Eugenics or 1-888-30-CRACK

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
" As it has expanded, the tone of the group has also shifted. Ms Harris, who was quoted in one of her first interviews as saying "We don't allow dogs to breed. We spay them. We neuter them. We try to keep them from having unwanted puppies, and yet these women are literally having litters of children," has since toned down her language.

Her project was initially referred to simply as Crack (Children Requiring A Caring Community). Now it frequently uses the warmer term Project Prevention. "

news.bbc.co.uk...

The Nazis adopted the American program of forced sterilization in the 1930's, and now, it seems to have come full circle.

I had wanted to set this up as a poll ( mods? ); I'd be interested to see people's opinions on this subject and general question:
" Is paying people to be sterilized a Pandora's Box of the type that is another brick building the road to Hell via the good intentions route, or is it a viable solution to a social problem....or just Evil?

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
you know, I really can't argue with what they're trying to do. it seems awful on the surface, but a lot of kids that are going to be born to addicts are either going to be abused or neglected, or land up in a foster care system that is barely functional. I'm of the mind that no one should have a child that isn't equipped to take care of one. also, the people freely decide to particpate in this program. they chose to start using crack, they chose to let their lives spiral out of control, why can they not choose to be sterilized? (although the program also offers birth control such as IUD's and Depo Provera)

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I am for the implant type of birth control, but I think to be sterilized does not keep " Hope Alive". I don't know the success ratio for male temp solutions.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   

a viable solution to a social problem

That's my vote.... I've seen some women on welfare have kids simply to get a bigger monthly check...pathetic... If it didn't involve children, I'd say such women should be taken out and shot....

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 08:47 AM
link   
BT, no where in there does it say 'forced sterilization'

This is 'nazi' and 'evil' yet abortion is 'freedom of choice'??? puzzling.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Look how twisted and distorted this subject has become,the problem is no longer the drugs that would be non-existent if the governments"war on drugs" was actually being fought to win,but now it has become an effort to reduce the number of "scumbag drug baby failures" who come into this world.
Yes,it is Eugenics,it becomes obvious when you take notice of the general races involved here,and your TV has been conditioning you to think that these people are black,hispanic or scooter trash with too many tattoos.
Gee,I wonder what would happen if they actually honestly reported how many of the people using were actually rich white kids?.
The media lies.
The drug problem is the drugs,and if that problem were fixed,they would turn to alcohol or whatever was available,so the real problem must be societal.
And yes,it is societal,and yes,you are all pretty much misinformed because the truth is hidden from you.
I am on the verge of taking my computer and TV out to the burnpile behind my house,they just make it perfectly clear to me that almost everyone in the US and the world doesn't even want to really see what is up.
Dammit!.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
Yes,it is Eugenics,it becomes obvious when you take notice of the general races involved here,and your TV has been conditioning you to think that these people are black,hispanic or scooter trash with too many tattoos.
Gee,I wonder what would happen if they actually honestly reported how many of the people using were actually rich white kids?.

frankly, I don't care if it's Tickle Me Elmo, if he/she is a drug addict, then they shouldn't be having kids. where exactly is a crack addict going to find the time to fit raising a child into their busy schedule of finding and procuring crack?
and really, I'm not quite sure what the point of your post was. if you're implying this is a racial issue, it isn't. it's a people-on-drugs issue, which happens to cut across all racial and social categories.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
BT, no where in there does it say 'forced sterilization'

This is 'nazi' and 'evil' yet abortion is 'freedom of choice'??? puzzling.

You're right...but that was not my stance. Addict of any sort? Birth Control implant for you!! Sterilization for pay? No way - it has such a capability to be abused AND it takes rehabilitation and the resumption of being a part of society out of the picture, in the family sense.
The Nazi reference? They took the circa 1930's US model and kicked it up a notch or two into full blown Eugenics.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The problem is not drugs at all,it's people,and if they are dumb enough to do drugs they should not be allowed to breed......I disagree with the statement I just made,since this warmed over candy coated thing is just eugenics.
If these kinds of programs are allowed to stay in place they will just spread out to other classes of people,"If you are naive we will pay you to be sterilized",next thing will be selection for sterilization of people for a less than 150 IQ score,or income levels,"sterilize the homeless so they don't breed".
Take a drug user,this person may not be in a mental state to make a decision this important about their reproductive ability,this person is addicted to drugs,you offer them more money to buy drugs for something that is a permanent change,they go get a fix.Someday these people may stop doing drugs...........
This whole thing is stupid,and anyone who can't see how stupid it is has to be naive.
All the things it is based on are a lie,and I have given up explaining to people how the lie has been perpetuated,if someone doesn't want to know the truth they won't find it.
Just go live your life,pretend everything is OKeydokey.....

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I agree BT. Birth control all the way. I don't know how simple they can make sterilization - seems like it can be quite involved with the risk of comlications, etc. And, how would one trust an addict to look for and take care of infections that might arise - and stuff like that.

Now, a...uh... "friend of mine" - yeah, that's it, a friend, remembers going down to some sort of clinic with his girlfriend when I, oops I mean 'he', was a bit younger for what amounted to free birth control pills. (they just ask for a donation if you could give one, and boy did I). I'd wonder if those types of places are doing the longer term implants these days.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have had first hand experience of people using coc aine. In my experience, all are indeed "rich white kids". Though we in the UK have also been led to believe by mass media that it's scum of the earth random as$holes or lower class council house dwellers (not my opinion in the slightest).
Couldn't be further from the truth. I've witnessed (not by choice) 18yr old kids doing lines of coke on very public trains, from very wealthy backgrounds.
Where do they stop? The world is a bad bad place at the moment.

new topics

top topics

join