It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Brazilian Government Discloses UFO Files

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The government of Brazil has become one of the very few in the world to officially acknowledge and discuss the UFO phenomenon with private UFO researchers in that country. In a May 20, 2005 meeting with brazilian UFOlogists government officials from the Brazilian Air Force (FAB) discussed openly several cases related to UFO activity in that south american country dating from 1957, 1977, and 1986.

www.unknowncountry.com
Friday, May 20, was a historic day for Ufology in Brazil and in the world as the Brazilian Air Force (FAB), for the very first time in its history, officially receives a committee of top UFO researchers to openly discuss sightings in the country and fully exam classified UFO documents in several military facilities in Brasilia, the Federal Capital.

By doing this very important step, Brazilian Air Force (FAB) has placed Brazil in a very short list of countries whose militaries acknowledge the Ufology as a serious activity and significative effort to fully understand the nature and origin of UFOs. “We want to have all info on the subject, that is withheld by us for some decades, fully released to public, through the UFO community”, declared brigadier Telles Ribeiro, chief of Brazilian Air Force Communication Center.

The Brazilian Government, through the Brazilian Air Force, has finally decided to come forward and recognize the UFO research as a genuine activity as a direct result of the intense pressure made by the campaign UFOs: Freedom of Information Now, a movement started by the Brazilian UFO Magazine in April 2004. The campaign was launched by the Brazilian Committee of UFO Researchers (CBU), composed of 6 UFO civilian researchers: Claudeir Covo, Marco Petit, Rafael Cury, Reginaldo de Athayde, Fernando Ramalho and A. J. Gevaerd (Athayde was sick an replaced by new interim member veteran UFO researcher Roberto Affonso Back)

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Ignorance of this development by the mainstream media in america serves to reinforce the long held notion by some that the US Government does a great job of controlling the so called 'free press' in the United States.

This should serve as an example of how tenacious 'grass roots' efforts by small organizations can and do pay off.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Disclosure in Brazil

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It would be nice if this could set an example for my Government as well as others who with hold the truth.

This is good news though, Im just jealous that my government wont do it too

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Wow this surely is interesting news... Does anybody have any links that might tell what happened at this meeting? Details I want Details!!! lol just kidding it would be nice however. We can pretty much forget the US or England doing anything similar.. Neither government can tell the truth about anything let alone UFO's.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Interesting
. But it seems that if this were true and had any real evidence that it would be all over the media, if in fact it is undeniable proof.
But it's not.

I hope it is true. I know they exist, I just want undeniable for myself...so I will for sure.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It seems whenever I go over older UFO sightings ten-twenty years back I see the commonality between aircraft of today. Remember when the big thing about UFO sightings was the denial given to pilots that "there's nothing showing on radar"?

Coincided very closely to the first Stealth aircraft experiments.

I fear that UFO stories are concocted and promoted as simply another layer in the security onion. People dig just far enough until they see the word "extraterrestrial", and stop right there. Like the truism" You always find things in the last place you look".

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If this was a credible report, it would be in the news. It's a sad day when a story without any credible source gets voted up in ATSNN.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Coast to coast had a great story on that last night...
apparently all of Brazil is excited to see the results of the The Varginha affair (1996) information release...
for those that are not familiar: it is the Brazilian Roswell... and NORAD told them exactly where the damamged "ship" was to land.
I am looking forward to this great boon of information...

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I remember seeing some footage from a Brazillian confrence on UFO's that the Russian government released there. It showed their mission control team tracking a high speed unidentified object that eventually came into video view from the satellite that they were working on. It was a bright blob that came close to the satellite and flew away at high speed.

You could see the blip on a big world map with its trajectory highlighted and all the dials were in Russian.

It seems Brazil is THE UFO conference hot spot.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Here is another source to back up its a brazilian site though it is in Portuguese ufo.com.br... however you can translate the front page with this site here. Might be a subscription service. Need to find global news sources?? Check out www.onlinenewspapers.com... to search news sites by continent and country.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
If this was a credible report, it would be in the news.

Dr. Greer's 2001 press conference (held at the National Press Club, no less) received about 0.01% press coverage in the US. There were three published articles. (So much for the Smoking Gun. hehe)

Are we to believe the press conference never ocurred, because it didn't spew from the newsreaders mouths, or roll across the AP wire?

Let us not be lured into believing that because the 'Free Press' in the U.S. does not consider the subject newsworthy that the credulity of such news events is in some way lessened.

These types of events are niether inconsequential nor are they incongruous of the phenomonology of the UFO/ET enigma.

Let us not be so arrogant as to believe that the United States would be at the forefront of disclosure on this subject, being the 'beacon of light' that she is.

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
It's a sad day when a story without any credible source gets voted up in ATSNN.

