It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is SP related to AP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
i have sleep paralysis alot actually and i know how to make it happen, but i hate it b/c the hallucinations freak me out, u know greys and # hovering over my body, really weird lol

but ive been doing alot of research and it has occured to me that i think im APing actually when i SP and i havent SP the last few days with the knowledge of how to move while APing so im not sure if it is or not(the reason is b/c i make sure there are no toxic substances in my body...alchohol etc.)

but i did have a weird experience saturday morning, and taht was i woke up and started SPing, and as i kept telling myself lets go AP AP AP AP AP etc. i could feel my body being snapped around, like if i was trying to get out but i couldnt and then i could see a grey's head just nodding and at that point i told myself never mind lets cancel, so i got out of it...and like u know i could see the ceiling and then when i came to i had my eyes closed and i was like wow, when i opened them i could see exactly what i was just seeing.

that same day i did lotsa research about AP and what to do and how to move so im going to try it tonight, but does neone know if they are related?

edit: like the 95% of peopel who report haveing SP occur i aswell calim to have a psychic ability...actaully im convinced i do but thats another story lol.

[edit on 7/10/2005 by Zach]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
In the occult sleep paralysis is considered to be the work of entities of psycic vampires, which feed off of one's psycic energy. You can't "make" sleep paralysis happen.

May I ask, what is AP? Awake paralyisis?

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
May I ask, what is AP? Awake paralyisis?

Astral Projection

Here is a good link to a site all about it..

www.astralvoyage.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Christ I'm an idiot,

In this case, Astral Projecting and Sleep Paralysis are not related in anyway to my knowledge. Two totally different things.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
Christ I'm an idiot,

In this case, Astral Projecting and Sleep Paralysis are not related in anyway to my knowledge. Two totally different things.

Actually it is..

That is a way to get to project..

Its when you body is asleep and your mind wakes before your body.. usually lasts a few mins or so.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Not really.

Always when trying to astrally project your body need to be in a complete state of relaxation and calm. When sleep paralysis arises your body feels a dark presence and a rising fear, so projecting would be impossible because you are not in a tranquil state of mind.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I think it depends on who is having that paralyisis. I would take the opportunity to try and AP, while I guess other will be scared #less.

Then again I have been reading about AP for the last 10 or so years on and off. from one source, it says "In case of Paralisys that is the best time to AP, cause your body is (as you stated) completely relaxed."

[edit on 7/11/2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I suppose it's a possibility that some people have no sort of fear during sleep paralysis. Most victims of SP are often severly frightened and shaken up because they see a figure in the shadows.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
while this is true about being scared, as long as u understand its harmless u really dont have to worry about anything, i mean until the saturday morning i feared SP but now i want it to happen, and yes i can trigger it, it has to be rigth settings though, wake up in the middle of teh night lay on my back and just thunk about paralysis and bam it occurs its rather fasicanting, then i see those damned greys lol

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
There was some phrase in Konstantinos' book that said "Sleep on your back and a haint might get you..." Not many people see Greys, some just see a silhouette of a dark mass.

I should try that myself sometimes, I have made off and on attempts at APing for over a few months. Even theough everytime it happens I'm normally scared #less.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
ya it sure isnt a pleasent experience, and i doubt the new age theory on sleep paralysis b/c i have become to accustomed to it that i can get out of it without a problem and u would think a psychic vampire would beable to keep you in that stae while hes sucking away your psychic powers.

sleep paralysis is an extremely odd thing and i dont understand it fully whatsoever but i do strongly belive it is a key to APing, you just have to learn to control the hallucinating effects or atleast stop being a pussy lol...

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
If worst comes to worst I'll probably have to end up throwing a sheet over my head in order to block out these hallucinations. A crude method, but it will do

I just noticed the word "pussy" when I was typing this. Being a pussy has nothing to do with it. When you are all of a sudden awaken and you see a dark figure in your room your brain is immediately going to trigger the feelings of fear and dread. Save your petty insults.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Actually, i dont think its as easy as throwing a sheet over your head....hahaha

When most people experience SP, they usually report vision/seeing with closed eyelids AKA "astral sight". Some report being able to see through objects. Personally, I have only done this once while trying to AP, and it usually comes right before you AP. AP'ers consider this a "pre-OBE symptom" that go right along with the vibrations, vertigo, and "floating" feelings.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well, i'll say this, there is a podcast in my signature where I explain how you can project from a sleep paralysis state.

I can induce sleep paralysis but only when i'm dead serious with solid intention.

My technique is I essentially go to sleep at night with the intention to wake up a couple hours before usual... this usually works quite easily for me and others who have told me they tried this way.. The whole point of waking up a couple hours before is because I know i'll be still tired enough to fall back to sleep. When I wake up a couple hours before, as I try to go back to sleep I tell myself "I have sleep paralysis" and I really try to mean it... when I fall to sleep there is a good chance I wake up with sleep paralysis.

The other reason I choose to wake up a couple hours early is that I feel the conscious mind is more able to be aware of these transitions, like how your dream recall is better at the end of your dream cycle. If you can wake up and you feel like your mind is still running with imagery, that is a great time to try to astral project.

I find its good to try while having mid-day naps and such as well.

But so anyways, once in the sleep paralysis state I focus on making the vibration feelings and sounds higher...raising the vibration, its not hard really its pretty automatic as soon as you think about raising it. In my earliest projections I found it really helped, and that by raising the vibration I could "get out" easier.

Now-a-days I find the whole sense of vibration and even the sound are much gentler, quieter but higher pitched and projecting is a simple matter of slipping out, it doesn't feel so much like that sleep paralysis feeling, that loud sound and like your head is in a paint can shaker.

In fact.. you know that ringing in your ears people refer to as "tinitus"... I think it's the sound of our energy field. When I wake up in the morning sometimes I'll hear it louder and it will begin to fade as I become more awake but by focusing on it and raising it I am able to project.

So.. sleep paralysis, I still experience it to astral projection and find it a useful precursor but the experience isn't so heavy or physical as it used to be. When you get the hang of astral projecting, when you have one and wake up, you can keep going as long as you want, it's easier to "get out".. you won't feel so stuck. I think my longest was 10 or so projections, about an hours worth and when I woke up my skull felt pretty funky... like that shaking feeling comes down to a physical level, pretty wild.

But yes, I give a
for astral projection from sleep paralysis.

Whatever you can do to be conscious / lucid during your astral experiences.

new topics

top topics

join