in 1931?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hmmnn,
As much as, being an alienphile, I like the cosmic ray connection...

The whole England dropping the gold standard, and forcing the USA to do so, as well, seems like the biggest deal that year. It's also pointed out that the Nazi party catalyzed in that year.

Without a gold (or silver, or whatever) standard, money is only as valuable as a government says it is. Thus, iof you want to enhance the power of a government, you make the government, itself, the de facto 'standard' for money. In such a scenario, no one with means will oppose a government because, in so doing, they would destroy their own wealth.

Now, at the same time that the governments of the western world undermine independence in personal economics, a monstrous power appears that will serve as a publicly legitimate reason for significantly increasing the power of the government... That is, the Nazi war machine begins to emerge at the moment that 'money' is only as valuable as the government which issues it is strong.

Well, I don't know if I believe what i've just written, but it's the closest thing I can think of to what WITD was talking about....

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 03:46 AM
link   
QUOTE:

"Look to 1931. Find your answers."

Is this a cryptic clue to look at how the United States is presently conducting it's foreighn policy.

UNITED STATES FOREIGN POLICY 1931-1941

In the history of our country situations have arisen in which the Executive, with wide access to many sources of information from abroad, has known of or foreseen developments in foreign relations of which the public had not yet become aware. In such cases the President and the Secretary of State have exercised such executive powers as they possess and have endeavored to explain to the public the forces at work and the probable course of events and to outline the policies which need be pursued in the best interest of the United States. In such cases, if and as legislation has been needed, the executive branch of the Government has as soon as practicable asked of the Congress legislation to make possible the pursuit of the proposed policies.

During a large part of the period with which this volume deals, much of public opinion in this country did not accept the thesis that a European war could vitally affect the security of the United States or that an attack on the United States by any of the Axis powers was possible. In this respect it differed from the President and the Secretary of State, who early became convinced that the aggressive policies of the Axis powers were directed toward an ultimate attack on the United States and that, therefore, our foreign relations should be so conducted as to give all possible support to the nations endeavoring to check the march of Axis aggression.

Our foreign policy during the decade under consideration necessarily had to move within the framework of a gradual evolution of public opinion in the United States away from the idea of isolation expressed in "neutrality" legislation and toward realization that the Axis design was a plan of world conquest in which the United States was intended to be a certain, though perhaps ultimate, victim, and that our primary policy therefore must be defense against actual and mounting danger. This was an important factor influencing the conduct of our foreign relations. Of determining importance also was another factor, namely, that in many nations outside the United States a similar complacency of view had originally prevailed and likewise was undergoing a gradual modification.

The pages which follow show the slow march of the United States from an attitude of illusory aloofness toward world-wide forces endangering America to a position in the forefront of the United Nations that are making common cause against an attempt at world conquest unparalleled alike in boldness of conception and in brutality of operation.

www.ibiblio.org...

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 04:05 AM
link   

"Look to 1931. Find your answers."

My question would be, what was the question that prompted this reply. That might narrow down what you're looking for in terms of economic, political, alien or whatever.

Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
phroydnslp

In my "dialogue" with WITD there would be heaps of non sequitur and random injection of new information relating to time and place.

The writing style was short stacatto bursts (with an explanation as to why it was that way) distributed around a variety of sometimes pertinent topics, and in fact there would not need to be a question for WITD to provide an answer.

From a political point of view, quaneeri added something very useful two posts ago, but it is my view that the injection of "1931" was in a way similar to the post-hoc hacked injection of "Watch Jakarta" - that is, something specific (not an encylopaedaic entry for a decade) that was to do with a world condition as it affected the US policy poistion of the time.

That, or a number pulled out of thin air where to represent a year where "nothing much happened" for the US specifically, except for cementing forces of The Great Depression.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It got stolen.
Laissez faire
The british government waged war against the welfare of the US citizen.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
September 1931,the British defaulted on gold payments,making the great depression worse yet.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Just some stuff I found when I did a search ...

