It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Dennis pics - my yard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Here's what I woke up to this morning...

The yard, roof, etc. littered with branches, many of which are a couple inches thick, and about 4 feet long...

My front porch, now with a large gap, letting in lots of rain...

Missing fence panels, about 8' worth...

My front wooden fence....

And of course, my neighbor's tree, now broken, and laying on my yard, hehe...

EDIT: I'm in Tampa Bay, FL....

[edit on 9-7-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
wow! looks like you've got quite a clear up job to do there!
Did you sleep through the whole thing?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Yep, until that really loud gust... I heard lots of small branches smacking against the walls and the roof (bedroom is on the second floor of the house)....and then went outside (still in my boxers, hehe...
), then got dressed, took some pics.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
With the light of day, a couple clearer pics...

A better one of the fence damage....

A better one showing the tree through the fence....

The grapefruit tree the other tree fell on, taking a large part of it with it....

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Oh good, I can look forward to that in a few hours....

I feel much better now.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Hey Gaz.

Sorry you had to go through that. Just glad you and your lovely wife are OK after the storm. Looks like you might be getting some experience in home remodeling

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I hope you took woodshop in school cause your going to need it for that fence

It shows how much force it has and it hasent even touched land yet.. im glad im up here in ny and not down there, a few days ago my mother said lets move down to Atlanta and today i show her the news and the map of the tornados path and said were fine right here for now mom. Its a good thing your safe and not harmed, are you going to leave? because Florida has the evacuation alerts.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
No, this is all pretty minor really.....so not leaving... The fence is an easy fix. Same thing happened (different part) last year with the storms... We'll have to reset another panel too, as the mooring post was broken...

The front fence is easy too.

I'll get a friend's chainsaw to take care of the downed tree...

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Glad you and your wife are ok, that's what counts the most.

i don't have a digital camera but anyways, in my area not a lot seems to have happened yet, we do get some strong gusts of wind now and then but nothing real bad. Let's hope the hurricane doesn't pick up strength.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Just lost the panel to the left of the other downed one (in the pic), hehe....

[edit on 9-7-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I think I'll call my dad. He's in Sun City Center, just south of you. I'm sure he stayed at home, though.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
nice pics, well not really, you know what I mean.
You're probably going to be in this wet windy stuff alot longer than us.

I am so grateful that Dennis evolved the way it did over the past 12 hours, it could have been a lot worse for us in South Florida, but I believe we have effectively dodged the bullet. Still those feeder bands that pop up can be quite wicked.

Let's just hope it stays a Cat 1 and keeps going further west from the coast of the peninsula

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Actually, I think we got hit by a micro-tornado... Driving around (calm right now), the damage seems only on my street...and that "gust" I heard did sound a lot like a tornado, but it was just real brief..... There's a swath of about 4 houses in a row that seem to have been affected, so that makes more sense than a gust....

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well, did some initial cleanup (with a chainsaw...)

Have you seen the vid clips of the TWC guys getting blown around?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Thank god your ok.... Thanks for sharing the pics.. I haven't really made the effort to keep track of the footage, as the media does a pretty good job of beating stories into the ground...

If you need any help with putting that awning back up please call me at 1 800 u wish..
I really can't help you cuz i'm michigan...

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hehe...

It's all cleaned up now pretty much.

Here's an aerial pic of Pensacola. Look closely and you'll see the damage Dennis did...

top topics

join