It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X3: Your official information on X-men 3 starts here!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

With out Director Bryan Singer on X-Men will the franchise fall as the old Batman movies did? We will have to wait to find out.

Matthew Vaughn was supposed to take the reins of X3 and I was excited about it.Vaughn has most recently directed "Layer Cake". He has also produced such films as "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" and "Snatch."
Unfortunately last month it was announced that he had dropped out of the film.

Brett Ratner, director of the Rush Hour films, is now directing X3. Here is what he had to say on www.mtv.com...

"I'm not Joel Schumacher," he said of the fan-despised director behind "Batman Forever" and the even more poorly received "Batman & Robin," "and I'm not ... um ... who did the third Superman?"

That would be Richard Lester. "I'm Brett," Ratner said, "and all I know is what I know, what I can do and what I have to work with."

It looks like fans disagree. There is already a online petition against him.
www.petitiononline.com...

So what cast and characters will be back?
Nightcrawler, one of my favorite x-men, is out. They say they had to drop Nightcrawler because they had too many characters. Likely they didn't want to many blue people running around.

Beast is in and will be played by Kelsey Grammer

Visually the casting choice here doesn't impress me but Grammer's voice practically exists to play the Beast.

Returning (signed) cast will include:
Hugh Jackman (Wolverine), Halle Berry (Storm), Shawn Ashmore (Iceman), Patrick Stewart (Xavier), Rebecca Romijn (Mystique), Famke Janssen (Jean Grey/ Phoenix), and Aaron Stanford (Pyro).

James Marsden (Cyclops), Anna Paquin (Rogue), and Ian McKellan (Magneto) have been said to return but official announcements have not yet been made.

Daniel Cudmore (Colossus), Kelly Hu (Deathstrike), Kea Wong (Jubilee) are all under contract to be in an X-men sequel. Their actual appearance will depend on the script itself.

Vinnie Jones will be joining the cast as the unstoppable Juggernaut.

Having the Juggernaut in this film guaranties amazing visuals.

That is all I got for now. More posts will be made as official announcements come in the future.

X-Men: The Last Stand trailers and ads

To jump forward to the teaser trailer click here. Page 4

To jump forward to the theatrical trailer click here. Page 7

To jump forward to view 3 TV spots click here. Page 8.

To jump forward to view the "Danger Room sequence" clip click here. Page 9.

To jump forward to view the seven minute X-Men: The Last Stand Preview click here. Page 9

[edit on 12/5/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
They dropped Nightcrawler! But he's my favorite! I guess all I can hope for is that they put Gambit my second favorite Xman in. That card throwin Cajun can come to my house anytime

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I don't like that they decided to get rid of Nightcrawler at all. Although if X3 had Nightcrawler, Mystique, and Beast in the movie it would be too goofy.
They would have to name the movie X3: Smurfs United

I would of preferred they keep Nightcrawler and not have Beast at all.

As for Gambit it looks like he just isn't int the cards this time.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Not exactly pure "X-3" news, but it is related. It deals with the potential spinoff's that may happen if X3 is a hit. Two are confirmed so far, they are Magneto an Origins story and Wolverine. There is a third unnammed spinoff in the works, maybe following some of the other mutant groups forming around this timeframe in the mythos? Who knows but this series has a bright future(i hope)

www.superherohype.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Like I said before I like Grammer's voice for the Beast but not his visual presence. So far there is no word on if Beast will be CG or a costume or what. Odds are it will not be CG. Here are some pics I found of Grammer. I picked photos that were as different as possible.

How will he look in the movie? There are different incarnations of the Beast in the Comic.
Originally in 1963 Beast looked like this.

He was a mutant that had big hands and feet and was especially agile.

Later on he drank a chemical that furthered his mutation turning him into a Blue furry beast.

This is probably the best known incarnation off the Beast and has the best odds of being the image of the 'movie Beast".

The current version of the Beast has gone through another mutation and has become more feline in appearance.

Fans favor the incarnation before this one.

(All Beast images are from www.uncannyxmen.net Monolith and Peter Luzifer have put together an outstanding costume gallery that can not be found anywhere else on the net. That web site is a must see for any X-men fan.)

What will the movie beast look like? Maybe it wont look like any of these. In my opinion that will be the most likely be the case.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Not exactly pure "X-3" news, but it is related. It deals with the potential spinoff's that may happen if X3 is a hit. Two are confirmed so far, they are Magneto an Origins story and Wolverine. There is a third unnammed spinoff in the works,

I'm thinking a Storm movie or like you said a different team with Storm in it.

