It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pics of National protest against Japan become a permanent U.N. Security Council member in China

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hi:
I am tired of debating and i know different people from different country have different opinion so i just post pics here, Hope you enjoy the info i offered and please leave "good feedback" after your reading. Thank you

beijing
www.superticket.com.cn...

police car to maintain order

Police walk infront of the protest people to direct the tranffic

www.mymnu.com...

sign name

img.pcpop.com...

ChongQin

img.pcpop.com...

img.pcpop.com...

old man sign his name

img.pcpop.com...

child too

img.pcpop.com...

QingDao

img.pcpop.com...

ChengDu - those two were arrested after they assult japan store

img.pcpop.com...

img.pcpop.com...

img.pcpop.com...

img.pcpop.com...

LiaoLing or ShengYan?

img.pcpop.com...

ChongQing again

img.pcpop.com...

JiangSu

img.pcpop.com...

Ok, i think i will post these by now. Thank you for watching

Mod Edit: to change photos to links so that people with slower internet connection don’t get killed when opening this thread.

[edit on 10-4-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Could you translate the signs for those of us who dont speak Chinese

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Hi:

"strongly require Japan face the history and stop changing its history textbook!"

"strongly against Japan become a member of UN council!"
"Say no to Japan!"

"Japan must self-reflection its deed in WWII and pay attention to asian victim country!"

"Against Japanese product!"

"History can not be changed , Fact can not be denied!"

Hope that will help your reading~ Thanks

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
waaa there are so many people marching.....

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Get over it already!!!
Really if you can't get it through your head that letting the past rest is the only way we will ever find peace you need to read the sites motto again.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sugarlump
Get over it already!!!
Really if you can't get it through your head that letting the past rest is the only way we will ever find peace you need to read the sites motto again.

Those who forget the past will most likely repeat it....

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Those who forget the past will most likely repeat it....

I agree. If there were no history books then someone trying to take over the world would try to invade russia again

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Ironic On So Many Levels

Originally posted by Sugarlump

The site's motto is "Deny Ignorance". Promoting ignorance of the past is not in keeping with that motto, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Meanwhile, ignorance of the past flourishes in Japan, where schoolchildren are taught incomplete and watered-down versions of what happened in the Pacific War, while their parents refuse to talk about such things altogether.

Unlike Germany, which continues to work its way through the difficult process of dealing with its dark past, Japan has focused instead only on the shame of being defeated by the U.S., while refusing to accept responsibility for its own evil deeds.

The result is such spectacles as this one in which the hypocrisy is so deep as to be painful to watch.

There actually are people who believe that Japan was going along minding its own business until the evil U.S. nuked it and took over. That's because they are ignorant of what actually happened.

Trying to make people forget is the wrong approach. The victims of Japanese atrocities and their children will never forget, regardless of how many Japanese do.

The right thing for Japan to do is face up to its past honestly and openly, and make a sincere commitment to never repeating its past mistakes instead of trying to hush things up while grudgingly making vague and unconvincing apologies.

Without that, Japan's neighbors have good reason to remain angry and suspicious.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'm curious as to why China is left on the Security Council anyway. When it was first set up, china was nationalist, not communist. If it had been communist, it'd've never been put on it. I guess that there are practical reasons as to why its wasn't removed then and hasn't been removde now tho.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Yeah actually Taiwan should have the Security Council seat.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
well Taiwan and mainland being both parts of China are represented by China in the UN.

China was a permenant member when UN started. China has not changed, but the government that represents China has. Remember two armies led by Chinese leaders fought a bitter civil war. One of them lost and eventually his government lost its right to represent China in the world.

[edit on 11-4-2005 by white_raven0]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Sugarlump i don't get your point, People don't like to repeat angry and there is a chinese saying"excuse people once you have the reason to excuse".
The point is not we don't want to excuse, ask any other asian country, why would they against Japan become a member of UN council? do you think any other country who against it is mad and crazy??

It sounds to me like you killed someone's family and after 10 years you make this story your pround and changed it a little so becomes that people want to attack you and you killed him by defending youself......how can you think that victim will think and react? Not china and Korea, I see how Japanese people is welcomed in westerner country and please think why we act like this, the reason is on japan's side.

like i said i am tried of debating and only post pics and fact so please don't say word like that if you are not japanese! Thank you

[edit on 11-4-2005 by taobo33]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Japan was RUTHLESS when they attacked the Chinese. They killed entire villages including women and children.

