It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children of the Law of One: The Lost Teachings of Atlantis

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Parta

validate what??

i don't recollect having a discussion with you on "Atlantis"!! perhaps you could refresh my memory?

My take on Atlantis is

1. Atlantis is based on actual events, but exaggerated and embellished by Plato for his dialogues.
2. The word 'Atlantis' is Plato's creation. No one ever called it Atlantis other than Plato.
3. What ever the new age mystics say about hall of knowledge under the sphinx's feet or Atlantis having links with Tibet or even descending from Atlantis is all bull.

As to your Classification of Parties...

I don't claim to bee at all in party 1. There are things i dont know, there are things which i have learned and am still learning. There are some thing like common sense, scientific reasoning, which form basis of a logical mind ( mind it i am very much illogical too...when such situations arise). when i am arguing and am proven wrong, i do acknowledge my mistake/.error and learn from the mistake. I don't cling on to my point of view when i am proven wrong.All i ask in a discussion is the other parties in the debate provide evidence/proof substantiating their point of view.

I don't believe in quacks and new age mystics who mish mash Tibet to aztecs to mayas to Atlantis and crystal power and ancient astronauts.

And dude or dudette as the case may be, i don't run away...seriously i never read your post in which you argued with me...try me again...promise i wont disappoint..i can surely give you an arguement you will not ever forget.

[edit on 31/1/09 by coredrill]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

you said

"When Atlantis is Just a myth fabricated by Plato for some rhetoric, based on a mish mash of actual cultures and events, tales he had hears......

There is no Atlantis to find!!

All these folks do is present a load of what ifs.

When venturing further into any discussion, keep some evidence in your pocket to substantiate the matter your are putting forth."

------------------------------

i said

"i guess at this juncture we should verify a few things in order to validate your opinion.

did you know that by 23kya a wonderful shallow green sea filled the carpathian basin [middle danube into the upper danube]? and that it drained "mysteriously" sometime in the last 10ky? [6250bc]?

did you know that this sea was called oceanos potamos? and that atlantis was on oceanos potamos?

had we looked everywhere? had we even looked on oceanos potamos?

these other cultural stories you talk about are enki and his bolts and the rectangular apsu or/and yima and his three ringed city and rectangular vara or/and ra and his rings plus ptahs rectangular royal enclosure and/and atlantis plus the rectangular pen of geryon...?

we should be able to find a great rectangular cowpen carved into the high ground on a great flooded plain across a strait from a twinned peaked island with a great big natural and manmade [as the story says] catastrophically destroyed three ringed structure/city nearby wz huge canals und gates und twinned ports und etc. we should be able to find it from space right?"

-----------

now i say...

people do tend to be very creative... that is obvious and in general a good thing... sometimes they get a little carried away but its probably because the simple facts which bring things down to earth and keep things in perspective are generally not known or very slowly disseminated... the information is there and has been but its been applied to highfaluting international legal ranglings, political intrigue and theft... not to our needs..

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Howdy Hollywood and Satellite

Well lets review

You seem to think that if JP in LTA or elsewhere makes a claim it then translates into "fact'. It however doesn't.

As pointed out even a brief look at the LTA shows it to have claims in it which are in error and not supported by evidence. It is my opinion that JP is just lying, he is relying on the well known fringe tenet to never question new age claims.

You cannot provide evidence to support these, instead you just spout over and over again new age words, meaningless cliche and phrases.

This forum is about ancient and lost civilizations, not new age cults. If you want to believe in the con man, please do so.

If you make a claim that x or y exists, please expect to be asked for evidence of such. Saying JP says so, isn't evidence, saying you believe so very much in him, isn't evidence.

If you make up stuff and present it as fact, you will be challenged, stating the CLO is this or says that is completely and utterly meaningless.

So can you provide evidence for any of these claims? I believe the answer is no. Oh and if you don't understand what evidence is we can take you thru that process of discovery one step at a time.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

This site seems to be cracking down on quotes with short answers, so I’ll present your post in conversational format.

Hans: You seem to think that if JP in LTA or elsewhere makes a claim it then translates into "fact'. It however doesn't.

Satellite: As we’ve stated all along, the CLO & LTA have never wanted blind ‘followers‘ or blind ‘believers’, and in fact would test people at times to see. If they failed & stuck with that perspective, they’d be given the boot.
Yes, many “claims” in LTA. But rather than going with the black & white thinking of either it must be true or must not be true, I put the "claim" on the shelf as a "may be", labelled with a question mark (ie:?). Contemplation & consideration plays an important role, yet until it is EXPERIENCED, the claim stays there.

