It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weise story on MSNBC featuring Abovetopsecret

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I have encoded and uploaded a copy of the MSNBC segment on Jeff Weise that showed the Abovetopsecret website.

There is a slight hissing sound in the background but it's still watchable.
If anyone into video editing wants to get rid of the hissing and reupload it feel free to do so and post the link to the corrected video.

Abovetopsecret-Weisse-MSNBC
10MB

I had recorded it the night it aired but I needed to reinstall my OS in order to get my video capture card working.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
thanks for posting this, damn this is kind of scary, sadly this coverage will now mean many new members signing up to check out 'the weird conspiracy site on the net'

[edit on 3-4-2005 by UK Wizard]

JAK

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Good post AceOfBase, it brought to my attention this animation I was not aware of...

I wasn't sure whether to post this, I still am not sure but here it is.

Here is a link where the animation "Target Practice" Jeff Weise posted in October 2004 can be found.

www.thesmokinggun.com...

It is stunning. Makes you think... what I haven't figured out yet. But it does.

Jack

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Amazing find, Ace. Thanks for posting that. I have to be honest with you guys, when this happened, I was on the verge of dropping ATS because I began to wonder how many other sick minds are on the board and if I wanted to be a part of this...

Lately, I do a lot more lurking than particpating because this thing scared the sh*t out of me.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This is very sad, and i'm sadden by what has happened. We must look for other individuals who are troubled, and help them.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It's publicity...but can also be a bad one. If the feds or gov. find or create reasons to shut it down... it will be. I think i going to be a bit careful about what I post...

Look how the associate this Weise incident with ATS... (negative publicity)

It's all a matter of time...

I hope it does not come to that.

We need more Positive Publicity...

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Any publicity is good publicity no matter how negative. Many people watch that show and I’m sure we will get a lot of hits despite it being portrayed as a "negative." People will come to the site and realize that it isn’t the kind of place they thought and will probably join.

Second, It was funny how Keith conveniently left out that that Weise was not responsible for that threat that was made a year prior to that. Weise said that they thought it was him because of the way he dressed and looked. He went on to say that despite looking like the typical “goth” he had nothing to do with it. (who knows if Weise is telling the truth) but still it is interesting to see how MSNBC twisted it up a bit.

[edit on 3-4-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well ATS finally made the mainstream, although in a pretty depressing way. My personal prediction, ATS is going to have in influx of new members roughly consisting of 95% trolls. Our November 3rd records are going to be shattered.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I was depressed once, and posted on this Site. I do not want to be labeled and doomed as some killer, like Weise

I would never do such things, and you can bet the Feds are really looking into this site now & probably don't like what they see.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy
I was depressed once, and posted on this Site. I do not want to be labeled and doomed as some killer, like Weise

I would never do such things, and you can bet the Feds are really looking into this site now & probably don't like what they see.

I used to be very depressed a few years ago. Now, i am less depressed than back then. I am not sure if this will work for you, but I made a decision not to be drepressed anymore and do something meaningful for myself. I realized that regardless how I feel and/or I am, the rest of the world or people still going about their business...of their everyday life.

One thing I can say to myself is that it's ok to selfish (sometime or most of the time or all the time) or think about myself first than think about others. If I am not happy with myself how can I help others be happy.

For example, How can I give someone a Dollar, if I only have a Cent in my pocket?...Even if i had one Dollar, I probably choose or not choose to give it away...for I probabley would needed.

So, LiquidationOfDiscrepancy stay Focus and Grounded.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I guess it's good ATS has the new joining methods.. Or atleast I think it does.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
If you are depressed and want to help yourself get out of a depressive state without medication, I would recommend three things:

Exercise Regularly
Have More Sex
Drink more water

I have found that once you do these things you can start to climb out from your hole.

[edit on 3-4-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Event Horizon
Exercise Regularly
Have More Sex
Drink more water

Exercise and drinking water are both good advice, but more sex, may, or may not, be good advice depending on a lot of social and intrapsychic factors. Those who are clinically depressed often lose interest in formerly enjoyable activities, including sex, and going through the motions is not necessarily going to help. Also, engaging in sexual activity is not good advice to those who are not psychologically mature enough for such and the myriad consequences and can, in itself, lead to depression and lowered self-respect.

The best advice for those who are depressed is to seek professional help.

As far as Jeff Weise is concerned, I think the kid was a genius. It's a shame that a child with his talent can be surrounded by adults and go as far astray as he did. Now, an entire community and even a nation must live with the consequences. Jeff Weise was pure potential and how that potential was used was the responsibility of all those adults who came into contact with him everyday. Jeff Weise reminds us that child neglect kills.

[edit on 05/4/8 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Because I haven't seen it, I won't comment on the MSNBC segment concerning the bizarre tragic shooting incident, but Target Practice was amazingly awful and yet brutally true.

And I agree with you Grady:

Jeff Weise was pure potential and how that potential was used was the responsibility of all those adults who came into contact with him everyday.

Jeff W. had a gift, but no appropriate mentorship was provided. Of course you can't just blame 'the elders', in some respect, we are all guilty of turning away from those who need love and encouragement.

How you choose to view this tragic event and the publicity connected through this website is your prerogative... Personally, I don't feel ashamed about being on ATS.

top topics

join