It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING! 2005 ATS Council Election News: Valhall Withdraws, Announces Endorsements

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This just in...

A Letter to my Constituents

I want to express how humbled and honored I feel that some number of you nominated me to represent you in various capacities. Your show of confidence and faith that I would attempt to represent your needs in this fine community makes me almost as proud as I am of the 2004 TWATS you gave me.

Unfortunately, due to my wedded bliss with one of the board's staff members (I'm not saying which *
* ), there not only could be but would be the perception by some kind of conflict of interest. I have learned in my two years of membership here that for some of the community personal perception is what creates their reality - not facts. To avoid the drama that could ensue from this, I respectfully decline your nominations of me for the positions of ATSNN Council Member, ATS Disc Council Member and ATS L Council At Large Person and withdraw my name from the elections for those positions.

I would like to, at this time, formally endorse the following contenders in these three categories:

ATSNN Council Member - Nerdling

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well damn. I already voted for you. I guess it's too late to redo my picks....

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
OH NOES! ATS IS DOOMED!

Anyway, I suppose your mind is made up, but you'd be great for any position nominated for. You know my views.

Note: Anyone who says anything bad about Valhall has got another thing coming!

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Well damn. I already voted for you. I guess it's too late to redo my picks....

Remember that this is only the PRIMARIES!!!! Your vote will definately COUNT in the general election!

I also want to add that Val wanted to get this up as soon as she could but she was delayed by RW situations (she IS a Rocket Scientist after all - she really is)

m...

[edit on 5-25-2005 by Springer]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Oh thats crap, I already voted for you for ATSNN
Ah well, too bad.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I also want to add that Val wanted to get this up as soon as she could but she was delayed by RW situations (she IS a Rocket Scientist after all - she really is)

m...

[edit on 5-25-2005 by Springer]

she is!?!?!?

w0w...

another GREAT part of val...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yep, she used to work at NASA...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Her degree is Aerospace Engineer.
4.0 g.p.a. I might add too

Yep That's My Gal!

m...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yep That's My Gal!

m...

Wow. I had no idea. I thought she was an journalist or something due to the quality of her news stories. Wow, multitalented I'm in awe.(Always have been really)

[edit on 25-5-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yep That's My Gal!

m...

w0w...

thanks for the info. you two...

also, congratz Springer and val!!!

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Vall I voted for you allready to.........OOPS!!

I can understand your marital bliss taking a presidence in this case however.....

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I have been corrected, it was just shy of 4.0, banker's tend to round UP and I didn't realize that was inaccurate...
m...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I have been corrected, it was just shy of 4.0, banker's tend to round UP and I didn't realize that was inaccurate...
m...

thats still GREAT...

keep up the good work val...

and springer

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
All In The Family

Personally, I don't see why Valhall should disqualify herself for this reason.

In my opinion, she would do an excellent job regardless of who she's married to.

I'm still skeptical about this whole councilor business, but I'm not skeptical about Val.

Edit: But, um, why was this announcement posted from fretling's account?

[edit on 5/25/2005 by Majic]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Yeah, who is fretling? Strange. I looked back and saw it wasn't Valhall.

Anyways, already knew about her and Springer, so no big deal.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Best bit of politiking to date!

Withdraw and endorse

Just like real life. Gotta love it.

Later the I.O.U.s come due.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Valhall I still think you should of went for council person. You would of been a good candidate and the past is behind you, look towards the future. Thanks for mentioning me for DISC council person. ATS EX may be better for me.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Yeah, who is fretling? Strange. I looked back and saw it wasn't Valhall.

fretling is my daughter

Best bit of politiking to date!
Withdraw and endorse

Just like real life. Gotta love it.

Later the I.O.U.s come due.

JoeDoaks thank you for not only stepping up to be the epitome of the tripe, petty, paranoic mind I was referring to...but for finally completing the set now known as "my ignore list is full!"

Valhall I still think you should of went for council person. You would of been a good candidate and the past is behind you, look towards the future. Thanks for mentioning me for DISC council person. ATS EX may be better for me.

Y...you'll do wonderful in either. As JoeDoink has pointed out - it's not a matter of the past. It swirls like a turd in the toilet bowl as we speak.

VOTE Y FOR ANYTHING!

Oh - and by the way - I've already got my pocket-sized dinosaur
READ 'EM AND WEEP!

*Yes, that is a pic taken by me of a horny toad in my own yard, and yes, that is my hand holding my li'l pocket-sized dino!*

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful - hate me because I have a dinosaur!

I'm off to campaign! Y for congress, nerdling for Senate, parrhesia for everything and Lysergic for the ninja that is in us all!

w00t!

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
That's too cute. What's dino's name?
Oh huni for the record the only ones whom would ever hate you would be the no so intelligent folks that simply do not understand beautifull minds

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
A Case In Point

Originally posted by Valhall
fretling is my daughter

If she was nominated, would you expect her to withdraw?

Look, for the record, I'm pretty jaded about this whole "politics on ATS" hullabaloo.

However, if you are willing to do the job, and family ties are truly the reason for your withdrawal, I think you should reconsider.

Heck, I'm not withdrawing, even though I wonder if I'm being a hypocrite for not doing so.

If the members of ATS elect you, and you're willing and able to do the job, I think you should consider doing it.

Whatever your decision may be, I respect it, but I don't think marital ties are a good enough reason to disqualify you.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join