It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ran into a cammo dude last night

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I went in the store to get water and a cammo dude was getting cigs. He was in line behind me. His face was desert weathered, maybe 50 years old.

I looked him up and down, smiled and said, "A cammo dude."

He said, "Yup."

I said, "You guys are famous."

He said, "Yup, too many years."

I didn't think it would be prudent questioning him in public.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
HAHA man thats sick. Do we have anyidea on how much those guys actually know? like maybe.... you could of konk him on in the head and then question him in your basement lol.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canada_EH
Do we have anyidea on how much those guys actually know?

The Camo dudes are contracted. So they know about as much as a mall security gaurd would... they see what goes on but they don't know why or who makes the calls. In the end, they are security guards with clearances.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
but they'd see the planes id think

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
i guess i must be missing something here..............

WHERE do you live? and what is the significance of a "cammo dude"???

angie

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
camo dudes are the hired security for the area 51 security. im not sure if its for the outer frindges of the base or if they also do some of the security on base too. I forget the name of the hired place but its very easy to find. just google it or actually spend sometime reading the articles here on ATS about area51

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I'd imagine most see planes, people comming and going, and anything big going on...

And no, they won't tell you any. These guys are pros.

The funny thing is that these guys get all these questions and are known, so they get trained to deal with that, while the rest of them just walk around and no one even blinks.

[edit on 10-6-2005 by Quest]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest

The funny thing is that these guys get all these questions and are known, so they get trained to deal with that, while the rest of us just walk around and no one even blinks.

What do u mean by that?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Lemme get this straight, you went to a store and the Cammo Dude was getting cigs behind you? That's awesome. I would've taken a picture with my camera phone and prayed that he didn't notice. Good story.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
what the heck is a 'cammo doode', besides just some guy that has poor taste in fashion?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The Cammo Dudes are private security guards that are stationed at Area 51. They're contracted and guard the outer border of the complex. At least that's the simplified version of what they are in a nutshell

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
what the heck is a 'cammo doode', besides just some guy that has poor taste in fashion?

SEE................NYgdan doesn't know either!!! i don't feel so bad now. i thought i'd read most of the threads on area 51 and didn't know about the cammo folks..........

guess i better go and reread.

angie

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

What do u mean by that?

I mean that these poor security guys get bugged all the time while the guy behind him in line in civi clothes is an engineer or higher ranking guy.

The people that work in most these bases live in the regular population, they just don't/can't talk about work.

The more you get out and meet people... especially people 30-60, the more you realise a lot of people work in bases and R&D facilities.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

dude, no frickin way!

(edit; removed stupid question)

[edit on 6/10/2005 by TheRanchMan]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
because he isn't allowed to answer his quesitons

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRanchMan

dude, no frickin way!
why didn't you try to ask him about Nellis?

Cause I'm kinda old fashioned that way, didn't wanna make the guy feel uncomfortable in public and all. He was just getting off work, buying smokes, heading home.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
They're EG&G Security, so they're just normal people like us except that they can see over the base.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I don't prefer the term "camo dood"

I prefer, "Camoflaged Man" or "Man in Camoflage"

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I like to call them Guards, or Area51 security.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
hate to start another thread about such a little thing.....so.......

NTS just requested Nye County deputy to check out the area of the junction at U.S. 95 and Tolicha Peak road.

A car and a black semi-rig with "lots of antenneas and gadgets" are parked off the road, according to radio traffic.

I won't be able to hear what the deputy says when he gets on scene.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join