Hans: As pointed out even a brief look at the LTA shows it to have claims in it which are in error and not supported by evidence.

Satellite: The claims are not in error. The claims go against many many things that we have been taught, including the way we think. If you think that LTA is in error, it’s because you are measuring it by your limited pre-conceptions/mind.

Hans: It is my opinion that JP is just lying, he is relying on the well known fringe tenet to never question new age claims.

Satellite: I’ve seen plenty of questioning put to JP, but to reply with “give me proof of your claims” is evident of blocking to even the possibility that it may be true, which is in itself self-limiting.

Hans: You cannot provide evidence to support these, instead you just spout over and over again new age words, meaningless cliche and phrases.

Satellite: Experience is the only evidence I need. But I cannot show you the evidence, only relate it to you. So if you want real evidence, you have to experience it yourself. And it’s not new age, it’s old age wisdom and one that is very meaningful. It’s all about soul…hmmm, didn’t someone write a song about that?

Hans: This forum is about ancient and lost civilizations, not new age cults. If you want to believe in the con man, please do so.

Satellite: I agree on what this forum is about, but the CLO & LTA cannot be dissected into little pieces & analysed if one is to understand it as a whole. And, you’re the one who has personally attacked and attempted to discredit the author of LTA in a multitude of ways, and I’ve responded accordingly in order to try & show you, for you really have no idea.

Hans: If you make a claim that x or y exists, please expect to be asked for evidence of such.

Satellite: How can one prove a rainbow to a blind man? One cannot, but one can let the blind man know that the rainbow exists and its beauty. In your case you are fortunate in that, at least for the moment, you have the opportunity to uncover the wool from your eyes. You’re living in a conspiracy Hans, & you believe the conspiracy to be true & real, because your 5 senses verify and support it, along with the limited sciences of today and deceitful governments.

Hans: Saying JP says so, isn't evidence, saying you believe so very much in him, isn't evidence.

Satellite: I & others have not claimed it to be evidence. We’re relating our experience which is our evidence, and attempted to explain it to the best of our understanding in this limited format of words.

Hans: So can you provide evidence for any of these claims? I believe the answer is no. Oh and if you don't understand what evidence is we can take you thru that process of discovery one step at a time.

Satellite: What, by handing me a pick & shovel Hans? No thanks, been there, done that. There are others ways of knowing things. Open up & connect with the Universal Spirit, then you’ll have your evidence, IF you can handle it (no pun intended)

[edit on 31-1-2009 by satellite]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Hi all, thought I would contribute to this thread, as someone who was 'wowed' by this book initially and has read it many times, I can relate to those of you who feel very strongly and positively about it. It is a book with a great message and it is filled with much spiritual wisdom, however, (big however), the story in the book is fake. Jon Peniel did not come from a Tibetan Monestary whose lineage dates back to Atlantis, the 'rumors' about his connection to the Source Family are true. I'm not saying that the entire book and every single teaching is based on the Source Family teachings, but Peniel did spend some time with the Source Family and certain parts of the book are based on that. The stuff about Atlantis and Tibet is just stuff made up to present the teachings in an interesting format, (although it would have been nice if they would have just admitted this, instead of deceiving people) . He even makes the point to say that it is not important if you believe the story or not...it is the teachings that are important (b/c the story is BS lol
Anyways, instead of arguing with me in this thread about it, b/c I know there will be those who don't want to admit this is true....simply contact some of the people from the Source Family who knew him and ask them about it, his name was Zoroaster with the Source Family btw....or contact some of the "monks" from the CLO (if you can...since they no longer reply to anybody and there website is down) and you will find out that none of them (except Peniel) had ever been to Tibet (convenient isn't it

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
hmmmm....

very interestng information!!

Exactly the truth.

There is and was no link to atlantis or tibet. all that was so bull. no lineage from atlantis.

so? where does that take the point of this thread?

edited : replaced "forum" with "thread"

[edit on 2/2/09 by coredrill]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hollywood11
You aren't realizing that the majority of Tibetan traditions are secret and not known to westerners or historians anyways.

Hmmm.

Did you know about the "secret" Tibetan writings warning all of us specifically not to listen to, or believe, anything Hollywood11 posts at Above Top Secret?

It's there, you just haven't heard about it because it's a "secret."

Harte

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hello.

The topic of the thread is: Children of the Law of One: The Lost Teachings of Atlantis.

Civility and Decorum are Expected.

Let's act like we're adults, shall we?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Hello.

The topic of the thread is: Children of the Law of One: The Lost Teachings of Atlantis.

Civility and Decorum are Expected.