I am with the Chinese on this one. Japan needs to represent their attack and brutal murder of the Chinese accurately. It will be a travesty if entire generations of Japanese kids grow up not knowing the truth about what their ancestors have done.

Would anybody here approve of Germany changing their history books regarding the holocaust? Because this is Chinas equal in their history.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
True. We should never forget history. We should learn from it and move on, not wallow in grudges that get the world nowhere and turn countries into blindly patriotic, self-destructive cauldrons of hate.

There's an old saying by this guy that goes, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone." The guy who said that was a pretty cool dude. I recommend you check out his biography, it's a good read.

The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) constantly stirs the Chinese people's blood to hate against outside forces, their favourite tactic since that evil organizations humblest beginnings. This has the awesome effect of keeping the people's attention focused on issues other than the injustices, corruption, poverty, state-sponsored murder, and social unrest at home (sound familiar? mmm...). Mao's hate-propaganda succeeded in destroying the country, and it lives on today. The CCP are masters at controlling the minds of the Chinese people, after all, they've had 56 years of practice, and it's what keeps them in power and getting fatter and richer while millions of Chinese live in poverty, but their protests are never heard.

Nevermind that the organisers of these protests are members of the Cinese communist party. However, talk to the average person in China, the taxi-drivers, the construction workers, the farmers, and the thing that is most on their minds is the injustices and blatant corruption of the Communist Party rulers; although they keep their objections quiet for their own sakes. Check out what many former Chinese Communist Party members have risked their lives to say about the CCP once they woke up from the propaganda-induced hate and nationalism:
ATS Thread: The Epoch Times vs The Chinese Communist Party

Japan is not free of guilt. Nope, not by a long shot. But neither is any major country that you can think of. Let's, for just a moment, imagine life if we took the CCP's lead in never forgetting history, never letting the past be the past:

Germany would never be allowed to participate in anything - the U.N, the EU, whatever. Nor would France (think Napolean), Britain (think colonialism, India, the U.S colonies, Africa), Italy (WW2), Spain (the South and Central Americas, Africa), Portugal (more colonialism), Australia (australian Aborigines)...and nor would China.

Continuing with not forgetting history, according to the CCP's rulebook, any land that has had a person from any country set foot on it, no matter how short the period, could then be rightfully claimed to belong to that person's country, and they would be entitled to conquer it, massacre its people and claim it as part of the "great motherland".

"But Japan is trying to erase history" I hear some cry. Well the CCP conveniently erases history too, but only when it's convenient for them. The truths of Tibet, Mongolia and Xin Jiang are not taught in Chinese schools and are not present in Chinese textbooks. Not only does the CCP not admit and not apologize for their atrocities, they still maintain that these territories are rightfully theirs. At least Japan doesn't still claim that Northern China, Taiwan and Korea are part of their territory.

But hey, they don't stop there. The CCP also erases history when it comes to their mass-murdering of the Chinese people. The Tiananmen Square massacre, the Great Leap Forward, and the Cultural Revolution, where a combined total of miliions of Chinese people were starved, imprisoned, tortured and murdered by the CCP, are blatantly lied about or simply not taught at all. I have friends who were present at the Tiananmen Square massacre, and they say that the CCP's terming of the event as the "Tiananmen Square Disturbance" is...to put it politely, a tad understated.

Deng Xiao Ping, who ordered the gunning down and tank-crushing of the students at Tiananmen, was revered by the CCP as a "Great Hero of the People" when he died in 1997, and his birthday is celebrated every year.

Zhao ZiYang however, was sacked from the CCP and lived in persecution, ostracization and disgrace until his death. Why? Because he advocated for reform, transparency of government, the end of party corruption, and for not murdering the students. He was denied a State funeral and even some members of his family were denied from attending his funeral. See what a Chinese blogger has to say about Zhao ZiYang and the CCP.
Even in death, Beijing denies Zhao Zi yang recognition
Never heard his name? Well that's no surprise - you see the CCP "erased him from history."

external image
external image
The CCP propaganda machine teaches them to hate the Japanese from a young age. Mention the word "Japan" to many pre-schoolers, and they will immediately respond with "stinky nips". I kid you not.

