It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Seal on the back of the dollar bill is not a masonic symbol!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The eye in the pyramid in the Great Seal on the back of the dollar bill is NOT a masonic symbol! The page below outlines and explains, conclusively, all of the evidence as to why it is not, and could never be, a masonic symbol. Besides the fact that the first OFFICIAL use of the all-seeing-eye by the masonic fraternity did not come until AFTER the Great Seal was adopoted, there are other undeniable facts which debunk this myth:

www.srmason-sj.org...

[edit on 7-8-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
...that's coming from a 33°, Grand Cross, Freemason?

dh

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Yes, there is no proof there, only the say so of someone bound through oath to lie about it

Cug

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
...that's coming from a 33°, Grand Cross, Freemason?

Actually it's not coming from a 33° or a 32° (Seb) Mason. You see unlike most of the anti-mason sites he gives references for you to look up the information yourself.

Notes
1. Robert Hieronimus, America's Secret Destiny (Rochester, Vt.: Destiny Books, 1989), p. 48.
2. Patterson and Dougall in Hieronimus, p. 48.
3. Hieronimus, p. 81.
4. Hieronimus, p. 51.
5. Hieronimus, p. 57.
6. Thomas and Barton in Hieronimus, p. 54.
7. Thomas Smith Webb, The Freemason's Monitor or Illustrations of Masonry (Salem, Mass.: Cushing and Appleton, 1821), p. 66.
8. Jeremy Ladd Cross, The True Masonic Charter or Hieroglyphic Monitor, 3rd. ed. (New Haven, Conn.: By the Author, 1824), plate 22.

References
Cross, Jeremy Ladd. The True Masonic Chart or Hieroglyphic Monitor, 3rd ed.
New Haven, Conn.: By the Author, 1824.
Hieronimus, Robert. America's Secret Destiny. Rochester, Vt.: Destiny
Books, 1989.
Webb, Thomas Smith. The Freemasons Monitor or Illustrations of Masonry. Salem,
Mass.: Cushing and Appleton, 1821.

Feel free to look up the information and check it for missquotes and the like.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dh
Yes, there is no proof there, only the say so of someone bound through oath to lie about it

No Freemason is bound by an oath to lie. On the contrary, we all take an oath to honor and fidelity. Lying is one of the things that the fraternity looks down on. Can you demonstrate otherwise? Can you PROVE otherwise? Please show me where you learned that Freemasons were bound by an oath TO LIE. If you can't, don't bother posting again in my thread.

Like Cug pointed out: the author of the page has listed references for ALL of his claims. This is indeed something that your precious conspiracy sites NEVER bother to do. Do you deny these references? Are you saying that the information on the page is false? Why don't you discuss the information, instead of slamming the author?

[edit on 6-8-2005 by sebatwerk]

Cug

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk
This is indeed something that your precious conspiracy sites NEVER bother to do.

Well to be fair some do use references, but it seems they hope (correctly unfortunately) no one will bother checking them to see how badly the quotes were taken out of context.

dh

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

No Freemason is bound by an oath to lie. On the contrary, we all take an oath to honor and fidelity

Yep - that was a wrong statement - I meant that the honour and fidelity is to the brotherhood - the bondage is not lying but ommission of truth vis-a-vis the outside world and denial in all its forms

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dh

No Freemason is bound by an oath to lie. On the contrary, we all take an oath to honor and fidelity

Yep - that was a wrong statement - I meant that the honour and fidelity is to the brotherhood - the bondage is not lying but ommission of truth vis-a-vis the outside world and denial in all its forms

Not at all. Just because our claims don't coincide with the claims of conspiracy theorists doesn't mean that we are lying. If anything, it shows that conspiracy theory is very wrong in what it states.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

Originally posted by dh

Not at all. Just because our claims don't coincide with the claims of conspiracy theorists doesn't mean that we are lying. If anything, it shows that conspiracy theory is very wrong in what it states.

You're the one who's wrong.

Cug

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia
You're the one who's wrong.

If he is wrong, do something to prove it. Where in Freemasonry does it say you MUST lie?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Isnt part of the conspiracy that 33degree and lower masons arnt aware of what really goes on in the higher hidden degrees of masons? I remember reading something about when they become 33 they are given a holy object and if they kiss it or whatever they are told "You chose correctly" and they stay 33 forever. If they desecrate it they are told "You chose correctly" and they can now ascend to higher degrees of freemansonry.

Whether or not it was originally a freemason symbol doesnt matter since it is one now, and the 'theorists' are correct in saying it is a masonic symbol, right?

Im just playing devils advocate here, not buying into one side or the other. I dont belive any of it either, but it makes a good discussion. Im just saying whats out there and what other people are saying.

Does anyone know if there are really higher degrees? Well I guess no one here would really know... o well.

apparently the hexagram is important, or is that a lie too?

Cug

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViolatoR
apparently the hexagram is important, or is that a lie too?

Judge for yourself. Lets take a closer look.

You will notice is that it's not a true hexagram. The top and bottom "rays" are very small, the next two are the largest, then the bottom two and in between. If you took a circle and distorted it it's no longer a circle, it's a oval. The same goes with a hexagram they symbolism of the Hexagram is ALL screwed up if it's distorted.

