It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Collaborative Fiction Project.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Legend told that the Pyramid had been created from a light metal found at the heart of a comet by an ancient people now lost in the mists of time.
The Elves had found it in the ruins of a long abandoned city.It was a three sided(excluding base) equalateral pyramid and each side was seven inches across it glowed and appeared to change it colour like oil on water.
The Elves had soon found out it's great power and in their wisdom had divided the pyramid into 4 diamond like pieces.The pieces on their own were nothing but amusing objects.
Man had come to the continent and it was an inocent young fellow later to become Justin Lord of Shadows who had wandered into the great Elven City of Floucetre.The Elves opened the city to him.
While wandering the halls he came across the pieces of the pyramid on 4 red velvet cushions.Attracted by their shifting colour he stole them and ran from Floucetre.
He travelled for weeks looking at his prizes every night.One night he put the pieces together.
The reign of terror that he wrought is well recorded in books and in terrible songs.

It was his young daughter who was responsible for the pyramids break up once more.She had come across the whole pyramid in her fathers chambers while her father fought the few remaining tribes in the south of the continent.Thinking it was a puzzle she had taken it with her to a secluded spot near the river.She took the pieces apart easily enough but failed to put them together again.In her frustration she threw the pieces into the woodland.Legend tells that it was at this exact moment the her father met his end.
The pieces were found by an elderly wizzard who realised what they were.He wandered the continent leaving one piece in a town in each of the four corners of the great continent.
And so seperated,All conquering evil left the world forever......................or so people thought.

In the Cosmopolitan Western seaport of Bluewater there is a great deal more activity than is normal,you notice.
All races mingle in this great trading center but security has increased markedly in the last two days.
The King,regional noblemen,and advisors have been clossetted in the palace.Rumours are rife that the piece of the pyramid that was held under extreme security within the palace has been stolen.
You watch as a rider from the North enters the city and head straight for the palace.
The next day notices are found all around the City.They read:

The King asks all adventurers to apply to undertake a long and arduous journey to the West.4 will be chosen.The King proclaims that 1 x Sourceress/Wizard,1 x Amazon/Warrior,1 x Dwarf/Dwarfess,and 1 x Elf/Elfmaiden will be chosen.

Adventurers are asked to write a small biography of their character.Including names and a brief history of how they have come to Bluewater.To be printed up here.

Life in Bluewater had become too cushy you decide.It's about time you had a little adventure.You decide to apply.

This is an interactive variation of the collaborative fiction concept.Once the 4 have been chosen.The King will give you your mission.
Each fiction writer will write alternately about their journey in the first person(As seen by your character).
But beware if I don't think the journey is exciting enough I will intervene.I might change the weather or I may bring you up against a problem,or I might just create a monster.

Defaulters will meet a particularly gruesome end at the hands of my pen.

This is only an idea it needs your participation to make it work.
Let me know what you think.

JB1

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Greetingth, brave thir. My name is Muth-ked. Pleathe pardon my lithp, and lithten well, for I give you notithe through thith mythtic theashell that thoon I will be arriving to Bluewater on the back of my athth, and then I will thpeak to you at thome length of the thtrange thtory of my life.

Pay no heed to my thmall thtature, brave thir, for I have bethted many warriorth ath well ath thikthteen thorthererth and thortheretheth in purthuit of motht worthy goalth of the thpirit, and I am, forthooth, amongtht the most thkilled merthenarieth from the environth of the H'thiffaen Shield.

Athide from thportth and gameth played with fellow dwarfth that I teach to the giantth amongtht travellerth, I am altho muthical, and play a mean thakth.

I will report thoon ath promithed. Altho, ith it pothible to recommend a thpeech therapitht in the thuburbth of Bluewater, ath I forethee that my travelling companionth will inthitht that in my thpeecheth I mutht thay it and not thpray it.

yourth truly

Muth-ked

P-Eth. Pleathe thtore thith mythtic theashell until my athth ariveth with me.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Ahh, Muth-ked.Fine stout dwarf that you are.

Your application will surely be viewed with great favour and consideration.