Here's some civilized behaviour.
external image
The clothes store owner must pay for his wartime atrocities against the Chinese people, and for making them buy ugly clothes. String 'im up!! Funny, we don't see Jews smashing the windows of German stores.

The CCP's hate propaganda is so pervasive, that Chinese who were born 35 years after the events of WW2 vehemently hate Japanese youth who were also born years after the events. I've seen two Japanese youths beaten and hospitalized by a mob of Chinese in the subway station because the poor guys didn't understand the ticketing system and the locals thought they were trying to get through without paying. Everything was fine until the mob realized that they were Japanese.

But it's not just the Japanese. I've heard stories from locals who witnessed here in China, Americans being accosted in the street and beaten after the U.S accidentally bombed the Chinese embassy in Kosovo.

Despite all this, the CCP holds a permanent seat on the U.N Security Council. Maybe the U.N should ask China why they are secretly smuggling missiles out of the Ukraine.

Again, I say "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone." Japan needs to clean up its act, admit and apologize its transgressions, and enact reparation to the Chinese people. And the CCP needs to tidy its own nest before it starts pointing at others. They need to stop leeching off the Chinese people, and wasting the country's resources on war, the Olympics and maglev trains. The Chinese "lao bai xing", i.e. the common people, i.e. friends of mine, deserve to be free of the corrupt, propagandist, greedy, murdering scab that is the Chinese Communist Party. Enough is enough.

[edit on 2005/4/11 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Please don't use my thread to attack China! this is far away from my topic.

wecomeinpeace, if you watch my original post carefully you shall see i have posted all the pics you post and i didn't avoid those you choose to support your opinion and those who attack the japanese store have been arrested as well(i have mentioned).

There is nothing about ccp here, I used to get used to those biased news on westerner media and i use one of my friend's words:" this is the art of speaking" the same thing people can tell in different ways.

ok, from your point of view don't you feel strange korean people and other asian country people didn't get the influnce of ccp but why they still against japan!?
Please self reflection what you did, You said chinese government use media but don't west and japan country use media. From my personal experience you use it much better than ccp!( True, CCP will avoid report negtive news but won't change the fact much as japan change history) .

self reflection! i say it again and my orogianl meaning was not to debat with people here coz i posts pics and facts here!!!!!

out.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I've answered these type of threads (by wecomeinpeace) so many times...

wecomeinpeace
CCP are masters at controlling the minds of the Chinese people, after all, they've had 56 years of practice, and it's what keeps them in power and getting fatter and richer while millions of Chinese live in poverty, but their protests are never heard.

1. Millions of Chinese have being lifter out of poverty by the CCP.
2. China has recently ended the aid by the World food organisation.

Why don't you read this thread,
China's leading world in Battling poverty

China accepts last shipment of aid

The United Nations says it is an historic moment and a tribute to China's economic success that it has been able, within a generation, to transform itself from a food aid recipient into a donor.

The UN says China's free-market policies have made it the world's largest producer of grain and producer of half of the world's vegetables.

Gerald Burke, of the UN World Food Program, says China's experience of droughts and floods means it has disaster management skills that could be of great value elsewhere.

"We hope and believe that China can share some of that expertise, some of that talent, with the World Food Program to help it with similar types of disasters beyond its borders," he said.

wecomeinpeace
Germany would never be allowed to participate in anything

Rubbish, Germany holds ceremonies to commerate death camps, Japanese politicians routinely dismiss Nanjing massacre as a "fabrication". If you can't see the difference in that, then theres no point talking.

wecomeinpeace
But hey, they don't stop there. The CCP also erases history when it comes to their mass-murdering of the Chinese people. The Tiananmen Square massacre, the Great Leap Forward, and the Cultural Revolution, where a combined total of miliions of Chinese people were starved, imprisoned, tortured and murdered by the CCP, are blatantly lied about or simply not taught at all. I have friends who were present at the Tiananmen Square massacre, and they say that the CCP's terming of the event as the "Tiananmen Square Disturbance" is...to put it politely, a tad understated.

Read up on Chinese textbooks, the Great leap forward and the Cultural revolution are not "covered up". Mao is now regarded as a leader "who made mistakes towards the end of his life".

