It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farmer May Have Caught Legendary 'Chupacabra'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Click on the part that sez "sideshow" for the pics!
Looks like that other one they found dead awhile back does'nt it?

www.click2houston.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
wow weird!! it really doesn't look like something that is all bloodythirsty though. maybe he did just catch some sort of dog or something . who knows. farmers seem to be oddballs haha no offense to anyone who is one though

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Looks like a dog.

Is this the other dead one you were talkig about, its in the slideshow

They're dogs or foxes. I recall that the in maryland there was a weird animal sighting that ends up being a mange ridden (and thus distorted) fox.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Looks awful malnurished. Poor thing.

But yeah, it does look like some kind of dog.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
makes my toes curl....looks pretty nasty

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
"World's Ugliest Dog" looks a lot worse than that one. That one just looks like it's hair was burned off. Maybe even a small kangaroo or something if I was to propose something "out there", but that doesn't fit the location. I was hoping it would be something that at least slightly looks like a 'chupicabra'

[edit on 26-8-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It will be interesting to learn what the parks and wildlife people call this creature. I know I said I wouldn't turn anything over to parks ands wildlife
but in this case it lends credibility to the creature and the story.

Reminds me it wasn't that long ago I lost ten chickens in one night. Every one of them looked like they were asleep. and their heads were crushed and torn.....

Whatever that was had to go over a five foot fence since the gate was still locked.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
That's a fox suffering from sarcoptic mange. Compare it to this one:

You can read more about mange and its effects here.

[edit on 26-8-2005 by Wolvaurynphamir]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
hmmm that means all this time it was just a mange ridden dog? or maybe we have still to find the elusive creature..

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Canine. Look at the muzzle, the teeth that show under the lips, the paws, and the leg proportion. Wolvaurynphamir's picture is pretty convincing, too.

And remember that this does NOT match the "classic" picture of the chupacabra, which has iguana-like spines, a short face, and claws longer than its paws.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
My family is from Puerto Rico and everytime i visit the motherland, i hear stories about "Los Ovnis" and "Chupacabra." To tell you the truth, i think some nutjob Jibaro(hillbilly) made that story up, although I have seen Cows mutilated in Fields. The stories of the Chupacabra among the locals seem so stupid. Everyone and their mother claims to have seen it and they all have different descriptions. People seem to think its a pet of the Aliens. There is a GREAT ABUNDANCE of UFO sightings though. i went for 3 weeks in July and saw some strange stuff in the sky. peace.

PS. The jibaro farmers some of which have no formal education know of underground tunnels and the such, i was like :X...

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I would say that it is a coyote(smaller), maybe had mange or somekind of skin disorder. Coyotes are known to attack and harrass livestock,ect.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
It's a Mexican Hairless dog and it looks like a really sick pup.
Here's some pictures of some Mexican Hairless:

[edit on 8/26/2005 by Logical_Psycho]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Why couldn't the chupa be a dog like creature? Because its not a lizard spitting fire we don't believe it? If anything it is most probably some type of variation of a current species.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mxboy15u
Why couldn't the chupa be a dog like creature? Because its not a lizard spitting fire we don't believe it? If anything it is most probably some type of variation of a current species.

It's not doglike, because that's not how it's been described. The "chupacabra looks like a canine" started within the last 5 years here in the US.

I agree it's a local story by farmers. The descriptions vary depending on where you are. And it's not a Mexican hairless dog, Psycho... those things are small. Chuihuahua -sized. The animal in the photo is larger than that.

JWB

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
NOTHING about this animal resembles anything ever described about a chupacabra... It's so lame how the press releases a story with a name we recognize and way too many people in this forum jump on it before they use their heads. It looks like a dog, a lot like this one www.wolf.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Mangy Foxes:

The thing with the chupacabra is that it may have started as the typical cattle mutilation, where the animal has it's organs removed, there's holes in certain places and with these reports floating around, people may have thought they had a "chupacabra" running around their lots because some animal tore the neck out of their chickens and goats.
That's what I think, but I haven't really looked much into the Chupacabra case.
How did it all start?
What do the dead animals display?

[edit on 8/28/2005 by Logical_Psycho]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, some signs of a chupacabra attack are the absence of blood in or around the carcass and holes through which the blood was extracted. I'm not sure how the attacks started.

I have only seen one picture of a supposed chupa victim, but that wasn't very conclusive. It's just a goat with some blood around the throat and what looks like puncture wounds.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Looks more like a mangy coyote to me. I think the hind legs are too big to be a fox's.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I have actually met the first two people in Texas who claimed to have shot the "chupacabra" and i have seen one of the corpses. That corpse being the one shot in Pollock, Texas. I have videa and photo graphs of the corpse after it had been decaying for a few days. We took the corpse to a local veternarian who was supposed to send the body to Texas A&M for research but instead trashed the body.
The man that shot the creature in Elmendorf also had the creature sent for study. He claims (and I will get more info on this) that the tests came back as being unclear as to what the creature was.
I personally do not believe the creature is a Chupacabra, but after seeing it and talking to all of the peope involved in the situation I almost almost certain that the the ones in Elmendorf and Pollock are not foxes, dogs or coyotes.
The on in the first picture is not the same as the previous two shot. The first two had no external or internal skin damage which is always seen in creatures with the mange. I will post some photos tomorrow. I just have to get them off my other computer.

I would really appreciate it if someone could show me where i could host some video so that I could put that up also.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join