It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Missiles Fired by both Russian and United States Military over Earth's Arctic Regions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I ran across this article on Steve Quayle's site and couldn't make heads or tails about what is really going on. Granted some of the stuff on SQ's site should be taken with a grain of salt, but has anyone else heard or found any other information regarding this? what kind of military activities or testing is going on?

Thousands of Missiles Fired by both Russian and United States Military Forces over Earths Arctic Regions as Large Cosmic Blasts Continue Hitting Planet

April 13, 2005
By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Russian Subscribers
What Does it Mean

Strange reports have reached us today from our Arctic Regions describing thousands of missile launches from both Russian and American military forces, and from both land based and aircraft launched these missiles that are being directed out of the earth’s atmosphere into the outer space regions of our planets atmosphere.

From various news services however there is being reported that Russia and the United States are conducting Missile Defense Wargames, and as we can read as reported by the Moscow Times News Service in their article titled "Russia, U.S. Launch Joint Missile Defence Wargames", and which says, "Russia and the United States have begun joint missile defence wargames aimed at protecting vital installations in a third country in the course of future international operations, a Russian Defence Ministry release said Monday. The wargames will last until April 23.

More war games? Didn't Russia and China just have war games? and didn't the US and South Korea just have war games? Why are the US and Russia now having war games over the artic? Something is odd.

[edit on 4-14-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Yea, the artic is definetly an odd place to be conducting War Games. Is there a specific location in the artic? It would be understandable if this was occuring in the unihabited region of Russia called Siberia which extends into the artic cirlce.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
the war games between US and Russia in the artic is one odd thing, but what is with the "large unknown cosmic blasts"?

could it be we're showing our military might to some distant alien life forms

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Not for nothing but, what sources in the arctic does this guy have? Sure there are people there but....?

Any POSTERS in the arctic circle that can get some photos?

Hey, worth a shot, if there're thousands of missiles streaking across the sky......

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I was looking for more on this "unknown cosmic blasts" and came across this same person Sorcha Faal on another site
Unknown Energy Surges Continue to Hit Planet

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to the Russian Academy of Sciences
December 22, 2004

An increasingly panicked global effort is now underway by the world's top scientists to understand an unprecedented series of 'blasts', energy surges, which the planet has been taking from an as yet unknown source which has been bombarding Antarctica with cosmic rays and disrupting Northern Hemisphere weather systems on a global scale.

The first of these cosmic ray blasts occurred nearly 5 years ago and have been increasing in their frequency and intensity since the end of November. The once normally darkened skies of the Northern Hemisphere's Arctic regions are now in twilight due to these blasts. Wayne Davidson, from the Canadian Government's weather station at Resolute Bay, located in the Arctic Circle, says about this mysterious lighting, "The entire horizon is raised like magic, like the hand of God is bringing it up."

On December 1, 2004 the largest recorded blast sent not only shockwaves through the world scientific community but also through the Northern Hemisphere resulting in one of the largest weather events in recorded human history when 86,800 square miles of China was shrouded in fog, bringing transportation systems (especially air travel) to a virtual standstill throughout the country.

and
BBC: The hunt for cosmic blasts' secret

and then this one
Science Daily:Explosions In Space May Have Initiated Ancient Extinction On Earth

now this sort of satisfies my curiosity about these "unknown cosmic blasts" they are exactly what they are called. But I have still to find anything about these missiles and US and Russian war games. If you find, please post

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Missile defense is one thing and bursts of cosmic radiation another. Yes, we live in a highly dynamic environment where the Earth gets slammed by solar wind and extrasolar radiation. It's fascinating!

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
technically I found them already mixed, that's why I brought it here

did you read the article in the first post? why are they shooting missiles into outer space? that could be interpreted as hostile action, especially when you don't know the cause of the "cosmic blasts".

and IndiaDaily has also now picked up on this story, so it must be 100% true

[edit on 4-14-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I just found the same article on C2C am's site. Here is an article on the reason for the missile launches.

Russia and the United States have begun joint missile defence wargames aimed at protecting vital installations in a third country in the course of future international operations, a Russian Defence Ministry release said Monday. The wargames will last until April 23.

According to the Russian Defence Ministry, the 4th Central Research Institute of the Ministry in Moscow is hosting the joint theater-wide ballistic missile defence (BMD) command-post exercise (CPX).

“The exercise is focused on crafting co-ordination techniques for use by non-strategic air defence and ballistic missile defence units in providing BMD coverage of a third country during a coalition operation under the aegis of international organizations,” the release said.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
thank you for finding that link eaglewingz

maybe SQ and IndiaDaily is on to something after all. doesn't this sudden cooperation seem odd? I mean both countries recently had full scale war games in Asia, why the artic now?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Also, the only things that russia or the US would be attacking or defending from over the artic are each other no?

Perhaps, and this is completely made up and probably not at all how things work, perhaps both countries have agreed to wargame against each other to reaffirm that its not a good idea to mess with one another, and stay out of each others respected geo-political fields? Perhaps thats at least part of the war gamming rationale? I know, sounds silly, but its a speculative thought anyway.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Them's aliens up there, an' we gots a war on our hands! Getch yer guns ready, boys!!!

er... sorry... it's been a long night.

Seriously, though... thousands of missiles, launched by two of the largest powers on Earth, into orbit, isn't a war game, it's an op. Missiles and fuel are too expensive to waste thousands of them in a game. Especially when computer simulations can usually do the same job with as much accuracy.

