It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report of 180 Types of US Human Rights Violations Since 9/11

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
In celebration of Independence Day and the rights and freedoms of the peoples of the US, reports of more than 180 violations of human rights by the US Government since 9/11 were submitted to the UN Human Rights Committee, the UN Committee Against Torture, the UN Committee on Elimination of Racial Discrimination, and to the Bureau of International Organization Affairs in the US Department of State under a resolution adopted by the City Council of Berkeley, California.

"It is almost a secret," said Prof. Ann Fagan Ginger, editor of the reports, "that the US Senate ratified three human rights treaties in 1992 and 1994 that require the US Government to submit periodic reports to three UN human rights committees on how the US Government is enforcing the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR), the Convention Against Torture (CAT), and the Convention on Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD)."
*See link for list of violations*

Source:
TruthOut.Org

Meiklejohn Civil Liberties Institute

Well, thats not a Nice number to have on your record - 180 Civil Rights Violations since 9-11.

So, how is this War on Terrorism, that the 9-11 event triggered, going to help eliminate Internation Terror, while the USA can perform 180 Human Rights Violations.

That is like, when a Policeman gets over the Edge when trying to prevent a crime, by killing, raping, torturing and abusing the prisoners, which makes him the same Beast as the Men he arrested as Beasts.

Edited for large quote.

[edit on 9-7-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
What do you have 180 to compare to? Real sketch whenever you start to report war casualties and territorial incidents as human right violations.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Souljah you dont give it up do you?, even when the london attacks prove your wrong you will still spout this garbage :shk:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Where are the reports from the UN bout the hundreds of thousands human rights abuses and casualties by the other counties around the world? They cherry pick 4 years form the US and fine some lame A “abuses” and report on it?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
good post Souljah
though nothing surprises me anymore, the sooner George Bush and his criminal cabal are removed from power the safer the world will be. Their days are numbered I look forward to the impeachment of all these killers.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Yep, TruthOut.org certainly seals the deal for me.
So does Souljah's topic heading.
From the article:

...submit 180 reports of 30 types of violations...

Souljah's, topic heading:
Report of 180 Types of US Human Rights Violations Since 9/11

yep, yep...I am sold...

seekerof

[edit on 9-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Where are the reports from the UN bout the hundreds of thousands human rights abuses and casualties by the other counties around the world? They cherry pick 4 years form the US and fine some lame A “abuses” and report on it?

Those reports are all over the place, might find them on the UN

i dont know about you, but i would like to see the UN reports on US human rights Violations

To be honest WestPoint, i wouldnt take TruthOut.org seriously

cjf

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I personally enjoy the ‘guts’ portions:

Resolution 62,841-N.S. passed by Berkeley City Council on March 15, 2005
-[snip]-
WHEREAS, this Report includes copies of the Berkeley Human Rights Ordinance, and the City Council resolutions proposed by the Peace and Justice Commission against the USA PATRIOT Act and against corporate personhood, and for the precautionary principles and ….. (continued immediately below)

PAY ATTENTION NOW……

for an excess profits tax on contracts during US wars; and..
-[snip]-

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the City Council submits a copy of the Report to the US State Department and to the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights and to the UN Human Rights Committee during its Spring 2005 meeting in New York as one step in upholding the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, the Convention Against Torture, and the Convention on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination; and… (all above emphasis added)

Yet another “nickel and dime” millionaire club attempting to receive some press, notoriety and funding…. no doubt. Sold, LOL!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Mayby it's time to modify the constitution so that Bush can remain president for many more terms.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

If every country on earth violated human rights, it doesn't make it right. Aren't we supposed to be setting an example?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Sure "we" are, CaptainJailew, along with a host of other nations that have also classified themselves as "civilized" and that are committing a wide variety and number of "Human Rights Violations."

Again, the irony here is how the UN and other such human rights groups and activist organizations are simply 'targeting' the US. Why? Would it have anything to do with the Iraq war? Would it have anything to do with them being anti-war proponents? Would it have anything to do with taking the 'heat' off the UN and the oil-for-food scam? The list can go on.

I simply tend to move with the 'ironic' crowd, don't mind me.

seekerof

[edit on 9-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Sorry, I have a serious problem with any "report" that is issued from a university that has taken an extreme position of being anti-American and very left-wing.
Am I saying that we are perfect? Well, of course not. Do individuals do stupid and evil stuff? Of course. Do we have a system that has proven to smack the evil-doers down? Yup.
Does this same university have a track record of condemning those who kill our citizens, disrupt and kill the Iraqi population and have they taken note that we have poured more humanitarian aide into Afghanistan than the rest of the world combined, throughout history? Nope.

Sorry, but this "report" is a bit biased.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Hey Souljah, just curious, is this the same UN Human Rights Commission that is headed by Syria? One of the most prolific sponsors of terrorism and anti-semitism in the world?

Yeah, sure, right.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I never gave a value judgement, or even any indication as to whether or not I believed the report. What I did do was refute a dismissal of this report bases solely on the idea that other countries do bad stuff as well. Nothing excuses violating innocent human rights, no one should be above it, not the US, not Syria, not Iraq, not China....no one. That's all.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
What about the UN's human rights violations? Surely Koffi Annan and his son helping Saddam Hussein divert billions meant for infrastructure should fall somewhere under that category.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It's ok when the U.N. bosses do it as it is on behalf of the world. It's only a bad thing when the U.S. does something out of self-preservation.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Two things.

Firstly, why is that "Anti-American"? And what is the system that so adequately "puts down" the wrong guys? The current system doesn't appear to be working too well at all.

Secondly, Westpoint?...we could literally dig through the HR violations charges relating to any given country, for hours on end. The difference might be that the US (for one) tends to paint inself as virtually "untouchable" when it comes down to "We're right, they're really, really wrong" statements relating to other nations accused of the same thing.

We're talking about the US. Not anyone else.

We could make other threads for those countries too, though....s'not a problem

Since when has "Well THEY are doing, it tooooo!" ever been more than a school yard retort?! Pointing fingers at someone else doesn't make the accused any less guilty.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
Two things.

We're talking about the US. Not anyone else.

We could make other threads for those countries too, though....s'not a problem

You see, those who continuously attack the U.S. while there are bigger and more obvious targets are the reason some of us assume the threads and posts are unAmerican. WE always hear that people could mention the otehr and bigger issues, but they never do.
When Bezerkley attacks the Islamofascists like they attack the U.S., I'll then know the end is drawing near!!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   

You see, those who continuously attack the U.S. while there are bigger and more obvious targets are the reason some of us assume the threads and posts are unAmerican.

That's flawed logic, unfortunately.

Sure, I'm sure there are bigger targets. But since when has size been the only valid measuring tool?! Not since I was past high school, anyway

Perhaps more to the point though - they're often the same folk who can see clearly enough to recognise and congratulate the US (and whichever nation du jour might be the current subject) on the good things they have done.

And yes, many folk who keep on at American human-wrongs do actually keep going on about many, many nations and many, many other situations.

Maybe you're just not reading about 'em, Thomas?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Army more people should read your signature its really revealing, those are the same people today complaining about our interrogation techniques
that they a couple of years ago voted to approve.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join