Well excuse me Mr. Philpott, I didn't mean to step on your expert toes, Sir.

However,

I do believe it is the wish of the ATS creator to promote such news events.

It will be a 'sad day' indeed, as you most eloquently put it, when ATS lacks such stories and controversies. It will be the day that ATS deminishes into the mundane role as another mouthpiece of the AP et al.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This is wild news, this is. I'd really like to just sit a while and wait to see how it develops over the next few weeks.

I'm hoping it has some sort of domino effect. Best way to figure out the truth, IMO.

Play nice, boys.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I think it's great that they are going to form a committee to study and release classified documents, but Brazil wasn't the first. The French had a similar study called the COMETA REPORT. This report was put together by French scientists and military personnel, and was given to other members of the government, even President Jacques Chirac. It was a called "UFOs and Defense: What must we be prepared for?". I believe they were the first government to acknowledge the existence of UFO's. Later, it was released to the public in 1999.

Guess how much media coverage it got here in the States? None, in fact several papers refused to publish one reporter’s article on the report. Can’t remember her name.

If this is a domino effect, it's going pretty slow, but progress is being made.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The U.S. should do this, those Area 51 scientists prevent it though. Good job for the Brazilian government on recognizing that there is something behind the lights in the sky.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I am hoping,
but i will REALLY be surprised if the brazilian government releases ALL the information and evidence they have.

If they do, then we will all be seeing a real live (or possibly dead) alien/s soon...
as well as the ship they used to get here.

according to the Brazilian UFO community, there have been a few "Roswells" that Brazil has covered up in the past...
so this might be good.

Of course, they will probably stage information releases, so as to prevent panic as much as possible....
but if they begin, then they will have to end with full disclosure, or a very good reason why not...

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
Of course, they will probably stage information releases, so as to prevent panic as much as possible....
but if they begin, then they will have to end with full disclosure, or a very good reason why not...

This is the thing about disclosure. Once you start, it opens the floodgates. It would be hard to put the genie back in the bottle. I think this is the probably the biggest hurdle to get over. If the US would disclose even a little, and it hit mainstream media, people would start demanding everything be released. New studies would have to be done, access to documents and crash debris. It would be endless.

But I don’t think they can keep us in the dark forever.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Ignorance of this development by the mainstream media in america serves to reinforce the long held notion by some that the US Government does a great job of controlling the so called 'free press' in the United States

How is it controlling hte press? Who cares if Brazil is taking a more open policy with its UFO studies? They're not saying 'ufos are ETs' or "UFOs are advanced tech' or anything.

The brazilian government is just making its own studies of the social phenomenon more available to the public. This isn't "Disclosure".

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

How is it controlling hte press? Who cares if Brazil is taking a more open policy with its UFO studies? They're not saying 'ufos are ETs' or "UFOs are advanced tech' or anything.

The brazilian government is just making its own studies of the social phenomenon more available to the public. This isn't "Disclosure".

If i understood the story correctly, they are doing exactly that...
bending to public pressure to release info regarding the many "roswells" that have taken place in Brazil...
if they truly do this, then we get to see the bodies (eventually)...
for now, they are only admitting knowledge of them, and the reports that have been made by military officials (some witnesses, and some just investigators)

Apparently according to the latest info release, The UFO group Investigators requested all documents on three distinct cases. The brazilan Airforce gave them the info...
from this info so far, we can gather the following:
the brazilian air force has confirmed the presence of UFO'S, with the best guess that there is nothing of this earth that could explain them.
The chase planes were put to shame and hopelessly outrun and outmanuevered... there is supposidly video from these planes (but will we ever see it?)
that is all they have releases so far...

and can anyone explain why no one has bothered to translate the main iUFO group site?
it is still in portugese only...

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
2 things come to mind here, and I agree with some previous posters that -

1. You can say "Okay, honey, I'm going to come clean and tell you the truth about that woman... We made out but never had sex."

Just because you say you're being honest and open doesn't make you honest and open.

Or, maybe they can honestly say that nothing they have investigated is otherworldly and nobody will believe them because they want to believe in aliens so badly.

2. They haven't said squat yet. All they said is that they're going to be open about it. There's little more to talk about until they produce a new statement.

Zip

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Ignorance of this development by the mainstream media in america serves to reinforce the long held notion by some that the US Government does a great job of controlling the so called 'free press' in the United States.

The only ignorance is to blame the government for controlling the main stream media. I can tell you first hand this is not something the main stream media would be interested in right away. Unless something Big comes out of this they are not going to report squat about it.

[edit on 24-5-2005 by iksmodnad]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Don't blame the reporters or news editors for that. Blame the public! Imagine the reaction to the following:

"And coming up next here on Eyewitness News, AREA 51. What is going on here that the government doesn't want you to know about?"

*CLICK -- SEEN IT.*

Zip

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join