It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you've probably seen this but

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
THE TIME TRAVEL TALE OF JOHN TITOR

Although there is debate over the exact date it started, on November 02, 2000, a person calling themselves Timetravel_0, and later John Titor, started posting on a public forum that he was a time traveler from the year 2036.

check it out if you haven't johntitor.com...

[Edited on 8-8-2003 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This thread has been moved from Resources.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Oh, THAT guy!!!

Heavens... that's the biggest hoax around the net. I was surprised that anyone actually fell for this... but it may be that it was only obvious to computer geeks.

How do I know it's a hoax? Because I'm in computer hardware and software and have done chip level programming and CAN read a schematics. His original story was that Uinux was going to crash when its date program ran out and he was going back to get the old computer so they'd have working Linux in the future.

(Yes, yes...those of you who work with Unix can quit laughing now. He really DID say that.)

After DOS and Windows and all the computers failed to "melt down" with the Y2K scare, he changed his tactics.

...and his "science"... oy. Talk about BAD understanding of basic science.

Phew. I wonder if the person who put up this website was ol' John himself, trying to make his legend live.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
[Edited on 13-9-2003 by Undead]

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
is the world still revolving or evolving?

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
[Edited on 13-9-2003 by Undead]

PYX

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Gee, I hope this doesn't get ugly

Or, maybe I do!

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
How do I know it's a hoax? Because I'm in computer hardware and software and have done chip level programming and CAN read a schematics. His original story was that Uinux was going to crash when its date program ran out and he was going back to get the old computer so they'd have working Linux in the future.

(Yes, yes...those of you who work with Unix can quit laughing now. He really DID say that.)

After DOS and Windows and all the computers failed to "melt down" with the Y2K scare, he changed his tactics.

As mentioned above, he didn't say anything about the Y2K scare. He only mentioned a 2038 bug, which is real. He did, however, ask what major disaster had been prepared for, but never happened. I've yet to find anything that proves it to be a hoax. That in itself is fascinating, because I'm pretty sure I could blow any hoax in about 20 questions. Especially something as complicated as time travel. The guy would really have to have done his homework not to screw up somewhere.
I'll be curious to see if anyone can find anything to call his bluff with, if it is a hoax.

[Edited on 29-8-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 05:34 AM
link   
There was actually an abductee, who was supposedly abducted by some Nordics and they told him that there would be a World War in which half the poulation would die. Perhaps, John Titor was just a man with too much time on his hands.

Anyway, from what place would he access the internet? And how would he know how to use it?

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Pictures....

Bending Laser Light in the EM field

Apparently one of John's 'friends' had a video and posted it on the net but I'm still trying to find it.

The more look into this story the more interesting it gets. If this is a hoax the person who masterminded it is pretty clever and has been able to read modern events well. Many of the things he talks about is truth.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   
If it looks like bull#, and smells like bull#...

In 2036, I live in central Florida with my family and I'm currently
stationed at an Army base in Tampa.

Bull#. There is no Army base in Tampa, there is McDill Air Force Base. Sure, he's got a 33 year window, but do you seriously think there will be an Army base there as well? De je vous....I seem to remember a certain time traveller who recently came to our boards, hehe....
That was good for a few laughs....

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrEisenhower
Anyway, from what place would he access the internet? And how would he know how to use it?

You didn't read very much of this. He said he stayed with his parents. He stated that the Inet did exist in 2036, and so did computers.

Gazrok, I agree. It smells like BS, but I have to admit, I'm fascinated with the hoax, since he left no proof that it was a hoax. How would you know if there's an Army base in Tampa in 2036???

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well...If this is true, the world wont end for a while.The world is extremly corupted now, Think about what it will be like in 2036.That is,if it's true.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Has no one read any of this?! There was a war because of the corruption. According to his story, that was the reason for the civil war. They, since then, reworked the constitution, have 5 presidents, ten parties, and the gov't is no longer centralized. I don't give it much merit, but I do hope there is a civil war. We need one.

PYX

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Satyr, people normally don't want to get involved with this case, other than to say that it is an "obvious" hoax and to laugh at people who are really intruiged by it.

[Edited on 8-9-2003 by PYX]

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Yeah. I just thought maybe some people here might be a bit more open minded, but I guess they're the same as anywhere else. While I am a major skeptic, I won't shoot anything down until I first put it through the ringer and examine it completely.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Hey I'm open minded about what John T. said too..lol. You guys are not alone. I am skeptical, but the stuff John says seems very much like the direction we are heading. Kind of scary huh? The civil war scenario seems very possible with the events that are unfolding now, but the Russia hurling nukes at US cities in 2015 seems kinda more far fetched. I mean why so much death and destruction all in one dose? One thing that gets me about time travellers and prophets is that the future never seems to have anything GOOD in it, everything is always bad, bloodshed, and the worst wars ever. It'd be nice to hear we're heading for a Golden age for once...lol

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 03:39 AM
link   
With all the smart people her, i'm sure if we put our heads together we could come up with something like this if not better. Where/when would you go first?

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr

Originally posted by MrEisenhower

You didn't read very much of this. He said he stayed with his parents. He stated that the Inet did exist in 2036, and so did computers.

Gazrok, I agree. It smells like BS, but I have to admit, I'm fascinated with the hoax, since he left no proof that it was a hoax. How would you know if there's an Army base in Tampa in 2036???

Actually after I posted that, I went back and read through all of the posts this person made, I really should read the whole thing before posting

Anyways, it just amazes me that he kept up the act for so long without any major holes appearing in his stories.

If any small rioting starts out next year, I'm heading for the hills

PYX

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
There are a lot of things that really bother me about this whole thing, though. Where did this guy go? Most people who would come up with a hoax like this, would come back a few months or maybe even a year later, to publicly laugh at the people who bought into the story, or to try to perpetuate the hoax to keep people going. Most people wouldn't be able to resist, would they? People who come up with hoaxes like this normally love the attention and the limelight, and get addicted to it. Think about Nancy Leider and her drawn out PX hoax. She's STILL going, changing dates and scenarios everytime a deadline she puts out passes. She can't let go of it, because she is addicted to the attention. She's been going on with this one for the better part of 10 years!

[Edited on 8-9-2003 by PYX]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join