It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Step by step OBE

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This is mainly for those who've had or do have OBE's

I'm curious if any of you have gathered the steps from the beginning to end of an OBE. For instance, what is the first clue you are about to have one and so on..until the end? I'm mainly asking because I had a very strange obe yesterday..it was different then other times..

Are the steps always the same each time you have one? Or am I the only one to take notice? Please, only serious replies here from those who *do* astral project..
Thank you~

arc

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
lol magestica, I forgot what forum I was in and thought you were talking about OBE's as in the awards the Queen gives for public service. And you've had several?!

sorry I haven't had anything I'd class as a major obe, but I know personally that anything slightly odd that happens to me is usually heralded by a couple of days of unexplained dark moods, slight weepiness and intense introspection. My senses seem generally heightened and I start thinking far back and ahead a lot more

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well, most of my OOBE's happened when I was already asleep and became lucid in my dreams.

But once I was half asleep half awake (hypnagogic), but I couldn't get out. So I asked for help and got pulled out. Right now I'm not gonna say by whom though(I might have said it earlier already).

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I honestly don't know if there is such a thing as some sure-fire technique to get yourself 'astral'...or a technique that is uniform across people...rather see it as something as unique as the individual experiencing it, for ultimately its about projection of consciousness...YOUR consciousness...and each individuals consciousness is of course different - so too will be the techniques used.

For me...hard to say...I experienced them from a young age...they were something that just happened, without trying, and normally without my initiation of them.

They principally happened during dreaming...for me, dreams were the door way - actually literally in later life - as I mentioned somewhere here before about Lucid Dreaming, and the construction of a 'doorway' within the Lucid Dream...the doorway being an 'iconic' dream representation of passage to the outside...outside of course being outside of yourself/body. Explaining all that again would take pages...so maybe at a later time.

But what I do feel helps is to have some form of drive...something to spur yourself into doing it, a spark, a reason...purpose. For me often that purpose was protection. I don't know if I've shared this with you before Mags, but protection of loved ones tends be what initiates incredibly powerful OBEs for me...to date I have had 3 such OBEs.

1 was initiated by myself...outside of sleep also...by quickly meditating and willing my consciousness to someones side to protect them from 2 spiritual assailants. In my mind I saw 2 people, where they were standing, what they were doing...and in my mind I defended this person against one of them who attempted to attack her (interestingly the other merely watched and berated me). I fought, in my mind, the one who was attempting to attack her, until I released the attacker and both the entities left. After that I spoke with this person about what had happened...she had sensed exactly what I had sensed. I had never been to this persons place, yet could describe the room she was sitting it (where this all happened) EXACTLY...so...to me that is proof it happened as I saw 'in my mind'.

Another time I defended my sister from a Spirit Attacker that had come for me, and then my mother. Speaking with my sister afterwards, she said that night it happened she had felt 'something' descending from the sky in the EXACT region I had seen it in my mind, and it moved exactly how I had seen it. She said she also felt someone else was there driving it away. That was me.

Another was actually just recently...which I may share with you sometime...

But yeah...it hinges on purpose...the drive to do it...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I think you all misunderstood what I am asking. And that's my fault, because I don't think I really made it that clear *sorry*..

I'm not wanting the technique or steps to *get* be to obe. I want to know the steps as one starts. I want to know if everyones steps *during* an obe are pretty much the same each time and compared to other peoples steps. Here is an example:

1) Feeling as though you are sinking
2) becoming paralized
3)May or may not hear a sound(breaking away)
4) Feeling very light and detatched
5)floating
6) Out completely
*of course 1&2 can go hand in hand and this is just a vague description of the steps*

So my question is; Are these steps pretty much the same for all of you? *Especially* during a planned OBE?
Or are yours different somewhat or completely different?

Pretty much all of my OBE's have these same steps, but this recent one was different, it was way off!! Here's what happened. I was laying in bed, going to sleep. The next thing that happened was a VERY loud sound. I can only describe it as sounding like someone ripping or crumbling paper over a microphone, combined with a loud pounding, or banging sound and distant voices(I was completely alone, noone was in the house with me)
So these sounds I heard in my sleep woke me, but when I opened my eyes I realized I could not move. I was laying flat yet, I felt as though I was tilted and I could see the bedroom door instead of the ceiling?? I turned my *I'm assuming* astral body back into my physical body, because then I could see the ceiling. Yet I was still seemingly in obe, because still could not move and heard the sounds, yet fading..I also felt like I was not breathing during this entire process. And when I finally regained myself I jumped up gasping for my breath and going all through the house searching for the sounds and where they may have come from. I can say, I almost SWEAR someone was in the house during all of that. That's about as good as I can think to explain it folks. Now I have obe'd for nearly 20 years and the only other time I had anything close to this experience, was one of the worst and horrific obe's I've ever had. This one, was nearly along the same lines..

