It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Can't Log In! Help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
For the last year I've had no problem with ATS at all, then last week for some reason I was unable to log into ATS. The page loaded fine, I could access the forums etc but was just unable to log in. When I enter my details it just refreshes the page but I am still not logged in. I can log in at work and on other computers in my house (which all run off the same router) but on just mine I am unable to log in. I have deleted my cookies and temp files etc. I have tried getting on with IE and Opera but no success.

Please Help!

JAK

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Seeing as attempts to log in are sucessful from other computers, could this be a case of cookies not being accepted on that particular machine?

Jack

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Well.if its worth anything I can see your post.so that means you are 'logged in'....lol

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Yes I am logged in now, I am using a work computer.

I have changed the settings on IE to default and still no success.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Any Mods around who could shine some light on the situation?!

JAK

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
You have set the IE settings to default, might it be though your firewall preventing cookies?

Jack

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I don't run a firewall. Internet is shared through a router, it's just weird how it suddenly stopped working. Had a bit of spyware on my computer which I cleared off, don't know if that may have done it?

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Are you sure you're using the correct password?

Have you installed any new programs lately, particularly ones related to Internet browsing or internet access? If so, uninstall them, reboot and see if that fixes the problem.

Have you installed a cookie manager lately? Check that it is not blocking ATS cookies.

Check your anti-spyware prog(s) and make sure that it is not blocking cookies or ATS cookies specifically.

Check your anti-virus software and make sure the auto file protect isn't blocking your cookie cache.

Is your computer shared? Make sure that no one else has installed a cookie blocking prog or firewall without your knowledge.

Windows XP has a default firewall.
As a last resort, if you are using XP or ME, go to "Help and Support" in the start menu and use "System Restore" store the system to a date when you know could log in to ATS. That usually fixes most unexplained little problems that arise.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Are you sure you're using the correct password? - Yes, I'm logged on now.

Have you installed any new programs lately, particularly ones related to Internet browsing or internet access? If so, uninstall them, reboot and see if that fixes the problem. - No I've just formatted and re-installed everything.

Have you installed a cookie manager lately? Check that it is not blocking ATS cookies. - No but no I dont see why they would suddenly become blocked.

Check your anti-spyware prog(s) and make sure that it is not blocking cookies or ATS cookies specifically. - No they're not, been using them for a while and never had problems before.

Check your anti-virus software and make sure the auto file protect isn't blocking your cookie cache. No Anti-virus software installed. (I don't trust them)

Is your computer shared? Make sure that no one else has installed a cookie blocking prog or firewall without your knowledge. - No just me who uses it.

Windows XP has a default firewall.
As a last resort, if you are using XP or ME, go to "Help and Support" in the start menu and use "System Restore" store the system to a date when you know could log in to ATS. That usually fixes most unexplained little problems that arise.
- This was the first thing I did - still no success

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Well aren't you in the poop then. Have no idea, but I'm no computer whizz. Wish I could help more.
Still sounds like a cookie issue.

Try posting again in the computer help forum in BTS. Lots of techies hang out there and they might not be noticing your thread here.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Thanks for the advice -

There's nothing more frustrating than not being able to log into ATS at home!

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Any MODS around who could help?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Quite funny - I've just got home and I can now log in? Hm....

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Good for you.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
i read every post and if i was here earlier i could have helped you since i am a computer genius like wecomeinpeace said earlier but good job

new topics

top topics

join