It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's Long-Range Bomber Force Ready For Pre-Emptive Strikes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Russia's long-range bomber force is apparently ready right now for pre-emptive strikes against "terrorist bases" outside of Russia. Are they going to bomb in Afghanistan or in Georgia soon? Somewhere else? And what is this talk about the cold war not being over?

Interfax: Air force ready to hit terror bases abroad - commander

Jun 25 2005

Russia's long-range bomber force is ready to eliminate terrorist bases, including those outside the country, said Russian air force commander Gen. Vladimir Mikhailov.

"In addition to fighting terrorists, we should be capable of performing the duties that have been characteristic of the long-range aviation from the moment of its creation," Mikhailov said.

"Yes, the Cold War was ended on our part. We are very peacefully disposed. But as regards the Americans, if you consider what they are producing and planning and what they are being armed with now, you'll see that this so-called Cold War has not been stopped on their side," Mikhailov said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

RIA Novosti: Russia concerned over terrorist training camps in Afghanistan

June 23 2005

Russia is seriously concerned over terrorist bases in Afghanistan, President Vladimir Putin said Thursday.

"We are seriously concerned that terrorist training bases are still operating on Afghan territory, including with the immediate participation of certain secret services," Putin said after a session of the Collective Security Treaty Organization, which includes Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Armenia.

www.suchoj.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">

News.com.au: Russia ready to hit terrorist bases

June 25, 2005

RUSSIA is prepared to use warplanes to destroy terrorist bases abroad, Air Force commander Vladimir Mikhailov was quoted as saying today.

"As for terrorists and our fighter jets, if we have high-precision weapons and know the whereabouts of a terrorist gang, why not smash it, even if it's outside Russia?"

Mikhailov, on a visit to the Volga region town of Engels, said Russia's need to strike terrorist bases abroad was linked to aspects of US foreign policy, but he did not go into details.

Russia threatened pre-emptive strikes on rebel bases anywhere in the world after Chechen separatists took a school hostage in the town of Beslan in September 2004.

Moscow has not specified where it thought these bases were, but has repeatedly accused Georgia of allowing Chechen rebels to operate from the Pankisi Gorge which borders Chechnya.

www.suchoj.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">

Btw, this plane is not a TU-104, but a TU-160...

Related News Sources:
BBC: Russia tests its heavy bombers
BBC: US-Russia split over Iraq
BakuTODAY.net: Russian military withdrawal plan to Armenia angers Azerbaijan

Related ATS Threads:
Tiraspol - Moldova - Mafia in Uniform
Did the Americans sink the Kursk?
Russian Nuclear Submarine Fires Ballistic Missile
Gigantic Oil Pipeline From Caspian Sea Opened Today
Russia Preparing for Nuclear Attacks on U.S, Britain
United States v.s. Russia?
China & Russia announce partnership
WAR: Russia backs Iran in nuclear row
Russia and China to Team Up Against U.S., Europe
NEWS: Report: Russia and China to practice 'Invasion of Taiwan'.
NEWS: Russia, Iran Sign Nuclear Deal
Russia, China Confirm Plans for Joint Military Exercises in 2005
New Axis (Russia-China-India)
Russia added to the Axis of Evil
NEWS: China and Russia to Conduct Joint Military Exercises
Russia To Acquire New 'Exclusive' Nukes, Putin.
Hypersonic Russian ICBM tested!!

[edit on 2006/4/28 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
probably afghanistan and caucasus.. hell yeltsin bombed afghanistan

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Will this be done in conjunction with the Americans or will this be another World Power using the "Bush Doctrine"?

If the Americans aren;t kept in the loop, will this have the potential to cause an "incident"?

Hmmmm......

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
americans are training chechen terrorists in afghanistan, maybe it has something to do with that?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Those two pics of aircraft looks like american B1's not russian aircraft...

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
Those two pics of aircraft looks like american B1's not russian aircraft...

You sir, are an idiot.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

You sir, are an idiot.

A bit harsh, but in the right direction.

