It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exercise to focus on nuclear terror scenario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
FORT MONROE, Va. -- Here’s the scenario…A seafaring vessel transporting a 10-kiloton nuclear warhead makes its way into a port off the coast of Charleston, S.C. Terrorists aboard the ship attempt to smuggle the warhead off the ship to detonate it. Is this really a possibility?

Sudden Response 05 will take place this August on Fort Monroe and will be carried out as an internal command post exercise. The exercise is intended to train the JTF-CS staff to plan and execute Consequence Management operations in support of Federal Emergency Management Agency Region IV’s response to a nuclear detonation.

The Sudden Response exercise has been held at Quantico, Va., in the past, but has been moved to Fort Monroe to maximize command post training time. The senior leadership felt that it was more important to accomplish training instead of losing up to a day and a half in travel time, said Paul Deflueri, J7 Lead Exercise Planner. “This will allow us to still meet our training objectives,” he said.

Source:
US Northern Command

Hmmm...

Is the US Northern Command trying to Tell us something with Exercises like this?

Sure would explain all the Nuclear Threat Paranoia that has been building lately.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Is the US Northern Command trying to Tell us something with Exercises like this?

Better safe than sorry....we should ALWAYS prepare ourselves for the worst, so if oneday (God forbid) it ever happens, we can have more of a chance of stopping/preventing things like this from happening.

If a scenario like this does happen, and this training pays off...it will be well worth it......do you agree, souljah?

[edit on 19/7/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
If a scenario like this does happen, and this training pays off...it will be well worth it......do you agree, souljah?

I Agree with you Completly - Better be Safe then Sorry.

But I have a BAD Feeling about this Exercises - lately most of them then suddenyl Come True (as it happened on 9-11 and recently the 7-7 in London).

As if somebody is Preparing for something - but we, the small people, are just observing it.

Scary...

cjf

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I’ve been reading and hearing (via various talk radio programs) about a growing general concern/speculation about possible terrorist attacks coordinated to ‘commemorate’ the Hiroshima ‘anniversary’ August 6, it will be the 60th ‘anniversary’ (if there is such a thing).

Horrible if true, aboslutely horrible.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Doesn anyone know what the actual date(s) of this Sudden Response exercise is? There is a discussion HERE that suggests August 17, 2005 as a possible date for the next terrorist strike.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Oh my God! Here we go again with another "exercise" cover to mask the actual mission. Just like 9/11 AND London. Forgive me, I may have missed it, but where is the exercise taking place?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It will be held somewhere in the port of Charleston, SC.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Ahhhhh. Charleston, S.C., in the same month Al-Qaeda has "hinted" at a nuclear strike, another military/govt. "exercise" masking the actual operation, timed close enough to re-new Patriot Act and re-enrage the public against Islamic terrorists. Although, they DID announce it before they actually started the exercise. Hmmmmmm.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Let's get an update on this. Does anyone know if this is underway or what the actual dates of the exercise are?

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Today, 12.50pm, and on the 17th August between 3 and 4pm Central Time,, I think I read. I heard this date of 17th August originally on Alex jones' infowars.com yesterday (12th). They fired a Four Star general because apparently he objected. Why else would he object unless he knew the thing was real. He was objecting because he would oversee the slaughter of a thousands of americans. No, it was for sexual misconduct.

I'm sure that the guy is married and kept his pants zipped, but Bush needed a reason to make sure it ran smoothly. I'm worried.

[edit on 13-8-2005 by Mudja]
removed sexual slang

[edit on 13-8-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Gaza pullout has been postponed until mid August, I wonder if the exercise and pullout will occur on the same day to distract the media.

very interesting...

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The general's dismissal is being discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
What strikes me is, as I pointed out in another thread, that the proposed scenario for Sudden Response '05 so closely matches the plot of a made-for-TV movie first broadcast in 1983, "Special Bulletin".

Same method, same city, same outcome...Charleston goes PHWOOSH!

Maybe the military guys need better memories....or better scripts?

I just figured out how to to it better, atleast from the Terrorist point of view: seal your nuke in a water-tight container and attatch it to the keel under the ship. the steel of the hull will shiel the device from land and airborne radiation detectors while the water wwouls absorb leaking neutrons from the device just as is done in many atomic reactor designs used world-wide. The mass of the ship should pose no major hinderance to the yield of the device upon detonation. and avoidance of detection should allow for more optimum positioning of the device.

[edit on 14-8-2005 by Bhadhidar]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I don't reckon it's anything to worry about. They did practices like this for the Olympics in Athens and it turned out fine didn't it? There's probably a certain number of these practices that you have to do per year (like fire drills at school), and what better time than the summer 'eh?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mudja
Today, 12.50pm, and on the 17th August between 3 and 4pm Central Time,, I think I read. I heard this date of 17th August originally on Alex jones' infowars.com yesterday (12th).

So anyone know if these Drills are going to take place on 8/17? or any other date for that matter. Any documented times posted besides 8/17?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If it does happen (god help us), my bet would be that it would be on 8/18, as apposed to 8/17, as the former sounds roll's off the tounge alot better as 9/11 and 7/7 do.

Let us hope (and pray) that this never manifests itself.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Ok, so here's an interesting find. I have read two articles about this. One was published today the other published yesterday. The one today talks about the exercise going on this week while the one from yesterday talks about how it took place last week. And it mentions nothing about anything happening this week. Strange? Note the second one is a US Army press release.

Richmond Times Dispatch - Today
United States Army - Yesterday

Btw, these are the only two Google News results when searching "exercise Charleston". I'm surprised there aren't more.

[edit on 8/17/2005 by CyberianHusky]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
For what it's worth. Here is a link to a live webcam overlooking Charleston Harbor.

James Island Yacht Club - Charleston Harbor

There are also links to several other live cams throughout the Charleston area. i.e. beach, ocean, bridge, traffic, etc.

Live cams in Charleston area

Still looking for possible cams of Charleston port.

Anybody know of any live cams in the Fort Monroe area?

Peace2All

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The thing is that if something happened I don't think it would be in Charleston necessarily. Something in my gut says Virginia.

Possible targets?

Isn't there a group of Christian Fundamentalists that have formed in Virginia and are seeking to secede from the USA? Or perhaps the Christian Exodus movement that is trying to create a new government in South Carolina? You destroy a group that is a thorn in the Government's side, but at the same time you can claim a Holy War. I know it's digging deep, but I thought it was an intriguing situation.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
well the northcom website says its going on in many places including Alaska

ed to shorten link

[edit on 17-8-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

top topics

join