Let's act like we're adults, shall we?

but it was monty python. thats adult. and it was answering coredrills question on the point of the thread.

are we not now deciding if atlantis even existed? he says no but won't respond to questions regarding his opinion. is that the way things are done?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Disbelief stems from a perception of mental constructivism. Intellectual belief also does however, one cannot be given intellectual constituents and expect that they ARE reality or aptly represent it because reality is not generated by the sense organs and the electromagnetic and biochemical processes which allow them to generate keylontic morphogenetic templates (sensorial representations of reality in terms of regional brain maps).
The information portrayed via CLO and TLA need not be isolated in terms of time-based congruence. If an individual claims a relationship to tibet to an action say making tea it might be true. The first question, for one who seeks understanding and not isolation in sustained ignorance, is how. One proceeds then to compose intellectually myriad ways that relationships might exist.
Attack based thinking is indicative of an individual situated in a perceptive qworld generated by the senses attempting to use the sensory database (mind) to expand beyond itself into something else. That something else may in fact be Mind or no-mind but that something else (which is symbolically an expanded state of awareness or an attention devoted toward constructing positive connection) cannot come about until the midn and it's limited patterning cease their repeating patterns. This is the way to EXPERIENCING or attuning at-onement with the truth value of any representation of reality.
*I add that sense based reality is reality also but a single lens incapable of perceiving the lenses which it is nested in; holographic relationship or what Ken Wilber designates a Holon.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by apaara

Do you know, were any of the other people/students/adepts or whatever that were around Jon at the time you were there, from the Tibetan monastery as well? Or was it a bunch of people who were his followers? Did you meet any other CLO teachers - or was Jon the only one?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
My original post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still true.

And was corroborated by "Anonymous ATS" on 1/31/2009. Anyone else out there?

Has anyone met Jon Peniel aka Zoroaster Aquarian aka C Eliot Hilton aka Carl Oehlman aka... Born in Venice, California, attended Santa Monica High School, joined the Source Family after high school, eventually moved to Colorado where he met Julianne H. (aka "Jewel") in the Longmont/Niwot area (he was still going by his "Zoroaster Aquarian" name at this time), published "Life Control" in 1984, ... and so on.

"Father Yod" was "Zain". Oehlman claimed "Zain" died in a hang gliding accident. Funny. The Source Family has full documentation of this incident, including pictures.

To CLO "monk" "shakti" ("Zend's" daughter): did you really play music with Peniel and Neil Young in Maui? He claimed you did. He also claimed that the recordings got destroyed in a hard drive crash. Hmm ...

Anyone know Peniel's "stage name" (he claimed to have a "stage name" in the music business)? Thought not.

Anyone have any PROOF of *anything* said in person or in the book (note: this does not include being "touched" by the "teachings" or his personality/vibe -- read up on cults: all cult leaders are charismatic) ... ? If so, please enlighten us...

[edit on 27-3-2009 by jbond007]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Howdy Satellite

I don't believe in god or gods so some of your arguments are limited on me.

Here is a challenge. I went and read the first ten pages of the LTA. Now would you say that the material is truth or false?

It depends upon your "Spiritual Capacity" to absorb unprovable fact...these are truths...that belie a way of "Action" and "Capacity to Understand"...when you see a puppy...running around in Circles...chasing their own tail....is this not a happy moment...is this not amusing to you..as you see the patterns.....that is all that exists...within this universe...is patterns...and one's ability to recognize these "so called patterns"....

Just a simple thought form from a funny little man...Proof is a Delusion...it has been Programmed in us from Birth...enjoy your "Proof" while others around you "Ascend"...yes... a bit Egotistical...nonetheless...Awakening is the Key...not proof...

cheers...

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbond007

Has anyone met Jon Peniel

Some have claimed in a previous thread...read all threads...and you will discover...

Do not justify through "Absolutes"...as this is a failing of our current "Thought Convention"....

You may blindly agree...but until you have read the text presented...you will never know for yourself...you may speculate all that you like...until then...spiritual words...mean worlds to many...nice try though...

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill
hmmmm....

very interestng information!!

Exactly the truth.

There is and was no link to atlantis or tibet. all that was so bull. no lineage from atlantis.

so? where does that take the point of this thread?

edited : replaced "forum" with "thread"

[edit on 2/2/09 by coredrill]

Spartan...you are an "Absolutist"...Absolutes...Corrupt Absolutely"...njoy your body...and all that it has to offer...

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by qbik2008

Howdy Qbik

Nice new age ramble but, dare I say it, unprovable. LOL

I humbly reject your reality and will continue to live in this one.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join