It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rove Outed CIA Agent Valerie Plame???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   

...when Matt Cooper's e-mails within Time Magazine are handed over to
the grand jury is the ultimate revelation-probably within the week-of who his source is.And I know I'm going to get pulled into the grand jury for saying this,but the source for Matt Cooper was Karl Rove,and that will be revealed in this document dump that Time Magazimne is going to do with the grand jury."-Lawrence O'Donnell on McLaughlin Group

Did Rove commit treason??

For those not up on Plame:

en.wikipedia.org...
Plame was identified as a CIA "operative" in Novak's column, which read in part: "Wilson never worked for the CIA, but his wife, Valerie Plame, is an Agency operative on weapons of mass destruction. Two senior administration officials told me Wilson's wife suggested sending him to Niger to investigate" the allegation.[1] (www.townhall.com...)

According to Novak, administration sources claimed that it had been at Plame's suggestion that the CIA sent her husband to Niger in 2002 to investigate the Yellowcake Forgery, documents implying that Iraq had attempted to illegally purchase uranium from that country. This appeared to contradict Wilson's claim that he was sent to Niger at the request of Vice President Cheney. Cheney has denied any knowledge of Wilson's Niger visit.

Wilson charged that his wife's CIA association had been deliberately exposed by the White House in order to destroy her career, in retaliation for his public charge that the Bush administration had lied to the American people about U.S. intelligence concerning weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. In an article in The New York Times on 6 July 2003, Wilson denounced the Bush administration, saying that "some of the intelligence related to Iraq's nuclear program was twisted to exaggerate the Iraqi threat."

What a revelation if this is true! For a Senior Administration Official to be fingered for treason would throw the political spectrum into disarray and could potentially be larger than watergate.

Now all we have to do is wait for TIME to hand over the documents and name the source.

[edit on 1-7-2005 by Nerdling]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Now all we have to do is wait for TIME to hand over the documents and name the source.

They may hand over the name to the BushCo government, but it will probably never see the light of day. It'll get covered up again for 'security reasons.'

I wouldn't be at all surprise if it was Rove. Would he be charged with treason? If we could only be so lucky ...

And Bush with him - everyone wants to impeach Bush anyway. Why not add some new reasons?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
A story over at Editor and Publisher says they are pondering whether he could be tried for perjury if he told a Grand Jury that he was not the source.

MSNBC Analyst Says Cooper Documents Reveal Karl Rove as Source in Plame Case

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
What a revelation if this is true!

Perhaps patience and constraint is the best plan, lest another "Blue Dress" incident occur closer to home.

The only person Karl Rove needs to out is Karl Rove... And Tom Cruise of course...

Sorry Katie, the "beard" just doesn't suit you.

Outed Monkeys, not just for the closet anymore...

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The end of Rove?

Like the Downing Street Memos are the end of the Bush and Blair Administrations?

We'll see...

Maybe they can get some corroboration with Judith Miller and The New York Times. See Journalist facing jail sentance.

If true it will be interesting/entertaining to see the Rove machine in full swing defending itself.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
John Buchanan wrote of this today as well, what is the IIPA of 1982?

Snip~

If the White House source is named, he will almost certainly be indicted under the IIPA of 1982. That indictment COULD be against Karl Rove or Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Cheney's chief of staff -- or a top aide. In either case, we will have another Watergate-level crisis on our hands -- an indictment in a President's WH inner circle -- the mainstream media will be forced onto the story -- and George W. Bush will earn the nasty fate he so deserves. The world may see him get "frog-marched out of the White House," to quote Ambassador Wilson's famous hope about Karl Rove's fate.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
BushCo got away with this one once again. John Dean wrote about it and it really goes to show the kind of people the neocons are

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
While this is premature if true, no doubt Rove will be thrown to the wolves. Bush and company will be insulated as far as criminal activity but the fall out is more likely to effect the 2006 Senate / Representative race and could alter the balanace of power in either body which would in effect bring his agenda to a halt.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Im not a american but forgive me for butting in,

If my memory serves me correct, didnt this end with a 10year ring of informers for the CIA all being killed plus some active field spooks got wacked? a huge netweork of front companies, deals, recruiting of new informers was destroyed over night?

If its true its is Karl rove, surely this goes way beyond him resigning, surely its treason and if the above is true i stated, surely he should be given the death penatly,

hopefull they`ll be no presidential pardon when bush leaves office for whom ever it is..

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Didn't everyone know it was Rove years ago?

Why is this remotely surprising?

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The Unauthorized Biography of Dick Cheney

Click on watch the video, obviously

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
More from O'Donnell on this:

Since I revealed the big scoop, I have had it reconfirmed by yet another highly authoritative source. Too many people know this. It should break wide open this week. I know Newsweek is working on an 'It's Rove!' story and will probably break it tomorrow.

Link

Looks like the you-know-what is about to hit the fan.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It not going to be true. Just think if it was true why would the Bush Admin be pushing for the source to be released? If it is Rove, Bush would know and be trying to bury it not brin it out!! Think about it.

[edit on 2-7-2005 by Boatphone]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Maybe that's why O'Connor resigned yesterday, instead of some other day. They're trying to deflect attention from the big story about Rove.

If a lot of people know about it already, it would be really hard for Bush to cover it up. The only reason why they've kept quiet so far is that the Special Prosecutor was still investigating and was waiting on a ruling from the SC to get the info required to blow it all into the open. Keep in mind that the White House source contacted multiple big name reporters prior to the story breaking, and those reporters declined to print. No way to keep them quiet if the Special Prosecutor doesn't go after whomever it was.

Bush can't support Rove because it would make him look like a hypocritical fool. The best he can do is claim he didn't know anything (and I think that's out of the bag, too, since some sources say he knew but did nothing to stop it). Worst case scenario, everyone goes down on this one.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh
Maybe that's why O'Connor resigned yesterday, instead of some other day. They're trying to deflect attention from the big story about Rove.

And maybe pigs will actually grow wings and fly!

Sorry I am new. You people are very entertaining here.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSockPuppet
And maybe pigs will actually grow wings and fly!

Sorry I am new. You people are very entertaining here.

It's a conspiracy site if you hadn't noticed.
You'll soon get used to alternative views of news events if you decide to hang around.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

You'll soon get used to alternative views of news events if you decide to hang around.

No he will get used to theories and conspiracy about everything toped off with some bush bashing when ever possible. Enjoy ATS!

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Whatever are you going to do if your man is proven crooked in this deal?

If nothing else, it shows the lengths that Bush & Co are willing to go to to shut people up who have an opposing position.

So much for freedom of speech.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Put that rat traitor in jail and put his boss in there with him!

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ouch, first I heard of this..... I thought it was a senator that blew the persons cover. They had him on Fox News when Deepthroat was revealed.

Jon Stewart made fun of him cause the senator blew the cover of a CIA agent and wanted to be known as a hero, but said Deepthroat should be killed as a traitor for exposing the corruption in the GOP.

Anyways, IDK, throw them all in jail, get McCain in power, finally have a democrat in power.(joke on McCain since he is so moderate)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join