So can anyone explain for me, or try to?
Mags

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I have not had an obe yet, but I get that tearing sound when I have ingested alot of magic mushrooms. It feels like there is an inside me and an outside me and they are out of sync.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   
There is Astral Projection (OBE) and then there is Soul Travel, for the sake of argument it is more akin to an NDE except you do not die. It is claimed that during such an event the body enters a state in which breathing, heart rate and all other functions slow down maintaining the minimum required to sustain life.

In such an experience your spirit has become detached from your body.

This capacity is known but it is understood from very ancient sources there is very little with respect to the subject currently available.

Majestica I am not certain this is what you went though but to be honest there are parallels, with respect to what you are describing and what I have just
explained.

Tell me about the other event which frightened you and when it was with respect to the other OBE's you have had?

What I can tell you for certain is this much. What I have just described is supposed to be possible it is knowledge which is alleged to have been suppressed.

[Edited on 21-7-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Uh, yes to all your steps.

In the past I practiced astral travel. There is the feeling of heaviness, then paralisys once you are free of your body-at this time, I was able to 'see' myself sitting or what ever I was doing prior....I also would see the silver cord upon liftoff (pun)...

Once I involuntarily reentered my body, I was paralyzed for a few agonizing minutes: I could not blink an eye, move a finger, speak. Nothing. Yet I knew where I was and could see and hear.

I stopped after one of these lovely encounters....

p.s. The sounds may come from entities that may manifest once you open a door/portal for them....you travel in the spirit realm, sometimes you bring home stowaways!

IMHO:

[Edited on 21-7-2003 by Tyriffic]

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 01:56 AM
link   
My personal experience never belonged here..There was a *reason* I never posted it for all eyes to read and try to decifer. Noone but me could have ever understood. I apologize for pressuring anyone here to DO that..

However, I appreciate all efforts and time taken in trying to decode and help guide me into more of an understanding..This has certainly been acheived. And thus the true journey begins for me..
Peace
Mags

[Edited on 12/19/03 by magestica]

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Magestica....I suppose you must ask yourself whether these experiences are healthy or unhealthy for your spiritual growth.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 03:35 AM
link   
You hit the nail on the head! That is exactly what I wonder.

And the only way to know is to learn from yourself and decide for yourself and go with your own instincts when searching for your own understanding and personal truths.
Peace in your journey to understanding.
Magestica

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
You hit the nail on the head! That is exactly what I wonder. Sometimes, I think it might be, and sometimes I think it isn't..when will I ever know, that is the true question..

You obviously can relate..and I almost feel for you, but at the same time, it is relieving to know that I'm not all by myself in this type of experience..
Thank you much for your thoughts...
Magestica

Well, don't feel too sorry for me, lol, I am done with that world now.

I had to take stock of what I was doing and what it was doing to me- I found that I did not feel right about much of it and the events that came along with those practices terrified me at times.

Like I said-no religion here- just remember that you open doors when you travel.......

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Magestica,

I know I am late on this thread (long weekend) but my "steps" are much like yours with a slight "twist".

2) becoming paralized
3) "electric pulse"/vibration (intense throughout the body)
4) Feeling very light and detatched
5) floating
6) Out completely

These are my normal steps weather planned or not. I have never had an OBE like yours. I would have to say yes I agree that there is some sort of spiritual struggle. However, I have a hard time with this as I have struggled spiritually for over 15 years, and I have never had anything like that in an OBE.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
No. the steps are not always the same for me. I know some people always go thru the same methodical approach. But it's never the same way twice for me.

The weird noises at the time of separation are normal. It's simply the noise you hear when the astral body separates from the physical body. Some people hear it some don't.

As for dark forces being attached to you, this can easily happen if you allow yourself to dwell in a dark personal space too long. This is especially dangerous when you are undergoing a physical operation & you're in a dark mood at the same time. Expelling the dark forces attached to you by entering thru the hole that is opened during your physical incision(s) is much more difficult.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I definitely appreciate your thoughts..I know it's alot to digest, and like I said, I don't expect anyone to give me my own abswers..

Thanks
Mags

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
When a person has inherent paranormal abilties which manifest themselves early in life a very important issue is what are the innate limitations of these capacities.