PHYSICISTS STUDY EFFECTS OF STRONG WINDS ON SKYSCRAPERS - link here

EINSTEIN DISCUSSES REVOLUTION HE CAUSED IN SCIENTIFIC THOUGHT - link here

February 28th - Fascist 'New Party' launched by Sir Oswald Moseley in the UK (he left the Labour Party)

June 1931: Lawrence and the First Cyclotron - link here

The S.S. Viking disaster - link here

Karl Jansky begins the science of radio astronomy as he observes interference in the form of hissing sounds coming from beyond the earth's atmosphere.

Al Capone was sentenced to 11 years for tax evasion.

I'm sure there are tons of other things that may or may not be related, but I'm tired so I'm going to sleep now.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
In 1931 a large worldwide religious organization headquartered in the USA voted at their large general-once-per-year meeting to change their name to this new name, that they had never been called before 1931 and a name that had never been used prior to 1931: Jehovah Witnesses.

The US Dust Bowl was in it's second year in 1931, beginning in 1930. Does Jehovah Witness sound like Jehovah Wetness ?

A small amount of construction work did begin on Hoover Dam in 1930, such as building roads, a railroad line, and power lines as this dam was originally located in the middle of absolute nowhere. But the majority of the construction of this world's greatest water reclaimation project ( up to that time ) began in 1931.

Is the real reason that Hoover Dam's official name was not used until 1947, because the Dust Bowl was associated with a dirty trick of the mind involving this dam ? The dam's name was "unofficially" changed to the different name of Boulder Dam until 1947.

Does Hoover Dam sound like Hovah Dam, or rather Jehovah's Damnation against the Rushing Red Communist River ( Colorado Means Red in Spanish ) ?

John Edgar Hoover ( Jehovah ? ) became director of the FBI in 1924, the same year that the great atheist Vladimir Lenin died.

The same year 1933 that Hitler was voted ( concreted ? ) into Germany, the concrete of Hoover Dam also began pouring continuously for two years ( concrete of WWII ? ).

Was the name "John Dillinger" a hypnotic trigger meaning "Jehovah's Deal in Germany" ?

Hoover Dam received its official name back again in 1947, just a few months before a large US AFB that is located near Hoover Dam also received it's new name. The old Army airfield that had been closed was reactivated, and given the new name of Nellis AFB. H and N are almost identical letters, thus Nellis = Hellis > Is = Jehovah and Hell = Damnation which are similar to the name Hoover Dam or the Damnation of Jehovah. The above ground nuclear testing was done within about a hundred miles from Hoover Dam.

Was the US Dust Bowl an act of God bringing justice to the USA for planning and designing WWII ?

But, I think that Stalin was in on all this as his great desire was to use WWII to expand the territory of Russia. All Stalin needed was for Germany to attack as Germany did. Why did Hitler reject the help of many tens of millions of Russians who would have loved to help Hitler to get ride of Stalin ?

In 1933 the USA first recognized the USSR, and made treaties with the USSR ( that is also the same year 1933 that Hitler was voted into Germany ).

In 1933 the US Prohibition laws were repealed. Were the real Prohibition laws not against alcohol, but against the Russian Red Communist River ? The first proposal in Congress of the US Prohibition laws occurred immediately after the USSR became a country in 1917 ( maybe Nov or Dec 1917 ). The Prohibition Amendments numbers 18 and 21 represent the letters R and U or RU for Russia. R is the 18th letter, and U is the 21st letter. Also if 21 becomes BA, then the US Prohibition Amendment Laws spell the word "BAR". The repeal of these laws in 1933 was the same year that Hitler was voted into Germany.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by trader21]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
An interesting Article in the Telegraph (Jan 2009) with the headline,

Bad News we are back to 1931 and the good news that it is not 1933 yet

The Telegraph

But it is not yet like 1933. That second leg down was the result of "liquidation" policies by a Dickensian leadership blind to the dangers of debt deflation. By then the Gold Standard had degenerated into an instrument of torture. It forced the Fed to raise rates from 1.5pc to 3.5pc in October 1931 to stem gold loss, with predictable results for shattered banks.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

You won't find any, because there are none. The Nazi era was an uprise against the NWO. The Nazis wanted their OWN NWO, their way and with their own idealogy. If you study the Nazi symbolism you won"t find any symbols of the NWO. Only Mussolini/Italy used the fascism symbol, not the Germans.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Don't have time to elaborate at the moment, so maybe other posters can do so for me.

