It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vengeful Entities

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Here is denial28s questions........

Originally posted by denial28
1 Have you ever had the experience of a poltergeist wanting to get even with you for meddling in someone else's affairs? or have you documented cases of that? I have had previous nasty experiences that lead me to believe this is so.

So far, no. Most Poltergeists, in my experience have been more playful than mean. Ghosts and other entities are a different matter, some are vengeful and some are outright dangerous. if you could describe your event maybe I could give a more detailed answer.

2. Are some people more likely to attract psychic energy as beacons more than others?

Without a doubt. Some people are MUCH more sensitive than others.

3. Have you studied any cases where it seemed like an entity had followed one person or group around where ever they lived?
Once again, have had many experiences personally that makes me think so.

Personally.....no. But there are several documented cases of this type. These are usually the types talked about in question number one.

Are you your self experiencing these events?

If so could you give me a little more detailed desprition of them?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Some interesting questions.

I too would be interested in hearing the details of any personal experiences people may have had with vengeful or dangerous spiritual entities. Amuk - you say that some ghosts can be outright dangerous. If I may ask, in what way are they dangerous? Is it in the sense that they can possess an individual or otherwise harm them spiritually? Or do you mean, rather, that these types of ghosts can cause you physical harm? Could a ghost kill someone?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah25
Amuk - you say that some ghosts can be outright dangerous. If I may ask, in what way are they dangerous? Is it in the sense that they can possess an individual or otherwise harm them spiritually? Or do you mean, rather, that these types of ghosts can cause you physical harm? Could a ghost kill someone?

Both.

There are MANY cases of Ghosts scratching, pinching, etc people. When you say possession I believe we are talking about more malevolent spirits than Ghosts. I cant think of any case of a ghost killing someone but that doesnt mean it hasnt happened.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
There are MANY cases of Ghosts scratching, pinching, etc people.

How fascinating. I seem to dimly recall an episode of the old 'Sightings' tv show where they were researching a haunting taking place in a house somewhere in the Midwest (forgive my poor recall). The house was inhabited by a young family and was said to have been haunted by the ghost of a small girl. I remember seeing the father being apparently attacked by this ghost. He lifted his shirt and there were large scratches across his back and stomach.

Why do you suppose ghosts do such things? Is it an attempt to draw attention to themselves? Are they confused or frightened and lash out in unknowing anger? Or are some ghosts simply jerks?

It would be fascinating to hear some first-hand accounts of this kind of phenomena.

[edit on 19/9/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

He lifted his shirt and there were large scratches across his back and stomach.

Not to steal the floor from Amuk but this seems to be more demonic to me. Psychic slashes. Demons often try to play themselves off as more benevolent and harmless beings such as children. Just my opinion.

Man I love talking about this stuff.

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

He lifted his shirt and there were large scratches across his back and stomach.

Not to steal the floor from Amuk but this seems to be more demonic to me. Psychic slashes. Demons often try to play themselves off as more benevolent and harmless beings such as children. Just my opinion.

Peace

why pass themselves off?

because if they were found excercisums could be performed

[edit on 19-9-2005 by klain]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Not to steal the floor from Amuk but this seems to be more demonic to me.

How dare you steal Amuk's floor? Prepare to die!

Me too.
See, my opinion is similar to that of an astronomer I once read about who was asked their views on the UFO phenomenon. They said: "If I thought that even 5% of this stuff was true, I'd devote 100% of my time to it". Just imagine the impact that seeing a real, undeniable ghost or demon would have. You could never be completely the same again. How would the mundane aspects of life seem after such an experience?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by klain
why pass themselves off?

Do you mean that if they were revealed to be demons they would be exorcised from the building or location they were in? Surely if a demon disguised as a ghost were inflicting physical harm on people, it would face potential exorcism anyway as they sought to drive the harmful ghost away?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I seemed to remember ( a few years ago at least ) that one of the paranormal specials that aired on tv had a crew with cameras up in an attic at a supposed haunted location and actually got a still shot of one of the crew almost being choked by a cord or wire that was hanging from the rafters. The crewman swore it was not of his doing and seemed pretty shooken up about it. Can't remember the name though.

I watch 'Most Haunted' alot, but with some skeptism, and there seems to be a few believable instances at their locations in which the crew experience similar confrontations.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

why pass themselves off?

Do you mean that if they were revealed to be demons they would be exorcised from the building or location they were in? Surely if a demon disguised as a ghost were inflicting physical harm on people, it would face potential exorcism anyway as they sought to drive the harmful ghost away?

oh ok but why would they even bother to pass themselves off then?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

why pass themselves off?

