Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

UK Power Cut

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
London hit by power cut!!! stockexchange and underground hit by power cut!!

www.sky.com...

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Coincedence? I think not. Lay low infinite, something may go down today....

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well, I think it's just a general power cut, nothing on the scale of North america. It used to happen more frequently some time ago.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Whispers mentioned terrorism, in NYC, DC, Texas (because Bush was here) and London..........

He specified that what was to happen in NYC was geared towards chaos rather than mass casualties.......

Anyone else seeing a trend here?

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
well its effect a town near me called ashford so im hoping the power cut doesn't hit me

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Any idea how extensive it is? Is it impacting London or any other large city to any great extent?

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well if it hits me in the west country, then I'd start getting worried. The television stations haven't gone down yet, can't be too serious.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Television stations don't go dow, they run on backup generators in case of an emergency.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   

A Tube spokesman said: "There has been a National Grid failure which has affected the underground.

now a national grid failure doesn't happen everyday, probably a hacker or something

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
There were big blackouts in phoenix too, a few days ago.

Someone playing with the switches. Is this a test for the UK to see how managable the chaos is?

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
They are saying that there are people still trapped in the underground...and that it causing chaos in the transport area...

I live in hertfordshire and so far we are ok..
Lets hope it stays that way Hmmm

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

bbc news on it, the cut is spreading like wild fire. theres a town 30mins from me which has been effected.

this could be a test, but i think this might be a hacker

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Most of the outage is in south London and power is returning to South-East London in the Clapham region. It isn't completly disastrous. And the London Underground is still running some services.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
or maybe its just a SNAFU and everyone is getting their little paranoid minds in overdrive hoping to selffulfill their prophesies of terrorist attacks and NWO take over.

whatever happened to REMAINING CALM AND FINDING OUT WHAT HAPPENED before jumping of the deep end screaming the sky is falling?

things DO break down and stop working from time to time. nothing is perfect and i think SOME people are being unrealistic about this. (go on, flame me and say i'm the one who's being unrealistic)

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Prankmonkey;

See my previous post about Whispers.

If it happens once, its coincidence. If it happens more than once, its enemy action.

There are no coincidences...

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
possibly??

jus had a strange thought!!
wasent David blaine balancing on top of the london eye today or was that yesterday!!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Question:

WHERE IS EVERYONE?

Where is Tony Blair? Bush? Cheney? Powell? Everyone else of importance?

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Blairs in court over the Hutton Inquiry. He's firmly in London at this point in time.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Not sure about the others but Tony Blair was at that hutton inquiry today giving evidence...Far as we know he is back at 10 downing street......

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by asala]

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
well the royal family and other government buildings are ok and haven't been effected. Just the public sector

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join