Which in your case could include what I brought up

The ages you mentioned with respect to maturation is a matter of relevance as these are times in your life when your body is going through changes (hormonal). I would not be so presumptuous as to ask your age at present, but its possible that if you are in your middle 30s or late 40s this is a factor.

Looking at your experiences from the standpoint of a loss of control is not really a perspective I consider acurate rather, what you experienced was an expression (loosely) what is essentially can be defined as your limitations. This meaning that without any traning or preparation which places an emphasis on controling your skills, this is you at your best with respect to applying your paranormal abilties.

Given the manner in which you are discussing the person you made contact with it seems that his existence is related to the present. Its not really impossible to say such an individual does exist.

Soul travel is allegedly still taught such people in certain circles are known as Shadow Warriors.

What I would recomend is that the next time this happens while in this state and still at home, try to phsically move things around the house (furniture and or items which are always in a certain place). In this way when you wake up and find them displaced is highly likely your experience was more than a normal OBE.

Here is the thing though accourding to what legend implies a person versed in this ability can leave there body for several days at a time.

And if someone caring for the body even longer.

Any thoughts?

[Edited on 22-7-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Tyriffic will you please teach me how to do OBE's. I find all paranormal abilities very interesting.

Magestica i have an idea for you to try. In one of the movie Nightmare on Elm Street 3 they talk about dream powers. I know it is a movie but it cant hurt to try out the idea. Well each person could do stuff in their dreams that they wanted to do in real life. It is kind of like lucid dreaming and being able to do whatever you want, but you have one ability in your dream. If you rent the movie you might understand what i am saying better. The rest of the nightmare on elm street movies are also fun to watch.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Makes a great deal of sense that the ages that stand out in my mind are connected to hormonal fluctuations (especially being that I am female) And yes, I'm 30 now..

I do now recall reading somewhere about soul travel. But I don't think it was ever called that where I read it. It just hit me when you mentioned that they can leave for days. I *think* I read this in a shamanism book I have.

So do you think that when a person soul travels that they travel back in time? Or would it be more the present time? And why would one do this? What is to be gained? If this is relating to my experiences and there is knowledge to be gained..then why haven't I really gained any, or learned anything? I'm more confused about it, then feeling I've gained knowledge of some sort? Maybe I'm just not seeing it yet?

I will try next time it happens to move things around. But for the most part I usually bypass my room or home and travel elsewhere. If I'm in my home, it seems like I'm immediately zapped from there to another place, which almost seems like another era sometimes. (that's why I asked about traveling back in time)

Well I've certainly consumed your thoughts on this one..As I'm pretty much in a state of awe and wonder at these experiences...So thank you for sharing what you think about it all.
Magestica

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Soul traveling is really no different that becoming the proverbial Ghost with exception that your body is not dead. With anything else there is give and take and in this case with respect to legends, while as a soul traveler is outside his or her body some amount of substance is still maintained. As a result picking up an object, making your presence known and interacting with other's all are supposed to be possible.

As mentioned knowledge of this capacity has been for the most part suppressed in today's world. From what I understand the reasons related to the idea that if the masses at large applied such a capacity, the world as we understand it would simply not exist. In its place would have been a society who primary focus was to explore with respect to its environment the limits of this capacity (which according to the stories goes beyond anything we today have accomplished with technology).

Like most forms of paranormal capacity this ability was treated as evil and inherently dangerous. One could consider the potential threat from the same perspective but more than anything else this capacity threatened instututionalism and the need for market economies.

I want to stress that what I am about to say is with respect to legends Japanese, American Indian and Polynesian cultures have in history claimed this was possible:

As an individual applied this technique more and more the body/mind connections becomes more accustomed to intricacies and nuances of this experience, as a result the body begins to change. One could say that with respect to physics that just like a baby learning to walk, an individual as a whole learns to operate in this medium.

With time and consistent practice the person as a whole no longer can just perceive and interact with reality from the perspective of the particle state, but also from the perspective of the wave state. In essence the legends claim that such an individual has the inherent capacity to physically convert from matter to energy at will.

With respect to Toltec Mysticism and legend this is well known as a factor.

Any thoughts?

PS:Yes travel into the past is possible and would also like to point out that such as what we are discussing is eveident in Christian as well as Buddhst systems of beleif (an example being when Jesus was seen talking to Moses and Elijah by the apostles).

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
2) becoming paralized
3)May or may not hear a sound(breaking away)

Well, I've had these 3 symptons quite often........never thought it coud be the start of an OBE though.....interesting.

The problem is whenever the loud sound comes (it is very much how you describe it) I wake up terrified, and it goes no further.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join