Your whackaday ICBM only has enough fuel to get it into a degenerating orbit and then "falls" to it's destination. They calculate it all by math. Plug the factors into a forumla, and you can tell exactly where it will land.

The only thing I can think of is if a joint-national anti-missile platform, or series of platforms, are being tested. It's something they could do quietly, except for the launches, and they could shoot down the missiles from the platforms over international waters, and perhaps they need a live test, because they need to see what effects their attack has on the missile.

However, such a thing would require the cooperation of the USA, the European Union, Russia, China, and probably Australia as well. Somehow I just don't see us all getting along that well on anything involving defense. Especially when the Bush Dynasty has given China the finger on so many occasions, Russia can barely keep revolutions from ripping it apart, and Europe is so ticked-off at America right now I'm surprised we even get mail from them, much less cooperation on yet another expensive war project.

So... if it's not a War Game, what is it? I'm going to hazard a guess:

Something is headed this way, and we're reacting in the tried and true method of shooting at it.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This is the real reason
WAR OF THE WORLDS
www.indiadaily.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
An increasingly panicked global effort is now underway by the world's top scientists to understand an unprecedented series of 'blasts', energy surges, which the planet has been taking from an as yet unknown source which has been bombarding Antarctica with cosmic rays and disrupting Northern Hemisphere weather systems on a global scale.

Antarctica is on the Southern hemisphere isn't it?

My theory is: They're taking down another killer meteorite. They've been doing it since the day Armageddon and Deep Impact came out

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
the war games between US and Russia in the artic is one odd thing, but what is with the "large unknown cosmic blasts"?

could it be we're showing our military might to some distant alien life forms

I can't find anything on the missiles but here's some stuff on the cosmic blasts, the last one I believe was the most powerful and there's a theory that a gravity wave may have preceeded it and triggered the December 26 quake and Tsunami. Just a theory though, I have no idea if it's plausible.

newswww.bbc.net.uk...
Gamma-ray bursts were first observed during the Cold War, when Western researchers thought that they might be the product of Soviet nuclear tests on the Moon or on other planets.

Huh??? They thought the Soviets were testing weapons on other planets?? I thought we were the only ones to believe that kind of stuff!

newswww.bbc.net.uk...
In the late 1960s, US military satellites designed to look for clandestine nuclear tests picked up powerful bursts of radiation coming from deep space.

Before the burst They appeared to come from far beyond our galaxy, from distances comparable with the overall size of the Universe.

But coming from such large distances meant that the energy in the burst was incredible and astronomers struggled to explain them.

Various theories were proposed including collisions between black holes or neutron stars that would have liberated vast amounts of energy. But no explanation was completely satisfactory.

As technology improved, astronomers were able to react more swiftly to these fleeting events and turn their telescopes towards them while they lasted, where they sometimes detected a fading optical glow from the same strange object.

The latest breakthrough began on 29 March (2003) when the High-Energy Transient Explorer satellite (Hete) detected one of the brightest and closest gamma-ray bursts ever seen.

Located in the constellation of Leo, the 30-second burst, designated GRB 030329, outshone the entire Universe in gamma rays. Its optical afterglow was still over a trillion times brighter than the Sun over two hours later.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Astronomers say they have been stunned by the amount of energy released in a star explosion on the far side of our galaxy, 50,000 light-years away.

The flash of radiation on 27 December was so powerful that it bounced off the Moon and lit up the Earth's atmosphere.

The blast occurred on the surface of an exotic kind of star - a super-magnetic neutron star called SGR 1806-20.

If the explosion had been just 10,000 light-years away, Earth could have suffered a mass extinction, it is said.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
thanks for the links mythatsabigprobe
(try saying that with a serious face) impossible.

well so far we know that there are these "unknown blast" either solar, gamma rays, but basically still unknown hence the name

and we have at least one other corrobating story about the Russian missiles, only thing left to find is acknowledgement of the US military and missile involvement.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Thousands of missles? Editorial license?

I find it difficult based on "known" missle technology, even the ASAT system formerly tested out of Langley AFB in the 90's would have sufficient booster power to get much above a low-earth orbital altitude and definately not deep space.

I also agree with the poster that even ICBM technology doesn't possess sufficient "boost" capability to get much above a low-earth orbital altitude.

I think the key would be locate where the original source of the articles came from ... Socha Faul or however it's spelled leaves a lot to be desired in terms of creditability.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I know we signed a treaty about putting weapons in space, or at least I think we did... but I've also heard rumors that we do have satellites armed with missiles or other weaponry anyway. Assuming we do have these, wouldn't they be the weapons we would use to strike an incoming comet or UFO?

Or maybe since the Russians are involved with this "operation," we don't want to give them official confirmation of our space-based weapons systems. That'd just start another arms race, except it'd be galactic one.

Either way, I think the world should unite to produce some platform of space-based weapons that could and would only be used in defense of the planet from a hostile group or meteor beyond Earth.

The threat of invaders from outer space is just the thing we need to unite this planet and start all that NWO crap that everyone here keeps talking about. It'd be interesting if those alleged NWO conspirators would fake an alien threat or invasion in order to scare us into a one-world government and get the global power they supposedly crave.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
maybe they are shooting an incoming asteroid who knows......

join