Here's what a proper (Well it's off a tiny bit) hexagram looks like based of the eye triangle.

You would think that because the square and compass are very important symbols in Masonry they would be able to draw a proper hexagram if they wanted it to mean something.

Oh and it doesn't spell Mason it spells ASNOM

[edit on 8/6/2005 by Cug]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViolatoR
Im just playing devils advocate here, not buying into one side or the other. I dont belive any of it either,

Yeah I said the same thing as you when I first saw a pic like that. Obviously it takes some artistic license to make it fit, but I still thought it was interesting how if you look hard enough you can find anything to prove yourself right.

here I used the same lines for the up triangle, copied and pasted them pointing down so the angles and sides are the same. maybe someone will use it as proof of some massive conspiracy to infiltrate the lowest denomination bill as a sign of global power, mwahahhaa!

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
i beg to differ,as a mason myself, the symbol of an eye (left eye of horus or not) inside a pyramid, is used by me and my lodge

also it is commonly found on masonic jewelry and paraphernelia (made by masons) (the conpass conveniently being the pyramid that is)

sebatwerk, whats wrong with you?

[edit on 6-8-2005 by moonchild] ass picture

[edit on 6-8-2005 by moonchild] typo

[edit on 6-8-2005 by moonchild]oops too much ambros... mmm wine tonight!

[edit on 6-8-2005 by moonchild]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
There are a few old churches in Europe that display this triangle with radiating glory. There is no eye at its center as shown in the reverse seal of the United States. The center contains the Tetragrammaton, the four Hebrew consonants of God's name YHWH.

Church in Digne, southern France
www.watchtower.org...

This symbol is found in Masonic works and what is interesting is that the churches that display this symbol are mostly found in France. I was under the impression that Nepolean was to usher in the New World Order but he went rouge and lorded the power for himself.

I have a question:

What came first? The Pentagon in Washington or the 'Book of the Words' (Sephir H'Debarim)? I know Albert Pike had the 'Morals and Dogma' published in 1871 but I do not know when he had the 'Book of the Words' published. Who drew up the plans for the Pentagon building we see today? because the Sephir H'Debarim shows the symbol of the Triangle with the Tetragrammaton within it, surrounded by a Circle and outside the circle there is a Pentagon. YHWH, TRIANGLE, CIRCLE, PENTAGON, CIRCLE, HEPTAGON, CIRCLE, NONAGON, CIRCLE.

What does it all mean?

(They'll probably come after me now that I have revealed one of their secrets.)

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonchild
i beg to differ,as a mason myself, the symbol of an eye (left eye of horus or not) inside a pyramid, is used by me and my lodge

also it is commonly found on masonic jewelry and paraphernelia (made by masons) (the conpass conveniently being the pyramid that is)

sebatwerk, whats wrong with you?

The compasses and the pyramid are two VERY different things. Not only that, but I never mentioned anything about an eye within a triangle, which HAS been used as a symbol, I am referring to an eye floating above an unfinished pyramid. Additionally, lostinspace was right by showing that the tetragrammaton within the triangle is a prominent symbol of the Scottish Rite. It signifies the ineffable name of God.

I find it odd that, as a supposed mason, you have so little knowledge of masonic symbolism and, as demonstrated in other posts, the organization itself.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Gotta love this forum. I think every Mason is given a program when they sign up on ATS that gives them a Masonic avatar and that searches for titles and first posts with the word "Mason" in them when in the Secret Societies forum, and then they all come and start proving the thread starter wrong and then they dissapear again until a new thread with the word "Mason" in it appears.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Gotta love this forum. I think every Mason is given a program when they sign up on ATS that gives them a Masonic avatar and that searches for titles and first posts with the word "Mason" in them when in the Secret Societies forum, and then they all come and start proving the thread starter wrong and then they dissapear again until a new thread with the word "Mason" in it appears.

I'd like to congratulate you for a GREAT addition to this thread! I'd nominate you for Way Above Secret, but... oh, wait... you did absolutely NOTHING to contribute to this thread! Why don't you try discussing the topic, instead of just slamming members because you don't like them?

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Because I didn't have anything else to say, other than that which has been in the back of my head for a while.

I'll try to contribute though.

It is the all-seeing-eye on it. Above the big pyamid has the eye inside a smaller pyamid.

=

Also, it says "NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM" meaning "A New Order of the World".

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Actually, ''Novus ordo seclorum'' is latin for ''new secular order'', not ''new world order''. I understand how some people can make that mistake, however.

sec·u·lar Pronunciation Key (sky-lr)
adj.

1. Worldly rather than spiritual.
2. Not specifically relating to religion or to a religious body: secular music.
3. Relating to or advocating secularism.
4. Not bound by monastic restrictions, especially not belonging to a religious order. Used of the clergy.
5. Occurring or observed once in an age or century.
6. Lasting from century to century.
7. New world order By the freemasonilluminatireptiliansfromouterspace.

but wait it does mean that!!!

/slaps himself in the back of the head.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join