It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars UFO Found? (from ATSNN)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This is of special interest to me, as about 4 years ago, there were pictures of mars online that had bushes, plants, etc, and it was said to be from terraforming of mars for eventual habitation..They have long since been removed, but nonetheless it was imo a distinct possibility.

www.coasttocoastam.com

Thank you for your attention to this photograph (enlargement first, original image below it). There are dozens and dozens of photos with UFOs too far away to see detail at the NASA website. I turned the brightness and contrast all the way up on my monitor, and my jaw hit the ground. Then I zoomed in and my eyes fell out of my head. I see two possibilities. Either this object is what it appears to be and it appears to be a solid object in the sky on Mars, or someone at NASA is playing some sort of a joke.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Perhaps NASA is playing a joke on us, would not be the first time.If this is a real image, then maybe they do not want us on the Moon or Mars?
Being a conspiracy theorist, I will not dismiss any potential evidence.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Isn't this old news? Besides, what indicates that it's a disc? Could as well be dirt or meteor or any number of other things.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Could it be one of Mars two moons, Phobos or Deimos?

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
UFO?

Sure, only because the identity is unknown.

Could easily be another craft or meteor leaving a trail

Unexplainable . net

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I found an interesting MOC image which to me shows something very out of place. Have a look and tell me what you think!

ida.wr.usgs.gov...

Just scroll down on the expanded view and you should see what I am talking about.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Servant
I found an interesting MOC image which to me shows something very out of place. Have a look and tell me what you think!

ida.wr.usgs.gov...

Just scroll down on the expanded view and you should see what I am talking about.

What are we supposed to be looking at on that pic?

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I see another face on mars!

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I think meteor trails are not black in color.

This looks more to a cigar-shaped mothership than a disc to me.

[edit on 15/4/2005 by Musclor]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar

What are we supposed to be looking at on that pic?

I think this is it. Pic enlarged, brightened and rotated. Looks very much like a machine to me, possibly even digging a tunnel since the 'crater' it's in doesn't seem natural either...

edit/ replaced pic

[edit on 4/15/2005 by mythatsabigprobe]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It looks like a crushed pop can!

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'd like to see something there, but it really doesn't look like too much to me. The photo resolution isn't that great for that zoom level; and being in black and white it's almost impossible to tell whether it's a different color than anything else in the picture. I do agree that it does look like a crushed can though...Giant alien litter bugs?

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I've seen quite a bit of these I-shaped UFO's around.

I wonder if it could be something in the developing process? A piece of something on the lens that doesn't let the film expose and leaves a trace.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Ok, here's the shape outlined for those that think it's a soda can.

Also, you can see what looks to be large boulders at the base of the cliff, as if they've been ejected behind the 'thing'. It not only looks like a machine to me, it looks just like the kind of machine we'd design ourselves to dig a tunnel.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The outlines do put it into a new perspective. However, it's hard to say that it's a machine without another photo of the area to compare with (anyone know where to look?). It might be a natural formation of some kind, or it might be a structure of some kind. I don't know if I'd go so far as to say it's a machine right now though.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
You can find the full film strip here. ida.wr.usgs.gov...

The rocky area it's in is unusual for the surrounding terrain. A good place to mine stuff.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Tunneling / Mining machine (note the tracks and the chutes out the back)

ATS article on nuclear tunneling machines planned for the moon.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I dont know how much this'll help you guys but I ran the image through a few channel filters to see what'd happen, doesn't look like anything to me but maybe you'll see something I missed.

Original Image

Negative Image

2500k Illumination

Yellow Cyan and Magenta Channel (all the same seeing as the original was B&W)

Black Channel

With Minimal Fade Correction

*edit: I cocked up the links, fixed now*

[edit on 15/4/05 by Creative_Seeker]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creative_Seeker
, doesn't look like anything to me but maybe you'll see something I missed
[edit on 15/4/05 by Creative_Seeker]

I see a skull... anyone else?

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Bah, probably just an odd rock formation, looks too indistinct to be anything else.

No idea what that streak in the sky is though...

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Thanks Creative_Seeker for all your work! I spent a whole day raiding every Mars image site on the net, got dizzy from looking at MOC and MOLA and Themis images, and it turns out the first one is still the best I can find.

I'm going to post one more pic, this time everything but the object is colorized. If everyone here still thinks it's a pop-can, I'm... I'm... I'm going to give it to Hoagland

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join