It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Schoolgirl killer wants to be left alone

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Karla Homolka is seeking protection from the media stating that if details of her release from prison are released to the public, there may be those that will use that info to try to kill her.

cnews.canoe.ca
In an injunction request, Homolka names the Toronto Sun first, followed by 12 print and broadcast outlets that she wants barred from publishing details of her release and her life as a free woman.

An accompanying affidavit states she's received constant death threats and fears someone will deliver on their promise once she's free.

"In particular, two weeks ago, my (parole) officer, Bernard Bisson, told me that two calls were placed to Joliette penitentiary saying I would die when I left prison," she wrote. "I believe some people wish to do the public a favour by killing me."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Poor poor Karla. Seeking protection because she is afraid someone might try to kill her. How can a woman that helped her husband abduct, torture, rape, kill, and cut up teenage girls expect protection? How much protection did her victims get? I hope she gets what she deserves...not to be murdered, but to be dogged and humiliated for the rest of her pitiful life!

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Well, imho, if a person recieved a sentence and served it in full. They have every right to try and start a new decent life.
If they are dogged from the second they are released every chance of them redeeming themselves by becoming a working member of society is nulled.

Not supporting the reintegration of people that served their sentences makes the penile systems purpouse void null.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
When Joel Steinberg was released from prison the media followed him around. One article in a local paper talked about how, when questioned as to he beat Lisa the way he did Steinberg said she was staring at him and he couldn't take it. The author of the article begged anyone reading to stare at Steinberg if they were unfortunate enough to be in the same vicinity as him. The press cuaght random people calling him a childkiller, they caught him falling down the steps to his new home and they more or less made him miserable for a little while. Unfortunately, he was only a story for a short while and they are no longer following him.

The message was put out there tho.

Hopefully this woman will get similar treatment.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
killing children is one of those crimes that the punishment never seems enough.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Well, imho, if a person recieved a sentence and served it in full. They have every right to try and start a new decent life.

The problem with that is she did not get the sentence she deserved. She made a deal with the crown in which she received a leniant sentence in exchange for testifying against her then husband. However, after the deal was made, her lawyer miraculously discovered video tapes of the torture, rape and killings that showed she was as much a participant as her husband. The deal would not have been made if the tapes were given to the prosecution earlier.

She's a scumbag that deserves whatever she gets.

For god's sake she "gave" her sister to her husband as a present and let him rape her...she died that night after choking on her own vomit due to the drugs Karla gave her!

[edit on 29-6-2005 by sensfan]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
To the author,
I would tend to agree with your viewpoint but I would need some details of the actual crime which she was convicted of. If, for instances, it was accidental or that evidence supports that it was a one-time deal, then I would have to say that she should be left alone.
BUT, if the details and evidenc points that she may continue to present a danger to the community, then I would hope that everyone is made aware of what she is doing and where she is at.
According to the article, her life while in prison was miserable due to the press coverage. This leads me to believe that the origional crime was a lot more than just "killing a schoolgirl".
Let us not foget, the recent events in Florida wher convicted child sex offenders were "allowed" to gain access to children and eventually raped then murdered new victims.
Sorry, I have a very low tolerance for any creature (sorry, I can not deign to call them people) who cause injury to a child or to a woman. They are the ones that get my blood to boil very quickly.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Nice catch there sensfan,
I did not put the name to the crime. I remember this case!
Sorry, one this one, I would definately want to know of this monster's every move! I am sorry the facts of the origional case, should have been enough to have kept her from EVER being able to interact with a human being.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Details of the sick crimes can be found here..

www.crimelibrary.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I would like to pass comment, but I fear that it would violate ATS T&C, so I won't.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Karla committed some horendous crimes, which she and her lovely husband caught on video to preserve the memories. Not only is she responsible for Leslie Mahaffey, Kristin French and her own sisters death, but they have video evidence of two other rape victims, known as 'Jane and Stef Doe' which she will never be charged with, due to her plea and length of time passed.

And now she is dating another convicted murderer, Jean-Paul Gerbet. Battered wife, my butt.

This is where my conservative side comes out.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
the crimes are sick and disgusting, however she served her sentence. Society is as sick as she is. More and more we are like krubick's A Clockwork Orange

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
How can you compare society to her? How is society that sick? Do you know what she did?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
She should have gotten the death penalty. Yeah I know there is none in Canada, but there should be for cases just like this one.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Serving your sentance puts you right in the eyes of the law. It does not necessarily mean you're right in the eyes of the population. Can you honestly say that, if you were hiring for your daycare facility and she submitted a resume, you would hire her because she's already paid her debt to society?

You reap what you sow. Your actions today could adversley affect the rest of your life, especially if you're busy kidnapping, torturing, raping and killing little girls. The law may say you're clear, and even have special laws in place to allow you to move on with your life. However, the fact is, you were, at least at one point, capable of doing such an act, and the potential could still be there. The law says innocent until proven guilty, but human nature is contrary to that. As of yet, the US doesn't have thought police ensuring our minds are in accordance with our judicial system's.

She wants her life back now that she's out of jail, and wants to be left alone. I'm sure the little girls she helped to kill would have felt the same way.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
How can you say that? Yes she was guilty but the courts should have given her a harsher sentence if they felt that she was that dangerous. I know what she did but i know that it was society that gave her that sentence. The same can be said for those who are wrongfully accused. You are never allowed to be treated the same. We are innocent until proven guilty and once you are proven guilty and serve your sentence you should be allowed back. Yes you have probhation but still. If she is so bad then you should have put her away for longer.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The deal the Crown made with her should have been contingent on her telling the truth. The minute they found those video tapes, all bets should have been off.

The only solace I feel here is knowing that unless she gets plastic surgery and changes her name, she will never know a moment's peace in Canada. She must be the most hated woman in the country. Plus she lived the high life at the taxpayer's expense - including an university education! Damn her!

Don't know how you guys feel, but to me, she is more guilty than that creep of a husband Paul Bernardo - he raped those women which is horrid enough...but murder only came into the picture after they got hitched! At the very least she should have remained in prison for life like him.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Murder is worse than rape? Good god, at least when you die your pain ends. Rapist continue to live in fear that they will be hurt again. Just look at the prison system: The two most hated people in prison are rapist and child molesters. Their crimes are worse because the pain lives on with the victim after the crime. She served her sentence, leave her alone. That's the way the Canadian system is set up. Leave her alone and go on with your lives. However, forgive but do not forget. I am not saying let the woman be your baby sitter, just let her live her life.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Forgive but never forget? How could anyone forgive her for what she did? I'm sorry but 15 years in jail does in no way make up for the crimes she commited.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
She may have served her time for murder, but there are at least two rapes on video that she has never, and most likely will never be charged with. She lied to prosecutors, they know she lied to them, and yet they went through with the deal. :shk:

I also think that Ken Murray should be sitting in jail for withholding evidence.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
You can never repay someone for the loss of a life. It's that simple. No amount of time served can do that, if I remember correctly she helped lie to proctect the person? As far as I'm concerned they are both as guilty as one-another and they forfit their life once they murder another.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join