It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The research forum: now it's time for something that makes a difference

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   
We have a new forum at ATS, and a new strategy for developing our own meaningful content here on ATS. The research forum will be very much like the debate and collaborative fiction forums where only members with a title of "ATS-Scholar" may post. The intent is to create a collaborative area where dedicated research teams can post their findings, compile theories, reject erroneous information, follow-up on rumor, and publish completed findings on various site-related topics. Once a team has completed their collaborative research and authored a final research "paper", it will be published to our news portal, and press releases will be broadcast to traditional media.

The methodology centers around a research leader who picks qualified forum members to engage in specific research on a given topic. The researchers are then encouraged to post their findings in their threads and discuss the possibilities within the forum. We want to encourage the use of a number of offline sources in addition to online. Contribution is rewarded by points for every post (50)... and if something astounding is uncovered, the entire research team gets an additional bonus (1,000 to 5,000 depending in what is uncovered). If the finished piece is carried by mainstream media (non-conspiracy sites), each member team will receive 50,000 points.

I want to stress that this effort is intended to be a serious and scholarly effort directed at discovering new aspects of existing or old theories related to government conspiracies, secret societies, aliens & UFO's, paranormal phenomenon, and other related site topics. We're not looking to rehash tired topics from Rense, BlackVault, or RumorMillNews, but to find new and credible angles that shed new light on these subjects. Team members should have some degree of experience in the topics being worked on.

Our first team leader volunteer is Toltec for a paranormal topic to be determined later.

I'd like to start by taking requests for team leaders. Please send your qualifications as a team leader to me via U2U. Team leaders can be forum staff, members, or new members. What matters most is your degree of knowledge and experience on the topic being researched. Once team leaders are picked, you should work out a brief proposal for your topic, and submit it to our staff for approval. Once a topic is approved, team leaders will post their proposal in the research forum, and solicit applications for team members. The selection of team members is completely up to the research team leaders.

Feel free to post your comments on this topic here... however, if you'd like to be considered as a team leader, please send me your information via U2U, or e-mail to [email protected].

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   
William

An excellent idea for the new forum, well worth the wait I think!

And should also sort the "men from the mice", the members that are really interested in conspiracy and the one's that are only just starting out!

Looking forward to taking part and reading through other research's as well.

blackwidow

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I think this is just a fantabulous thing.

I cannot wait to read and learn from the papers that get published in this forum!

woohoo!

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I've think I've posted the first topic there...

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Valhall

I second that, its what some of us have been waiting for!

blackwidow

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
so would my idea of... doing experiments with oujia board and writting a report on my findings be the kind of thing that would interest you?

[Edited on 1-9-2003 by The Blade Runner]

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
.......as far as academic credentials?,wow,I would have thought someone here would have realised that being "qualified" would mean their findings would not disrupt the desired outcome of the investigation from a prestablished desirable result,get it?.
It would be good to get someone investigating an issue or science with "credibility" that is accepted in academic circles,as long as they realised what that "credibility,qualification,specialty" represented something other than what they are supposedly"qualified " to research.............
You don't have to have 'credentials',credentials are like a license to think,they are a verification to the establishment that you are trained to think the "right" thoughts,come up with "acceptable' conclusions.
Credentials in acedmics are like drivers licenses,they mean you will stay within prescribed guidelines of thought,stay between the lines,which is pretty much opposite of what these forums are about.
Right?.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
May I suggest that we reassign the following threads to this new forum, as they meet the required criteria:

The World Wide Seismic thread
The Drilling in Antarctica Thread
Explosive Situation in Yellowstone thread

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Or better yet... these three topics serve as the launching point for organized research in the research forum, on the topics represented.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Now thats a good idea william and DR, more indepth and widely explained as well.

blackwidow

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
can i do a research of AI and machines? i wrote a post early on about it,but i would like to build on it abit more. I have deep understanding on the subject

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Jesus. I just wet my only two pair of panties

I wish to give out my "credentials" as a team Member (not Leader). If anyone here can use my many talents feel free to u2u me:

- BFA in Graphic Design - Can easily create graphics for articles and determine layout for condensed presentations.

- Minor in Computer Science - Can code programs that demonstrate points or predictions.

- Good with words and editing. Pretty good researcher too (offline/online)

Interests: NWO, Aliens, John Titor, AI, science

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
sign me up!

I don't have any majors or any college education; I'm just a kid. I have limited knowledge in c++ programming, 3d design, 2d editing. I can spell stuff ok. Supercalifragilisticespealidoshes....ummmm

The research forum will be very much like the debate and collaborative fiction forums where only members with a title of "ATS-Scholar" may post

does this mean that i can't help out. I really would like to help out!!!

[Edited on 1-9-2003 by TheManWithThePlan]

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The single greatest value-adding proposition for ATS since the not-so-Secret Forum last week and Jb1's new Collaborative Fiction thread yesterday!

I like it!

Some details from me will be submitted when I can get my U2Us working again! (Aren't they meant to be cleared at month-end)?

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hey does anyone want to be a leader for John Titor? I guess I'll point this question at the major contributors to the recent "you've probably seen this but..." thread.

Specifically I would like to cover:

a chronology of postings and events of JT
Predictions
His explaination of time travel
A list of all objections on the internet (!) and their answers (a rebuttal of sorts)
Have any of his predictions come true?
and other stuff...

We could write it up real nice and make a huge Wikipedia entry on this subject (www.wikipedia.com). There are no entries for him. If we do this we should contact someone else who thinking of writing a book in it.

u2u me to discuss or I guess William, to be a leader. Or I guess open a new thread in Chit - Chat (which is probably where this shoudl go)

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I would like to be a team leader, but i fear that i will not have the time. In 2 days time, I have to go to school and will only have, on average, around 3 hours per day for research and stuff like that. The organizational requirements to produce a new thesis without big gapping holes, and in and efficient time perameter is, I fear, just too great under my current conditions.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
meaningful content here on ATS.

Meaningful content...good luck.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Holy bageezus.....what an awesome concept and idea. I can't commend this enough.

Boy, I wish this would have been around when the topic of "giants" came about.

This is a positive plus for the community as whole. People coming together, working on a centralized idea instead of "butting-heads" all the time or doing independent types of research on the side. This should encourage abit of a different community mentality. Instead of division, perhaps this will increase the unity of the community.

Awesome job William and those involved. I continue to support the efforts of many here and those who make it to 'research teams'. If I can be of any assistance, though limited somewhat, and even if not in a team, please let me know. This is like sooooooo cool!

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Toltec, please decide on the topic soon and let me join!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
Hey does anyone want to be a leader for John Titor? I guess I'll point this question at the major contributors to the recent "you've probably seen this but..." thread.

Specifically I would like to cover:

a chronology of postings and events of JT
Predictions
His explaination of time travel
A list of all objections on the internet (!) and their answers (a rebuttal of sorts)
Have any of his predictions come true?
and other stuff...

We could write it up real nice and make a huge Wikipedia entry on this subject (www.wikipedia.com). There are no entries for him. If we do this we should contact someone else who thinking of writing a book in it.

u2u me to discuss or I guess William, to be a leader. Or I guess open a new thread in Chit - Chat (which is probably where this shoudl go)

I'll participate, since I've been in on this subject already. But I don't want to be a team leader or anything. I would like to see all the info organized and laid out, so we can analyze it in detail.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join