It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Absolute Power of Christianity!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Stop forcing your beliefs on us

We've all heard it on here and in our day to day lives. Christianity, by being in the public square, is forcing its views on people. I find the use of the word "force" very interesting.

When people are saying that Christians having the Ten Commandments in the public square or sharing their faith is forcing their beliefs upon them, they're pretty much admitting Christianity is the Truth. If being exposed to it forces you to become a Christian, it must be the most powerful message ever to have been created (in my opinion, it is).

So I guess I agree, by Christians sharing the Gospel, they are, in fact, forcing their beliefs and God's will on you.

Now for the conspiracy aspect. If this Truth is so convincing to so many people, why is there such a concerted effort to silence it? We defend people like Robert Byrd and David Duke, who spouted hate in the KKK for so many years, yet we freak out if someone spouts love in the public arena. It seems really hypocritical if we don't factor in the fact that Christianity forces you to believe there is a right and wrong, and many people like to do wrong and feel justified doing so. So if a few people, such as THE scholars, can get together and create "a new fiction", as one of these enlightened and fair scholars said. An uncle of mine said he couldn't imagine the whole Seminar was working towards a goal of removing Christianity, but the more I look into it, the more it seems to be a large conspiracy to cover up the true message of Christianity. As of now, the "true" Jesus is remarkably like a college professor. You know, like most of THE scholars are (they call themselves THE scholars because they're the only ones who are wise enough to tell us Christianity is bunk).

So cover up the truth, but to what end? This question I leave to y'all, because I'm not sure. Why start a concerted effort to remove a message of peace and love from society through law and propaganda?

[edit on 20-6-2005 by John bull 1]

Edit: Finally fixed spelling in subject!

[edit on 12/3/2009 by junglejake]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Uh, yeah okay some atheist ninnies wanting to test case law "proves" the power of Christianity.
Why is outside justification so important to validate this belief system anyway? Some inherant weakness of the doctrine itself or just the personal failings and insecurities of the followers? Annnnyway...

Despite the rather recent appearance of all this public space idolatry you're so concerned with defending (mostly donated my a bunch of liberals in the 1960's -enjoy-), I think it's more from the offensive hyper-political tone of public space idolatry defenders that anyone is even rallied to "persecute you" ...as I'm sure you must feel I'm doing now much to your delight.

The reason you think the way you do and are so offensive about it though has much more to do with the post 1964 reformation of the right by Paul Weyrich than any Christian doctrine. As founder of the Heritage Foundation and forefather of the "Moral Majority" (he coined the term), he basically reinveted everything from the ground up with the merger of Christianity (formerly a predominantly liberal philosophy) and angry politics (always a right wing philosophy).

And of course, the rest is history...

Paul Weyrich, speaking in Dallas in 1980, captured the spirit of this new movement. He said,

"We are talking about Christianizing America. We are talking about simply spreading the gospel in a political context."

Jerry Falwell, who became the leader of the Moral Majority said: "get them saved, get them Baptized, and get them registered."

Thousands of fundamentalist preachers participated in political training seminars that year (you were looking for a conspiracy co-opting true Christianity right Jake?), and by June, more than two million voters had been registered Republican. Their goal was to register 5 million by November. In the 1980 elections, the newly politicized Religious Right succeeded in unseating five of the most liberal Democrat incumbents in the U.S. Senate, and provided the margin that helped Ronald Reagan defeat Jimmy Carter. The year 1980 was the year that a sleeping giant was awakened, and the political landscape of the United States was dramatically altered.

Or rather neo-history because you're taught now this is the way it's always been and America was supposed to be... but nothing could be further from the truth.

I'd be happy to show you why your neo-Church would probably tar and feather America's own founding fathers today for the beliefs they actually held (as opposed to what you've been told), but it never does any good.

And as for The Scholars, whom I take it you think just sound funny... I laugh when you talk about The COUNCIL or any of the esteemed shapers of ever evolving Christianity in much the same way.

As to a conspiracy, you're right. There is a conspiracy here. You're it. All of you.

Not all Christians, of course. I like Christians.

And I'm personally not offended by the public space idolatry of your politcal sect any more than if you put up statues of Zeus. It's all cute. But you were asking why people complain about your "forcing views" ...

It's really not the statues Jake. It's everything else about the conspiracy in which you find yourself immersed and constantly witnessing upon some rather fed up "persecutors."

"We are talking about Christianizing America. We are talking about simply spreading the gospel in a political context."

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I just finished reading nostradamus' prophecies and it doesn't look to good for Christian or Europeans anyways. When the Gauls & the Punics begin to mix blood the followers of Mohamet will overtake the Spain, France, Germany, & Briton.
This is already happening. Gauls (Blonde, blue eyed, green eyed central & northern Europe) Punics (Blacks, North Africa). Rome is over taken.
I wish I knew how to post pictures and quotes!

