It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people mourning the Pope?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
What is it about the pope that people look up to so much? I just don't get it. Honestly, I don't see the need for any man believing he's been sent by a "God" (singular) to spread a message. Especially when he emphasises one god. Who are you to say old man what is right and what is wrong? What is truth and what is false? In fact, I'm beginning to think all religions are deterioting. If not now, very soon indeed. I think the pope is some figure man created to steer away people from learning the truth. I find the pope laughable and pathetic.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
"Especially when he emphasizes one God"-what is meant by this?

There is only one God, and no matter what "religion" one follows it leads to him. I love it when people who are supposedly religious say the ole "My God" statement.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Maybe they are mourning him because he was a good man, who did a lot to change the world.
I gather he was the instigator of many of the Eastern European revolutions that lead to the fall of Communism.

Small people try and tear down those who have done big things.

[edit on 1-4-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

There is only one God, and no matter what "religion" one follows it leads to him. I love it when people who are supposedly religious say the ole "My God" statement.

All religions lead to who? The POPE? ::laughs uncontrollably::

Seriously, I don't see why, if that is in fact true. I'm speaking as someone who has been raised christian, and then...I saw the light. Forced doctrines as a young child almost crippled me socially and emotionally. Be free of all this foolishness and open your mind to all sides of life and reach a logical conclusion to what the true purpose of life is. Don't be fixated in a man with a giant shiny hat. Me follow him? No thanks. I never stated or implied in my post that my beliefs are above everyone elses, I just see from my point of view, something terribly wrong when people in masses flock to hear the pope's "true word of god" and be fascinated or entranced by his "powerful charisma" thinking he's some kind of savior! ::shakes head::

Search for knowledge, truth, and freedom.

You won't get all three from any pope.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Maybe they are mourning him because he was a good man, who did a lot to change the world.
I gather he was the instigator of many of the Eastern European revolutions that lead to the fall of Communism.

Small people try and tear down those who have done big things.

Sorry, but in all my years I cannot recall at any moment when the pope has changed the world significantly for the better. Other than giving people something to "believe in", there's nothing impressive about him. For the pope to pose as some savior who holds god's true words, is simply ridiculous. The pope is simply a fake. A corrupt man who breeds corruption. A man who is incredibly delusional.

Another thing, why should I feel compelled to call a man "FATHER". Excuse me, how dare you to put yourself that high a position of authority. I won't call you father unless you can show me some kind of divine proof you were sent by god himself.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
IF you were to research who the true pope is .....His real name is Karol Wojtyla.

He only became Pope after teh suspicious assasination of Pope John Paul I in 1978

He used to work for IG farben (manufactureers of Zyklon B) before he joined the church .

All are facts look them up.

May John Paul II rot in hell.

All a matter fo record.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
If it wasnt for the pope the united states would not recognize Croatia. He came here and begged them to recognize us and for someone to stop the genocide.

Best pope ever.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I’m really surprised to see this level of immaturity coming form this thread. It’s sad…

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This just shows how much importance some poeple place on a person. And then they also talk about worshipping false Gods and Idols and how it is a sin.

Wouldn't there energy and devotion be better spent on other things then a person spending his last hours on earth?

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Yeah the Pope almost dies every week. But when he oes go then I'll mourn.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I second that.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1wintermute1
IF you were to research who the true pope is .....His real name is Karol Wojtyla.

He only became Pope after teh suspicious assasination of Pope John Paul I in 1978

He used to work for IG farben (manufactureers of Zyklon B) before he joined the church .

All are facts look them up.

All a matter fo record.

As someone who's read up a lot on all the conspiracy theories surrounding the Catholic Church and religion, I quickly looked that one up since I'ver never heard it before.

Very interesting stuff.

Zyklon B was a drug used on the Jews.
en.wikipedia.org...

IG Farben was a company that worked with the Nazis to help them out. And were all basically prosecuted and didn't declare bankruptcy until 2003 oddly enough.
en.wikipedia.org...

Regarding the connection, I only show around 27 google links for the phrase..

www.google.com...

Showing it could have been started by as few as 1 or 2 people or could have been massively covered up. I'm still skeptical.

I think a more interesting search would be..

www.google.com...

By digging into that well, there is a conspiracy that the Bush family actually takes more of a liking toward the Muslims than the Jews. Which if the whole Prescott funding the Nazis theory is true, would make more sense.