As for Tiananmen, it will be rectified in the future generations, just wait till the last generation of leaders die out. Deng Xiao Ping is the pioneer of all Chinese reforms.

ok, lets talk facts.

Tiananmen max = thousands died.
Chinese reforms under Deng = millions lifted out of poverty.

wecomeinpeace
Zhao ZiYang however, was sacked from the CCP and lived in persecution, ostracization and disgrace until his death. Why? Because he advocated for reform, transparency of government, the end of party corruption, and for not murdering the students. He was denied a State funeral and even some members of his family were denied from attending his funeral. See what a Chinese blogger has to say about Zhao ZiYang and the CCP.

ROFL, Zhao ZiYang played golf towards the end of his life.... You want photos??

Persecution....haha, he looks to have pretty good form on his swing.

JONATHAN UNGER: Well, there was a crackdown, and Zhao was ousted from his position and put under a loose house arrest and he remained in that situation until he died. It was a very loose house arrest in that he was seen by foreign observers at various times on the golf course, he continued to live materially a decent life, presumably he went out to restaurants, but he was never allowed again to have anything to do with politics.

ABC source
Wonder what his handicap is?

And Zhao only sided with the protesters after he knew he lost the struggle for power, why don't you read some objective history. Zhao himself clamped down on protests during his rule, the only one he didn't clamp down was Tiananmen because he had already lost power.

-----

wecomeinpeace, your just a typical outsider who regard your view as correct because you get them from the "EpochTimes". ROFL.

I'am happy to dispute any of the points i raised above, care to point out which of my points lack factual integrity?

[edit on 11-4-2005 by rapier28]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think the change of history book and other actions Japan took recently might be a reaction to China's action recently.

There were the soccer game riots, the sea floor natural gas mining, the subs instance, the "anti-secession" law,...Not to mention that after Japan paid for their crime, literally, with lots of money, to China for many years, and the investment...etc, China still taught their youngsters to hate Japan. It seems that China is becoming more and more aggressive.

Japan has committed a crime in the past. The history taught in China, Korea, Taiwan and Japan should perhaps just teach the history as it is instead of installing hate or selective tune down...but that is not how the real worl works.

In any case, if China wants to become the next WW2 Japan, then keep teaching hatred toward US, Japan and Taiwan, and ignore the crimes committed by themselves, that would work wonderfully.

PS. I just have a wonderful thought. Maybe what China and Japan should do is exchange their WW2 history material. ie. Japanese would use the history textbook of China, while China will use the history textbook of Japan. Both translated of course...hahahahahaha

[edit on 11-4-2005 by twchang]

[edit on 11-4-2005 by twchang]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
......no word
I had my primary school and middle school and high school in mainland china, where the hell our textbook teach us to hate japan????
can't you see people go to protest is against japan change history book!?
victim become killer !??
Taiwan, don't become another japan and assult your origin people.
still can you find evidence that china is teaching young people to hate japan???? instead chinese didn't ask japan to pay the cost it cost during WWII is because it hope japan and china can establish true friendship and trust in new century but it looks like things goes to different way newadays.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by taobo33
I had my primary school and middle school and high school in mainland china, where the hell our textbook teach us to hate japan????
can't you see people go to protest is against japan change history book!?
victim become killer !??

Well, isn't the picture above shows the hatred education? They don't specifically tell you to hate someone. That would be stupid because then everyone will be skeptics.

What they do is using subtle manipulation of history, wording, negative name calling, which will dehumanize Japanese or other people. Then hatred or grudge will come naturally. It does not have to come from school. It can come from media, books and other sources. A good example is how some Chinese call US "American Empire" (translated). By doing so it reminds people of empirialism and suggests that US is trying to conquer the world.

Victims can become killer, and killer can become victims. It has been shown countless time through out human history. Just look at the European history and Asian's history. It is not a big surprise. Plus, the analogy is kind of wrong because most of the real victims and killers are not alive anymore. It is 60 years ago, and things have changed a lot.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
enough! i am tried of debating with people like you!
what would you expect people to do except protest and sign their names when japan is changing their history book and try to avoid responsibility!!!??? you call this the result of hatred education!?

i say it again! self reflection is waht japanese people need!

out

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join