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I don't know if it's covering up the truth or rather simply ignoring it.

I think the problem may lie is that people both Christians and non-Christians can tell the difference between Christianity the faith and Christianity the religion.

Christianity the faith teaches to love one another, help your fellow man, serve others, turn the other cheek, etc.

Christianity the religion perverts the message of the faith. Religions and religious leaders like to pick and choose which doctrine to follow and how to "adapt" (re: interpret) those doctrines to fit within their lifestyle and the lifestyle of congregation.

It seems lately that the religious leaders and the psuedo-religious leaders (aka the political far right) is taking two steps backwards by forcing their policies (doctrines) upon the congregations and turning it into a political movement. At the same time, congregations are giving these leaders a great deal of power and influence and thus is it anyone's surprise that they become corrupt at some point?

There's nothing in the Bible that says that Christians are to be the voice of public policy. To me, it's akin to laziness. If everybody has to follow the same rules (doctrines), then the congregations don't have to make an effort to get out into the community and actually help those in need.

Personally, I don't see what the issue with the Ten Commandments being on display. I guess people don't like being told what to do. Most of the commandments deal with how we are to interact with our fellow man. Gasp - we are to respect them. How horrible it must be to respect others.

Love for yourself and your fellow man is the true gist of Christianity, but it's not practiced and even rarely preached. In the last 10+ years I have heard maybe five or six sermons dealing with the attributions of Christ's words in the Bible. Christ has always said, "if you love me, you would follow me." To follow Christ would require people to actually to do the things that are part of the Christian faith and not necessarily part of the Christian religion if it contradicts the faith.

Thus, the conspiracy may not be to cover up the truth of the Christianity faith, but rather ignore the part about Christ's true teachings and push the social and political agendas of those that subscribe to the Christianity religion and use it like a tool to serve their own means.

The early Catholic Church did that quite effectively and now anyone who claims to be a Christian, but do not follow the Christian faith, will believe when someone had the credential of being "religious" and thus, must be telling the truth.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Monkeyboy is dead on.

Christianity is evolving into a Political force. Faith in God is being manipulated into votes at the polling booth, and people are confusing salvation and God with political power and conservatism. they have become the Sheep, ready for shearing.

Ironic, that the mad rush toward salvation may end up damning them in the end.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The problem with Christianity absolute power is when it comes to the point to use it.

The biggest mistake was to worship two gods, the incarnated one and the divine one, because somebody had to make sure that it was a link to humanity.

Thats where Christianity absolute power comes from but even in this time and age, god and Christ has not been strong enough to come down to earth and prove the point.

It always has to be the "chosen ones" to give the message.

When I have a conversation with my creator, is it and me.

But Christianity absolute power has to be in control between the believer the Christ and the god.

To many middle men that want to hold that power, and I am starting to believe that the only reason is the church is trying to hold so much because it has nothing to hold anyway at the end but the poor misguided masses.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Since Jake is fulfilling the fundie obligation to spread their word on the internet, it is only fitting they receive back an education on their pagan theology.

Christianity is nothing more than a continuation of the evolution of religion, seized upon by a few to write one more new page to same, drown out the previous phase of evolution; Judaism and rest power of the people from same. In other words, it was politically motivated, so much so it was backed by an emperor who hated Judaism and having control of the tiny piece of the world at the time, had not much difficulty leap-frogging this pagan religion to the front.

Christianity does not believe in the God responsible for our creation, he has been replaced by another, just as all previous Gods were ousted in the 6,000 year old evolution. And even this new god, is in danger of being replaced by his mother.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Good post , I think the response to the fact we protect or stand up for people with convictions of hatred is ...........well we as a people seem to be interested in those things we ourselves wouldnt do because of morality's pull.

The human race is facinated with strife , and suffering because they think they can beat it....with their will.

I however only see the human race as self-destructive in this venture to over come. The determination man can fix anything has lead man to place himself above God in a sense and that is why they dont like being reminded they are smaller than any being.

Christianity is just a scape goat....Christianity reminds man he wouldnt be here with out the intervention of a superior being, that insults man and they have resolved to over come this barrier in hopes of being on top when they never can. The Human race will only realize this when it is in their face and it wont be by another man's claim that God is Superior, but by God proclaiming it with a shout and with a power that man cant over come.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I agree that Christianity has the absolute power... to control the masses, that is!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I say it like this:

You ain't got much of a religion if it requires the force of law to get people to follow it.

OK, who put the bible in this ballot box?

[edit on 15-3-2005 by Al Davison]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
JJ
You certainly hit on one thing I didnt notice before. The largest complaint you hear from liberals is that christians should keep it inside the 4 walls of the church. They dont want it following them out in the public square or in the court room or class room or TV or.....

Why? