It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First CV-22 Osprey delivered to USAF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It's Official...

The U.S. Air Force has taken delivery of the first production CV-22 Osprey at the Bell Helicopter production facility in Amarillo, Texas.

the CV-22 is the U.S. Air Force Special Operations variant of the V-22 and will be used for long-range special operations missions, contingency operations, and evacuations and maritime operations.

In addition to the standard communications and navigations suite found on all V-22s, the CV-22 has an advanced electronic warfare suite, a multi-mode radar which permits flight at very low altitude in zero visibility, a retractable aerial refueling probe, four radios and flight engineer seat/crew positions in the cockpit.

The U.S. Marine Corps recently completed the MV-22 operational test and evaluation.

Boeing: First Production CV-22 Osprey Delivered

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I hope the Osprey works out for them. Lord knows we sunk enough money and time into this project.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
thats awesome. also i read in a newspaper that the military is still interested in the Quad tilt rotor where the aircraft has 4 wings and 4 rotors. cant wait to see it in real life but there is the imagination for now.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Too bad I won't get to see one in person, I'm moving away from here in November. They're supposed to have a bunch at Hurlburt Field, Florida. We even repainted the tarmac to accomodate parking spots... Supposedly 2006 too...

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
WOOHOO! Been waiting for this for a while! Good to see this great aircraft finally getting out on the stretch for the first time since it was considered too dangerous. I wonder what it would look like if it had tilt Turbines? Now THAT would be really really cool.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Yeah, the idea is cool... But I have some nasty videos of it's test flights... it crashed and everybody diead...
Pity they don't use jet engines, like the
F-35...

new topics

top topics

join