But there was a planned fascist coup, I believe sometime in the 1930s to overthrow Roosevelt.

Okay forget it.

That is what I was going to say, but you said 1931 and Roosevelt only became Preident in 1933, if I remember correctly.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The weather was said to be unusually warm over a greater part of the United States. I've included a link which would give a better elucidation as to what was going on weather wise.

docs.lib.noaa.gov...

I'm not sure how significant this is, but you stated that any information is welcomed. I hope you'll be able to piece some things together.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
In 1931 a large worldwide religious organization headquartered in the USA voted at their large general-once-per-year meeting to change their name to this new name, that they had never been called before 1931 and a name that had never been used prior to 1931: Jehovah Witnesses.

The US Dust Bowl was in it's second year in 1931, beginning in 1930. Does Jehovah Witness sound like Jehovah Wetness ?

A small amount of construction work did begin on Hoover Dam in 1930, such as building roads, a railroad line, and power lines as this dam was originally located in the middle of absolute nowhere. But the majority of the construction of this world's greatest water reclaimation project ( up to that time ) did began in 1931.

Is the real reason that Hoover Dam's official name was not used until 1947, because the Dust Bowl was associated with a dirty trick of the mind involving this dam and the name of this dam ? The dam's name was "unofficially" changed to the different name of "Boulder Dam" until 1947.

Does Hoover Dam sound like Hovah Dam, or rather Jehovah God's Damnation against the Rushing Red Communist River ( Colorado Means Red in Spanish ) ?

John Edgar Hoover ( Jehovah ? ) became director of the FBI in 1924, the same year that the great atheist Vladimir Lenin died.

The same year 1933 that Hitler was voted ( concreted ? ) into Germany, the concrete of Hoover Dam also began pouring continuously for two years ( concrete of WWII ? ).

Was the name "John Dillinger" a hypnotic trigger meaning "Jehovah's Deal in Germany" ?

Hoover Dam received its official name back again in 1947, just a few months before a large US AFB that is located near Hoover Dam also received it's new name. The old Army airfield that had been closed was reactivated, and given this new name of Nellis AFB. H and N are almost identical letters, thus Nellis = Hellis > Is = Jehovah and Hell = Damnation which are similar to the name Hoover Dam or the Damnation of Jehovah God. Also the Nevada's above ground nuclear testing was done within about a hundred miles from Hoover Dam and Nellis.

One connection between Hoover Dam and Nazi Germany is that the Swastika Flag has a symbolical appearance similarity to the water power generators of the dam. The water from the lake goes thru pipes that are within the Rock: R Russian C Communist K Kill.

Was the US Dust Bowl an act of God bringing justice to the USA for participating in the planning and designing of WWII ?

But, I think that Stalin was in on all this, as Stalin's great desire was to use WWII to expand the territory of Russia. All Stalin needed was for Germany to attack as Germany did. Why did Hitler reject the help of many tens of millions of Russians who would have loved to help Hitler to get ride of Stalin ?

In 1933 the USA first recognized the USSR, and made treaties with the USSR ( that is also the same year 1933 that Hitler was voted into Germany ).

In 1933 the US Prohibition laws were repealed ( the same year Hitler voted into Germany ). Was the real Prohibition laws not against alcohol, but against the Russian Red Communist River ? The first proposal in Congress of the US Prohibition laws occurred immediately after the USSR became a country in 1917 ( maybe Nov or Dec 1917 ). The Prohibition Amendments numbers 18 and 21 represent the letters R and U or RU for Russia. R is the 18th letter, and U is the 21st letter. Also if 21 becomes BA, then the US Prohibition Amendment Laws spell the word "BAR". Also if R 18 is "AH" then the Amendment numbers spell "BAAH". The repeal of these laws were the same year that Hitler was voted into Germany. Alcoholics Anonymous began in 1935, which was also the same year that the concrete of Hoover Dam and this Big Drink of the Rushing Red Communist River were completed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join