For a speech therepist may I recommend.Dr schwarz who works above the apothecary.

It is said that he can work miracles.

But with such a short time for lessons it is doubtful that in moments of great excitement you will be able to control your speech.

We must all hope that you do not come up against the Sharp sabre Stereoclopse of Sashborough.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Brave thir,

Thankth for the referral to Dr Thchwarthththz.

If it pleathe, my name ith not Muth-ked... It'th Muth-ked!

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Apologies Must-ked.

Did I hear your name correctly this time?

I know that Dwarves are short of temper but stout of heart.

I would not wish to offend further one of such noble spirit.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Jethuth Chritht.

My name'th not MUTHT-ked, it'th jutht MUTH-ked.

And yeth, thtout we are, but my temper ith pretty thtable unleth thomeone thayth thomething thtupid about dwarfth.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I want in! Notice my shiny red "Wrier" designation...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I want in! Notice my shiny red "Wrier" designation...

PEACE...
m...

Thith perthon that claimth to be a "Wrier"....

The cut of hith cloth lookth thenthible, yet he theemth to have thome weaknetheth to be thtraightened out.

If he ith thelected (and we all know how gruethome the tethting will be) I will endeavor to help him with hith thpeech.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Mithander... I am a Wizard of respectable abilities and a noble mind. I am available for quests of great danger and equal reward or increased prestige.

I carry only my staff and am quite self sufficient. I follow the path of light and seek to send darkness back to bowels of existence from whence it came...

P.S. If you see my stout, rather wet of speech (I highly reccomend a loin cloth attached to the forehead for protection while he speaks) Master Dwarf friend, Mus-Ked, please give him my regards...

Cee tuini omadram...

Mithander

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Mithtuh Thpringer aka Missander (thpeech syrupy isth working sthomewaht),

Pardon me but if you are a friend to many dwarfsths, then you will realizthe that loincloththths on the forehead will not protect the brave thir narratorth from thaliva and thpray which ith going to end up on their thtomachth.

Are you amuthed by him getting wet? Or are you cathtigating apparently harmleth dwarfth or thothe with thpeech impedimentthhthhs, or both?

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Actually, I am in GREAT need of a shower and was hoping to get in between yourse;f and the Narator...

The last quest I was valliantly altruistic on was quite a dirty business... You see we had to track the missing sprites od Dangohbar through Fangorn forest... Well I assure you, noble Dwarf, the Ents do DROP... And drop... and drop...

Bottom line (pun intended) is we have been in a sweltering humidity for nion a month now and the plumbing is out...

I had hoped that a loin cloth on his forehead would preserve my privacy and "stashed accoutrements"...

Inni minluo talbraith!

Mithander

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Greatings wise Mithander.

I know the King was pleased to hear of your application to be one of the four to embark on this treacherous journey.

I wonder if you can tell us more of how you came to be in Bluewater at this unfortunate time for all that live on the Great Continent.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Brave thir

I haven't been thitting around on my athth all day.

I got a job with a publican at an ethtablishment called the Ay Tee Eth Tavern. I thuthpect thome of the time that the ownerth operate a thecret buthineth on the thide - there are theveral shadowy cuthtomerth pathing around thtolen goodth to fentheth - but ath employerth they are generouth with their drinkth and they have promithed me a thub-leathe on the thmall corner pub which I have dethided to call the Houth Of Muth-ked. I like that plathe ath I can reach the door handleth without a running leap, the door ith only four feet high.

My thpeech therapy ith progrething well, but I am inthtructed by Dr Thchwarthththz to take thingth one day at a time. Tomorrow we will be working thythtematically on my thibilanth.

Oh, two of the thingth I like motht about the Ay Tee Eth are that dwarf throwing ith thpethifically banned, and they have thome thekthy clientele amongtht the elf patronth.