They are Russian Bombers. Althought the similiarity to the US planes is probably to do with some espionage, but they are Russian.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Here is a B-1:

And here is a T-160

[edit on 25/6/05 by stumason]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I thought we've already bombed all the terrorist bases in Afghanistan to smithereens

I agree this could easilty cause a major incident if Russia starts bombing Afganistan while U.S. and other NATO forces are there and building their own bases.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
They mentioned Afghanistan and Pakistan as two places being ussed to train terrorists.

Mosnews

In Moscow on Friday, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said terrorists, “with the participation of former Taliban and participants of the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan,” were training in Afghanistan and Pakistan with the aim of “conducting terrorist attacks, including on the territory of the Russian Federation.”

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I thought we've already bombed all the terrorist bases in Afghanistan to smithereens

I agree this could easilty cause a major incident if Russia starts bombing Afganistan while U.S. and other NATO forces are there and building their own bases.

it's the other way, nato (us and nato is the same one thing) building bases increases hostilities.. and creates an offensive enviorment against russia, so it has every right to defend itself from american imperialist monsters.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bisonn
it's the other way, nato (us and nato is the same one thing) building bases increases hostilities.. and creates an offensive enviorment against russia, so it has every right to defend itself from american imperialist monsters.

NATO is a treaty organization consisting of an alliance of several countries, it's not one and the same with the U.S. After 9/11 NATO invoked Article V of the treaty recognizing a attack on one of its member states as an attack on all member states. The NATO/U.S. activitity in Afghanistan is to fight the terrorist organization that attacked us and help build a state there that will not allow this to happen again. It's no threat to Russia.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Even the title of this thread is connotationally loaded--every mobile force everywhere is ready for premptive strikes, or proactive strikes, or reactive strikes, or any other kind of strike. That's what military forces do, they strike things when commanded to do so.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
BTW, if you actually READ the good commanders words, he is speaking of Chechin rebels, not Taliban.

No wonder you guys think everything US related is evil, you only read those particular words you want to see. I can't imagine where the conspiracy theories come from....[/sarcasm]

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Army
BTW, if you actually READ the good commanders words, he is speaking of Chechin rebels, not Taliban.

No wonder you guys think everything US related is evil, you only read those particular words you want to see. I can't imagine where the conspiracy theories come from....[/sarcasm]

Hey genius, who do you think made and financed taliban with billions of dollars!?, my granda? maybe yours? here's a little hint:

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
There is no way that Russia would bomb Afghanistan without a green light from the US. And there is no way that the US would give Russia the green light to begin with.

As long as US forces are in Afghanistan, and as long as the regime there is an ally of our's, Russia won't dare enter it's airspace in an offensive manner.

The only nation that I can see Russia bombing in the immediate future (with the goal of taking out terrorist training camps) would be Georgia.

Now please don't launch a verbal tirade against me for having an opinion that you may think is wrong! And thanks to Hellmutt for putting that post together. I enjoy it when people put things together like this with graphics and supporting links. Great job!

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The BIGGEST problem that Russia is having right now is with Checnya(sp?). IF they were gonna hit camps anywhere it would probably be there.

And I agree with what was said a couple messages ago. ANY military force in the world is ready for preemptive strikes.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
So Russia has a "strike-force" sitting on the tarmac ready to defend the Motherland?

I wonder WTF took them so long.......

I thought they ALWAYS had a ready force of long range strike aircraft ready to take out ANY target that threatened Russia....I guess their srtike fleet fell on hard times.

After the horrible school Massacre last year, it dawned on me that the Russians were not prepared to go after targets beyond their borders.

Maximu§

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Hey genius, who do you think made and financed taliban with billions of dollars!?, my granda? maybe yours? here's a little hint:

Gee wilikers Wally, I didn't mean nuthin' by it! Don't tell Dad, will ya?

Thank you for proving my point, son! You win the "I Don't Know A Damn Thing About World History" award

*typed slowly for the reading/comprehension impaired*...

We financed and supplied arms to the Mujihadeen in their battle against an illegal by all world standards invasion of a neutral country, by the Soviet Union. That the Muj would later break down into warring factions and tribes which became the Taliban, was NONE of our doing, unforeseen, and out of our hands.

Again...just for you bisonn....The Russian Air Force Commander was speaking of CHECHIN rebels, not Afghani's.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   

You sir, are an idiot.

You sir, should consider re-reading the

site/forum rules.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join