It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens, Astral beings pictures... Real or not???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2002 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2002 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I think you should consider putting the cigarette out next time you're photographing trees at night.

posted on Sep, 17 2002 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Stupid, I got it from a website...

posted on Sep, 17 2002 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I like the council meeting one best with the monkey man and the scroll reeel classy.

posted on Sep, 17 2002 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Most are known hoaxes (as was pointed out... many are simply cigarette smoke.) The "orbs" have been discussed and duplicated on the James Randi board; they're just lights bouncing off water droplets.

There *are* photos of odd looking things that can't be explained... but many of the ones you posted have been debunked.

posted on Sep, 17 2002 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Byrd, are you sure??? Because all of them are of the same area...

And I don't trust James Randi...

That's because Randi is a fraud

[Edited on 1-11-2003 by TheBandit795]

posted on Sep, 18 2002 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Yes, I'm sure.

You can create most of those with cigarette smoke (or incense, if you (like me) don't smoke.) And if you take a flash photo at night during a mist or light rain, you get the "orbs."

The one with the prism-shaped aliens is a Cheap Camera with the light of the flash bouncing back on the lens. Amateur photographers make this mistake lots. I've done it.

The elongated skull is one very famous South American skull... they practiced skull deformation of babies as part of their culture (binding the skull with cloths and boards. Very common.

The 'white bird shape flying down' is a luna moth. Their wings are pale and if you're using (tadaa) cheap camera with bright flash, insects look like bright blobs at night. (I do low light/no flash photography because I got tired of insect blobs in evening shots.)

A bunch of those have been enhanced in something like Photoshop. While that's not a sin and you may get useful information, you can also distort and manipulate the image to where it's not reliable.

And the "six formation UFO" is yet another insect ... photo is taken from a video of "rods" and in one version shows a "rod" flying around the screen. (slow camera, fast insect. Most of us who do photography just laughed over the photos of "rods"... we get them, too, when we accidentally photograph a bright scene with dark areas (you have to adjust the shutter speed, and you can get insects leaving streaks on your very nice photo.)

posted on Sep, 18 2002 @ 08:44 AM
link   
...if in doubt, try it for yourself.

Get a cheapo camera, play with incense.

Use the flash at night when it's misting/starting to rain.

Shoot some insects that are flying around a brightly lit area with a dark backdrop.

posted on Sep, 18 2002 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Ahh.. Cool

I know about the skull, the western civilisation is the only one where it's not common to alter the shape of your skull.

The detail of lots of these pictures is very clear and the forms are also amazing, which makes me think you'll give up or waste rolls of film trying to make them with cigarrette smoke, or else photoshop them all...

Only way to really know the truth is to go to Wanaque NJ ourselves...

They say there are lots of accounts of U.F.O. sightings there...

posted on Sep, 18 2002 @ 09:58 AM
link   
P.s.: One thing I don't like that much is that skeptics dismiss things far too easily based on other things... What I mean is that maybe the real thing and the hoax are similar... So similar you wouldn't know which is which.

I've never seen any skeptics go (and actually go) and investigate some haunted place or whatever paranormal phenomena by themselves,,,, Never...
They'll just stand back thousands of miles away and be judge and jury of whatevers goin on...

Finished with my rant.....

posted on Sep, 18 2002 @ 11:27 AM
link   
"I've never seen any skeptics go (and actually go) and investigate some haunted place or whatever paranormal phenomena by themselves,,,, Never.."

then you need to talk to a better class of skeptic.
I for example spend several weekends a year going to haunted houses with my little bunch of scoobies.

so luck so far though.

posted on Sep, 18 2002 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Lupe,

Just one thing.....

posted on Sep, 18 2002 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I did lots of ghost hunting in my youth. I did, and still do, use a pendulum to locate "spots" and "energies." I was in a large group when we ran into *something* in an old building and I had to calm the group down and fix things so that the "energy" (which could have been imagined) let us pass.

Are they ghosts? Perhaps. Interesting things do happen. I think there are ghosts, but I think they touch your spirit and really aren't manifesting in this world.

And I think there's a LOT of fakers out there.

posted on Sep, 18 2002 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I also think there's a ton of terribly suggestible people out there. We had two in that large group I was talking about, and it was just a pain. They kept getting "vibrations" and "messages" that those of us with a bit more experience put down to "wildly wistful guessing."

posted on Sep, 18 2002 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Byrd,

I know that too... They keep wisperin' in my ear....

posted on Sep, 19 2002 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I see smoke and some reflections. Though a couple look like they could be something.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
None of the links for sargel18.iwarp.com... etc. are working!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join