It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts like deep bass apparently....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Interesting article, but it doesn't explain how people have reported ghosts before such things existed....

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The article did say that some areas could produce natural infrasound. So by inference mean that older ghost sightings could be natural made infrasound stuff.

However, that explanation is far too simple/convenient to explain away everything. I don't subscribe to the belief of ghosts or other spiritual stuff as of this moment, but one answer won't solve everything.

[Edited on 8-9-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
The article did say that some areas could produce natural infrasound. So by inference mean that older ghost sightings could be natural made infrasound stuff.

However, that explanation is far too simple/convenient to explain away everything. I don't subscribe to the belief of ghosts or other spiritual stuff as of this moment, but one answer won't solve everything.

[Edited on 8-9-2003 by heelstone]

Perhaps they use the infrasound as a portal or a gateway to reach us?

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 02:29 AM
link   
So when ever i play my bass guitar i will be in the company of ghosts?!

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
So when ever i play my bass guitar i will be in the company of ghosts?!

Only if you can play in the range lower than human hearing?

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Hmmm...I reckon that gotta be like really really low..beyond our hearing...

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 03:12 AM
link   
...well, that would explain the tingle on the back of my neck when I crank the subs up in my car...

...either that or the insane sound pressure levels...

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   
@ Wiseman

Although this may explain some strange happenings, it certainly cannot 'explain away' all of them and somehow I feel that is Wiseman's goal. At some point, the scientific community is going to choke on the truth. You can bet your a$$ I won't be there to aid because they've been stared in the face with evidence that they continue to dismiss as delusion, camera malfunctions, freezing 'cold spots' aka wind currents from a vent (ha), recordings of 'ghost' voices on a microcassette recorder attributed to picking up radio signals?! that directly answer your previous question, and last, but not least, infrasound (just to name a few). I'll wipe my a$$ with his research......Instead of creating/proving alternate explanations for ghosts, as there are so many different explanations available, we should at least acknowledge that some things are not scientifically explainable, as of yet. Let's face it, there are many unknowns in life and we cannot rely on the science of yesterday to address these unknowns. I believe in ghosts.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Well, I have a fan of my guitar playing in my home. I play electric guitar and I have at least one entity that joins me in the room almost every time I play. So, I think if sound has anything to do with it, it is most likely what ever sound they like or can tune in to.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
www.cnn.com...

i'm not sure where this thread should go exactly, but i think here works. i just thought this was quite interesting and thought i'd share it here. what do you guys think about this?

to me it seems to make a lot of sence. it could explain a lot of things where people think they felt the presence of a ghost, but was really just infrasound.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Couldn't the military use this to keep people out of restricted areas?

jra

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
hey thanks for putting my post in here Bandit. I was wondering where it went to

top topics

join