Because the Creator has set down rules for them. One must invite a demon, or God forbid something worse, into their life. Evil spirits will often try to circumvent the Creator's rules by using tricks. A person would be more likely to allow a seemingly harmless spirit of a child or some other poor lost soul in to their life. Once inside the spirit reveals it's true self and game over.

Peace

[edit on 19-9-2005 by Dr Love]

[edit on 19-9-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   

why pass themselves off?

Because the the Creator has set down rules for them. One must invite a demon or, God forbid something worse, into their life. Evil spirits will often try to circumvent the Creator's rules by using tricks. A person would be more likely to allow a seemingly harmless spirit of a child or some other poor lost soul in to their life. Once inside the spirit reveals it's true self and game over.

Peace

good answer

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Dr Love

Okay, I can appreciate your reasoning. However, in the particular case I gave, it seems as though the ghost of the little girl was anything but harmless.

This is a very interesting topic and one which I have been giving significant thought to lately. Does anybody have any accounts, preferably first-hand, of encounters with vengeful or harmful entities which they would care to share? It would be especially interesting to examine any such cases in which the participants were not religious. Not that religious people are more prone to spin fantasies, of course. It simply seems as though a majority of possession or vengeful entity accounts I have heard of originate from highly religious individuals. Evidence of such encounters from more secular eye-witnesses would go a great way towards establishing the phenomena as something truly external, rather than an internal rationalisation.

[edit on 19/9/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Dr Love

Okay, I can appreciate your reasoning. However, in the particular case I gave, it seems as though the ghost of the little girl was anything but harmless.

Exactly my point! IMO it wasn't really the ghost of a little girl. That was just the illusion the spirit gave.

In another one of Amuk's threads I recommended the book The Demonologist by Gerald Brittle. Read it and educate yourself. You won't be able to put it down, but on the other hand you won't be able to sleep either.

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well, I grew up in a haunted house. I think it was haunted when we moved in. There is no way we invited anything in.

I was a very young child, but the spirit seemed to pick on me and my mother but not the rest of the family. It had a very evil presence. It would breath in my ears sometimes at night and had pulled my hair on a few occassions. It did things like rattle my mirror and open and closed my closet door. It was very scary. You could feel is presence and the air would get colder when it was there.

Noone seems to live in that house longer than a year. I still drive by when I'm in theneighborhood. I still have nightmares about that place.

Another haunted place was a ranch that my first husband's parents had in Fairplay CO. You could feel the evil presence when you came on the property a palapable foreboading. At night you could hear to male voices talking and laughing on the porch. Everyone heard them. There was an old pair of womens boots from the early 1900's they had that would move around the house. All kinds of creepy stuff happened and the horses would freak for no reason.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
sounds cool (the book)

i have never been in a situation where i felt a bad atmosphere ive been tuned into a ghostly sort of atmosphere and freaked myself out

but never been in such a bad place maybe i got people looking out for me

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
MauiStacey

Yeah, spirits can attach themselves to anything. Like you said "we didn't invite them" but in this case the rules seem to be a little different. The spirits were attached to the house itself and not a person or persons. You came to them, they didn't come to you. You unwittingly brought this on yourself.

From what I've read about, when you can hear actual disembodied conversations taking place, that's some heavy-duty demonic activity.

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
where do you get all of your information from?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

where do you get all of your information from?

I just read a lot on the subject. The book I've recommended covers all this stuff.

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
MauiStacy, I have heard that keeping an old pair of shoes like the ones you mention, in some way is a protection 'charm'. I think I've seen it mentioned on another thread, and on one of those 'this old house' type restoration shows, when the owner found a pair of old shoes hidden in the attic. But, I have no idea how that is supposed to work.

Along the idea of being harmed by a spirit or ghost......Once I attended a seance where one of the people 'passed out' and fell over onto the table pretty hard, getting quite a bump on the forehead. Hard to say whether that was actually caused by the spirit or not.

My Grandmother's side of the family had numerous stories of encounters with 'ghosts', but no actual tales of direct harm, though sometimes the 'fright' was enough to cause the witness to hurt themselves.

The 'ability' of ghosts to spook horses is mentioned in some of the older tales, and that of course resulted in accidents and injuries. But again, that would be more of a by-product of the fright.

The TAPS Ghost Hunters show on the Sci-Fi channel is going to be from an asylum this wednesday......that might be a good place to find disgruntled spirits.

[edit on 19-9-2005 by frayed1]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join