I am defiantly looking forward to the Wolverine movie (The X-men movies are almost Wolverine movies anyways.) I'd love to see them do a "Weapon X" story.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Using the latest in photo editing software I have constructed what The Beast would look like if played by Kelsey Grammer

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
Using the latest in photo editing software I have constructed what The Beast would look like if played by Kelsey Grammer

"Oh my stars and garters."

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Vinnie Jones is going to make a great Juggernaught.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Just a rumor but newsworthy if true.

www.aintitcoolnews.com...

Hi Harry-

You don't know me and I've never sent you a scoop. However, I have firsthand knowledge that as of today, the role of Archangel in X-Men 3 has been cast. The actor's name is Ben Foster, and he has been seen in such films as Hostage and The Punisher. This is 100% reliable and will most likely be announced in the trades by Monday.

Call me Frank Logan

ArchAngel? Does this mean they'll be starting the Apocolypse storyline soon?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I guess we will have to wait until Monday to see if an announcement is made.

If it is true I'm going to be mad

If they ditched Nightcrawler because there are too many characters and then add Angel I'm going to have to write a letter

Really I don't buy this. Supposedly they are going by the script that Matthew Vaughn so-wrote, and I don't think they will be making additions like this when they want to get this movie out by May 2006.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Maybe it will be a small roll like Beast in X2(he was shown briefly during a press conferance on the TV about the Mutants(what else
)

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Maybe you are right. They can introduce Warren Worthington in X3 and have him on the team for X4.

Whatever the case I'm sure his appearance wont be as short as Beast's in X2. That was like 1.5 seconds

And that dude looked just like Hank McCoy! Unlike Frasier Crane

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The Hank McCoy in X2 was Steve Bacic from the popular tv series Andromeda

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I went through a lot of trouble to get this

I don't know why they didn't just use this guy. It's not like he has never acted before.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
if it's not already been said on the cast list gambit is ment to be appearing in X-3 aswell so Ive heard.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
sardion2000, it's official.

The cast of X3 continues to blow up like a balloon, as yet another mutant joins the team. Ben Foster, star of Get Over It and a regular on 'Six Feet Under', has signed on to play winged mutant Angel for the third instalment of the franchise.

www.empireonline.co.uk...

SE7EN, no official signs of Gambit yet. I have the official cast listed up on the first post. Since Ben Foster has just been added I would not be surprised now to see Gambit or any other mutant added.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I've heard a rumor that supposedly Cyclops won't play a very big role this time. I don't know how they'll pull off the Phoenix story without Cyclops to be the lover but thats the route they're taking I heard. I guess the guy who plays Cyclops is starring in that new Superman movie so Fox is a bit pissed off or something.

Anyhow I'm thinking it would be cool if Colussus would get more of a part in this movie. We only got a quick glimpse of him in X-2 and he looked awesome, it would be just like Terminator. It's also a shame that they're taking out nightcrawler, he was done prettty well in X-2. But I hope above all else they keep Magneto. He is just so awesome, I mean who else can suck the iron from a man's blood, or detonate a grenade from afar?

As for the spinoff movies, they sound like pretty good concepts. I think that the Wolverine movie will be awesome, especially if they go into the Weapon-X program. Plus I'd like to see more of Lady Deathstrike if possible, even if she got pumped with adamantium in X-2 that was an awesome fight scene I'd like to see a repeat of.

And of course Magneto's movie. I don't know how that'll work out. The problem with Magneto is that the comics didn't reveal enough of his past to do a lot with in a movie. But seing as I'm a Magneto fan I think they could do something cool with it. Of course the fact that Magneto is a holocaust survivor, gives Fox a lot of ground to work with on it's own.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
SE7EN, no official signs of Gambit yet. I have the official cast listed up on the first post. Since Ben Foster has just been added I would not be surprised now to see Gambit or any other mutant added.

I don't think Gambit will be in X3. Maybe X4 but he's coming soon. Question in the Comics when does Rogue get her flying and super strength.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
And of course Magneto's movie. I don't know how that'll work out. The problem with Magneto is that the comics didn't reveal enough of his past to do a lot with in a movie. But seing as I'm a Magneto fan I think they could do something cool with it. Of course the fact that Magneto is a holocaust survivor, gives Fox a lot of ground to work with on it's own.

My gut tells me that the 'Young' Magneto movie is going to suck as bad as the Catwoman movie.

I bet the filmmakers will love the freedom of doing what they want because the comics don't spend much time in Magneto's youth.
In other words... It wont be a Magneto movie at all.

Personally I see movies and comics as two different entities. We can't expect a direct translation of a comic book.
What is important is keeping the characters true to the book, and a Magneto movie wont do that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join