It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a conspiracist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Please help me with a paper I'm writing by taking a moment to consider the following statements and respond, 1-10, with "0" being all false and “10” being all true:

1. The war on terrorism is a subterfuge aimed at promoting public acceptance of an American takeover of the middle east. (True) (False)
2. JFK was murdered as part of a conspiracy involving people at the highest level of the American government. (True) (False)
3. Scientific and technical advances of the last 40 years have been driven in large part by reverse engineering based on alien devices. (True) (False)
4. NASA never landed men on the moon. (True) (False)
5. The American government operates secret hypersonic aircraft such as Aurora and Tier 3. (True) (False)
6. Bigfoot is for real. (True) (False)
7. AIDS was developed as a weapon by the American government. (True) (False)
8. A secret society directs the policies of world governments. (True) (False)
9. An ancient society much farther advanced than ours once existed on earth. (True) (False)
10. The Holocaust of 6 million Jews by Nazis never took place. (True) (False)

Thank you, your contribution is much appreciated!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I guess here's my answers:

1. 0
2. 4
3. 2
4. 0
5. 5
6. 5
7. 0
8. 6
9. 0
10. 0

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realist05
Please help me..........

Why have we only 2 options [true or false]? Maybe a[ don't know ]will be another option.
A TRUTH IS ONLY WHAT I HAVE PERSONALY EXPERIENCED - and therefore it is a truth to me and anything else is a BELIEF -

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Sorry, pooly posted on my part. What I want to get at is if people think there is any truth in any for the above statements, to what degree belief in one theory (or hidden reality) effects opinion on others.

0 to 10 is an adaquate answer.

Thanks again.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Heres my answers:

1. 0
2. 3
3. 0
4. 0
5. 10
6. 8
7. 0
8. 0
9. 10
10. 0

Yeah.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Please help me with a paper I'm writing by taking a moment to consider the following statements and respond, 1-10, with "0" being all false and “10” being all true:

1. 3
2. 0
3. 0
4. 0
5. 5
6. 2
7. 1
8. 1
9. 0
10. 0

My pleasure

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
1. 5
2. 2
3. 0
4. 0
5. 5
6. 3
7. 0
8. 2
9. 0
10. 0

Your welcome

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
1. The war on terrorism is a subterfuge aimed at promoting public acceptance of an American takeover of the middle east. 0
2. JFK was murdered as part of a conspiracy involving people at the highest level of the American government. 0
3. Scientific and technical advances of the last 40 years have been driven in large part by reverse engineering based on alien devices. 0
4. NASA never landed men on the moon. 0
5. The American government operates secret hypersonic aircraft such as Aurora and Tier 3. 9
6. Bigfoot is for real. 0
7. AIDS was developed as a weapon by the American government. 0
8. A secret society directs the policies of world governments. 0
9. An ancient society much farther advanced than ours once existed on earth. 0
10. The Holocaust of 6 million Jews by Nazis never took place. 0

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Hi, I will do my best, however, most of it I don't know for sure, so it will be mostly speculation. My opinions formed either on my own, or from reading the same thing from many different sources.

First though, I would like to point out the fact that a "Conspiracist" is one who actually participates in a conspiracy. In other words, the Conspiracist is actually involved in either the planning and/or the carrying out of a secret mission, then they I guess usually have some sort of a pact that they never tell the public, who is scrambling around trying to get to the bottom of it.

(I don't know what reason you are writing the paper for, so I don't know how much accuracy counts. Please don't think I am putting you down in any way. The two words are easy to mix up.)

A "Conspiracy Theorist", is more like people like us. We see strange and often unexplainable events occuring around us that we can't make sense of. So, we are more likely to cry "Conspiracy!" Because there seems to be no other explanation.

O.K. My answers to the best I can answer - remember, they are only my opinions and theories:

1. The war on terrorism is a subterfuge aimed at promoting public acceptance of an American takeover of the middle east.
2. JFK was murdered as part of a conspiracy involving people at the highest level of the American government.
3. Scientific and technical advances of the last 40 years have been driven in large part by reverse engineering based on alien devices.
4. NASA never landed men on the moon.
5. The American government operates secret hypersonic aircraft such as Aurora and Tier
6. Bigfoot is for real.
7. AIDS was developed as a weapon by the American government.
8. A secret society directs the policies of world governments.
9.An ancient society much farther advanced than ours once existed on earth.
10. The Holocaust of 6 million Jews by Nazis never took place.

1) = 8
2) = 9
3) = 2
4) = 8
5) = 9
6) = 1
7) = 9
8) = 6
9) = 9
10) = 0

Hope you can blend it with some of the answers of others and come up with something you can use.

(edit for spelling)

[edit on 5/13/2005 by CyberKat]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Is there a difference between a conspiracy and a cover up. If so what is it?
For instance I tend to believe more in cover ups then conspiracies. most leaders are too inept to keep the pot holes in the roads filled in. The idea that they're out to brainwash people, or rig the economy seems a bit much. Huamn nature tends to be more hindsightde than foresighted.

So the usual way is for some one to get into trouble, by cutting corners, or being shoddy, and then organize a 'cover up'. That is a sort of conspiracy.

For instance the 'so called' Kennedy assignation conspiracy. I am more likely to believe that there was some shoddy security, then that there was an actual plot to get rid of JFK. Naturally after the event, a smoke screen started to go up. Probably to cover up the un preparedness of law enforcement agencies assigned to protect the pres, then any malicious design.

The same probably held true of Marylin Monroe. The Kennedy's, and their people, began sniffing around her apartment after the suicide, to try and clean up any info the bros may have left around, or any notes that MM may have kept. The idea that she was bumped off seems far fetched.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by GrandCourtJester]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Cyberkat, I always thought taht someone who believed in conspiracies was a "conspiracist"; someone who engaged in them was a "conspirator".

Unfortunately, I haven't seen an online dictionary that even has the word 'conspriacist'.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Cyberkat, I always thought taht someone who believed in conspiracies was a "conspiracist"; someone who engaged in them was a "conspirator".

I would agree with these definitions.

I think "conspiracist" must be a compound word meaning "conspiracy theorist"

[edit on 5/13/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
my 2 cents for what it's worth

1. 5
2. 8
3. 3
4. 3
5. 9
6. 2
7. 8
8. 9
9. 0
10. 0

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I've always considered myself an open-minded skeptic. Looking at my answers on screen, maybe I'm more skeptical than I thought.

You're welcome

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
1.)8
2.)2
3.)0
4.)2
5.)4
6.)0
7.)10
8.)7
9.)9
10.)0

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realist05

1. 0
2. 0
3. 0
4. 2
5. 5
6. 2
7. 0
8. 0
9. 3
10. 0

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
other, more important conspiracies have been left of that list which i dont understand, like 9/11, Bohemian grove, New world order, bilderbergs, UFOs, Rosewell, etc, etc

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
1.) 0
2.) 10
3.) 5
4.) 0
5.) 5
6.) 0
7.) 0
8.) 5
9.) 0
10.) 0

For other missing topics:
Are we being visited by aliens? 8
Is the government covering up the existence of extraterrestrials? 8

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Are you someone under or using another handle? Sorry to make this brief but even having done so seems your style is of another here on ATS -Yes?

Dallas

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join