I met thomeone latht evening who wath interethting and appealing to the eyeth, I think her name wath Thkadi but that may have been a thecret code name; in any event brave thir it would not be thilly to check her credentialth for the quetht, I hope you have her addrethth. I notithed she could drink and thmoke all the other patronth under their rethpective tableth.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
hello your majesty, and my fellow travelers. my name is Alwyana, and I am an elfmaiden from the land of Zerg. you haven't heard of it? nobody has. if you travel on the road heading west towards Greenbriar, take a left at the 'right turn only' sign, duck under the 'dead end' sign, wander around for about 10 minutes and you'll find it. I can pretty much guarantee you won't want to, though. I left Zerg for a life of adventure because, really, spending my Saturday nights for the rest of my life at the Zerg Malt Shop and Plumbing Depot really didn't appeal to me. I travel light, I carry only a towel, a spork and my trusty metal detector. the Malt Shop and Plumbing Depot really has some neat stuff if you look hard enough. oh, and for goodness' sake, I'm not a gnome. gnomes are nasty little creatures, with their stealing underpants and skulking about people's lawns.
oh, and Mr. Mithander, when you do find that shower (and I sincerely hope that you do), I offer you the use of my towel.

[Edited on 9/3/2003 by MorningtonCrescent]

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Ah,Fair Alwyana.Natures child.

The metal detector will not be needed but I suggest you keep ahold of your trusty towel.It will come in handy when in animated conversation with Mus-ked your dwarf companion.

I have heard of Zerg but few but the Elfish people can claim to have actually been there.The small town of Greenbiar will be on your way.

Elfish heroes or heroines must have some ability with the bow.I know the King has a well crafted carved bow that he wishes our Elfish hero to carry with them.

How do you find Bluewater?Is it to your taste?

Are there no Warriors or Amazons within our midst?

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Motht warriorth and amathonth I meet thpend too much time looking in the mirror and not enough on their thtoutneth or thpeech improvement.

We can fikth that at the Houth of Muth-ked. It'th been jampacked in here and there are dothenth jothtling for pothition round the "thoda fountain", lotth of elbowth but no thword play yet.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I ask the King to honour my skills and interest in his challenge!

I am Pumachick, and of noble warrior birth. My mother was none other than Harlotra.

You may remember her, good king? She saved your skin a few times when the wrath of the God's fell upon your crown.

Like her, I am strong and fearless. I can - and will - snap an adversaries neck before they even know I'm there; or devour him easily with the power of my thighs. Whatever suits either my mood or the situation.

Each of my devices - stealth, combat or seduction - renders the enemy pathetic beneath my buttery-leathered boots and cool cruelty. You would be a fool not to employ me. And I could sure use the fun.

[Edited on 4-9-2003 by lunachick]

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Step forward child.

Pumachick,there is something in your countenence that is familiar.

I remember your mother fondly, her valour has not been forgotten.Those were,I fear ,much simpler times.The line between good and evil was less blurred.

Notice must now be given that the quest will start on Saturday.Until then please rest and enjoy the hospitality of Bluewater.

The king will wish to speak with you all before you depart.He has a gift for all.The King wishes to thank Mus-ked the drawf,Mithander the wizard,Alwyana the Elfmaiden,and Pumachick the Amazon warrior.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Thank you kindly for remembering my mother so well. She was tough, but more of a lady than I. I grew up wilder and harder than she, and will prove myself more daring in my conquest. I shall endeavour to serve the King and the people here fearlessly, in rememberance of their kindness to her when the Badfish tried to kill her spirit.

*bows*

See you Saturday. You know where to find me should you need me sooner.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Just a quick note to all ATS members.Just because only four heroes will embark on this quest does not mean that you can not be involved.

The rest of us can consider ourselves mini gods in this world.If you have an idea or a riddle and I use it then you can be rewarded with ATS points and credited.
Alternatively heroes may default and be killed off.
Not only under these circumstances would a new hero be needed but a reward of ATS points may be given for the most imaginative and gruesome death for our defaulter's character.

Heroes can request to leave and could either have a graceful death or retire with an injury and be elligible to rejoin the quest later.

Although we are all mini gods the aim is to allow the heroes to craft their own story.We will just interfere if we have something spicey or unpredictable to add.

So it's worthwhile following the story.It may be you that influences what will happen in the next chapter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join