posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 11:50 AM
why keep it a secret?
if aliens exist why would the world governments say they have no knowledge if they do know all about it?
can anyone answer that?
Here we go...let me count the reasons....
1. The aliens may want it that way. Especially if keeping it secret means technology/other deals.
2. Social Unrest. When the public learns their government cannot keep them safe from an alien threat, general panic could ensue, creating a security
3. Religious Upheaval. Many religious institutions are firmly entrenched in government. The existence of aliens is not espoused by any major faith,
so the consequences of suddenly being proven wrong, could cause some unrest.
4. National Security. If we are the only country dealing with the aliens (i.e. the US), then we certainly wouldn't want others to know about it, now
5. Would you want the electorate to know there is an issue you are powerless to change? (i.e. abductions)
6. Maybe a stalemate has been reached...and upsetting the apple cart, could foil that state of affairs...if people started clamouring to meet them, an
end to the defensive stance, etc.
There are so many possible factors, it's hard to even know where to start...but it could certainly keep on going.....