It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Land of the Lost and the Hollow Earth coincidence or indoctrination?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Well, I have been reading up on the Hollow Earth theory which I think is just wonderfully imaginative in a good way, and just the other day it hit me that the show from late 70's early 80's Land of the Lost had a family that got trapped in a prehistoric subterranean area in the Earth!!! AND there werre REPTILIANS in the show!!! SLEEEEESTAKSSSSSSS!!!! And remember the Pylons with the crystals?!? Alien technology!!! I just got a kick making that connection!! I wonder who is responsible for getting kiddies to sit and watch Hollow earth theory and reptilians and alien technology in the 70's? the world may never know.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Blame it on Edgar Rice Burroughs, who created Tarzan. It was a riff on his popular books about Pellucidar, the land at the center of the Earth. They were delightful reading, but clearly works of the imagination and not based on anything.

Lots and lots of neat dinos and pterodactyls, though, and gigantic prehistoric beasties. Probably one of my favorite pulp fiction writers.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Thank you for the background. I didnt know that. I used to watch it because i thought it was neat how they got trapped inside the earth with prehistoric beasts , the weird pylons that could control the weather and fly around and of course Holly...Ahem...yes it was a good show. Chaka was annoying though...little hairy monkey boy...I really thought the sleestaks were cool too. I liked how they went and talked to the sleestak elders(?) The ones who were just heads sitting around in the sleestak cave. Crazy stuff for little kids to watch. Anyhow I really never new there was all this info about the hollow earth that people in the present day really believe. I would think it was awesome if the theory was true but I remain open mindedly skeptical...The info is compelling. People (scientists, intellectual know it alls etc..) write off theories that dont jive with their belief system outright without taking the time to thoroughly examine evidence. I think that bothers me most. It is a shame that science gets so full of itself that it will just classify such theories as loony bin material. I hope that there are holes at the poles just to see the look on their faces. sigh.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Yeah, that is an interesting parallel. I used to love that show as a kid.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Scientists of the past used to kill people or burn them if teaching something not scientifical, as Earth is round in shape or not in the center of the universe, these days they just tell you are stupid or ignorant, and let you live, things have improved a lot.
If I write a book about Earth not being hollow is that science fiction too, it is easier this way.

It seems that people were having rather impressive imagination. And a lot of them same imaginings, too.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I read a great book(fiction) called abduction: by Robin Cook, and it involves early humans who were more evolved than us, they went under when 'top earth man' was still ape-like. Had all the stuff you see in the other hollow earth threads: time traval capabilities, the ufo's we see are them and far superior technology.

I never knew people actually believed this until I saw it on ATS though. This book came out in 2000 I believe, i'd recommend reading it, if you interested in hollow earth stuff.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The Lost World and other hollow earth stories were derived from the writings of Monsier Jules Verne with his "Journey to the Center of The Earth" Linky!

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Wait if the earth was hollow couldn't an earthquake split the Earth in half and we would all DIE

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
what about adm byrd or was it forestall,who claimes to have flown to the center of the earth.and how he met the inhabitants and was given a message to deliver to the leaders of the world.and his stange death.well i guess im gonna have to look and find out which one it was,but both of them had very colorful stories about them.i mean you dont get to be a adm in the navy if you are a wacko,or nut case.
and yes i remeber that show, living in the land of the lost, man that was a good show

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
what about adm byrd or was it forestall,who claimes to have flown to the center of the earth.and how he met the inhabitants and was given a message to deliver to the leaders of the world.

Neither, actually.

Although there is purportedly a "diary of Admiral Bryd" which consists of about 8 entries, one of which is "a message to the outer world." Someone on another thread pointed out that the evidence is fairly strong that this document is a hoax. It first gets mentioned in the mid 1960's (Byrd died several years earlier) and is not entirely consistent with his writing style in other diaries and writing he left behind. It's particularly suspicious given all the positive Nazi references in the "diary."

But more than that, the "secret flight" took place at a time when it was WELL documented he was on the other side of the world, participating in military exercises where he was seen and written about:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So the story is apparently a hoax.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Byrd]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MankoW
Scientists of the past used to kill people or burn them if teaching something not scientifical, as Earth is round in shape or not in the center of the universe, these days they just tell you are stupid or ignorant, and let you live, things have improved a lot.
If I write a book about Earth not being hollow is that science fiction too, it is easier this way.

It seems that people were having rather impressive imagination. And a lot of them same imaginings, too.

I won't comment on the stupid "hollow Earth" hypothesis, but this post by MankoW should be considered to be solid evidence that the Land of the Lost is a reality.

MankoW's probably got an address there.

Harte

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MankoW

Hans: I believe you will find that those people were not scientists but religious people - some with knowledge of natural science but its a bit of stretch to say they are 'scientists'.

Hans: You may wish to review gravity effects on large bodies and the stresses that would occur in a "hollow" earth. A review of the hollow earth concepts are nicely debunked in layman's terms in wikipedia

Wiki

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
haha, "hollow earth"? And how would a "hollow earth" generate a magnetosphere, without our nickel iron core?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by frankensence

Details, details! sometimes the fringe will refer to the electric universe theory to somehow account for this but I've never seen anything coherent to explain this rather large contra-indicator.

top topics

join