I always wondered why Hitler didn't seem to really touch the muslim countries. But that would seem like a really bizarre twist. War on terrorism (radical muslims) yet you hate jews.

So if all this interlocking speculation is true, he was a knight of malta and so are the bushes, and he didn't care for the jews, and so do the bushes, I guess it could be safe to say that the Jews are in trouble.

Perhaps that is why Gore picked a jewish VP against Bush Jr. At the same time, if the Bushes are so powerful, how did senior lose to Clinton. If they are going around stealing elections, manipulating the world, etc., why not then.

Just a lot of in the air, mental scrambling. Throw enough unsupported stuff out there and people will give up either way.

What proof do you have he was tied to the company? If you can't trust him, how can you trust the people on 27 google links?

It was entertaining nonetheless.

[edit on 1-4-2005 by Lord Altmis]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I’m really surprised to see this level of immaturity coming form this thread. It’s sad…

I have not seen any form of immaturity here. Maybe searching for the truth causes me and others to be a little passionate.

I just found this link when doing a bit of "googling":

www.wiolawapress.com...

This just further confirms my suspicions that he is not a "man of god", but entirely something else. Something more sinister.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
This just shows how much importance some poeple place on a person. And then they also talk about worshipping false Gods and Idols and how it is a sin.

Wouldn't there energy and devotion be better spent on other things then a person spending his last hours on earth?

No one worships the pope.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
With all the scandal surrounding Catholic Priests and child molestation, the fact that it has apparently continued for so long and covered up by catholic administration can only mean that the Pope knew about it and either did nothing or ordered the continued cover up of the issue instead of tackling it and putting an end to it. As a result, I do not think this Pope is a good man at all and really could care less what happens to him.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia

Originally posted by kinglizard

I have not seen any form of immaturity here. Maybe searching for the truth causes me and others to be a little passionate.

I just found this link when doing a bit of "googling":

www.wiolawapress.com...

This just further confirms my suspicions that he is not a "man of god", but entirely something else. Something more sinister.

Too be honest I didn't really get the solarized photos.

I did think this link was interesting for a perspective on the other side of the coin.

www.news24.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The lack of tact and character in this thread is stunning. Can we possibly allow the man to die without everyone that has a bone to pick with him stoking the fire? He has done a lot of good in his lifetime. This documented fact that was brought up about him not being the real pope is well, provided without documents or facts. Please, hold your petty agendas at bay for the time being and let the man die in peace. Having class will get you a lot further in life then defaming a man on his death bed.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1wintermute1

That comment is absolutely bloody disgraceful, and is inflamatory and above all is down right disrespectful!

He is a human being, for crying out loud! He has done more for the world than many of our 'leaders', and you say rot in hell?

He is on his deathbed; he deserves our respects.

And in case you are thinking of denouncing me as a bible basher, I will say right now that I am NOT a religious person. I just have respect for a man in his final hours, you should too, whether you be Catholic, Muslim, or a bloody Druid.

Your ignorance is staggering. I pity you.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I think I'm a logical person. So I'd like to believe there are two sides to every coin. If a man is dying and 90% of the world is saying he was a great man and 10% of the world are saying he wasn't, I want to know why the 10% don't feel the same way as the majority.

That is what this entire website was founded on. There are tons of great threads representing the 90%, this happens to be the one that represents the 10%. Better to have the 10% here than there ruining all the positive threads.

Just don't read this one. In respect to the previous posters thread, I think if he honestly believes the Pope worked for a company that basically poisened jews in concentration camps and worked with hitler, I think it's fair to say he should rot in hell.

Now in regards to the evidence on that, I can't personally find any. But from a logical standpoint I can understand his feelings. Perhaps that poster was jewish, maybe has jewish friends, maybe has met holocaust victims, maybe he has evidence, I have no clue.

Be it as it may, this is the 10% thread as far as I'm concerned. You have to have a very open mind and not take things personal. Regardless of the circumstances.

[edit on 1-4-2005 by Lord Altmis]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I find it really sickening that one would make this comment about anyone. I dont see the pope as being anyone special, but i do see him as a human being. I have nothing against him at all... And i dont why anyone else would either. This being said, why would you make such an evil comment?

Is there such much personal evil and hatred running through your heart that you cant even feel for someone who is sick?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join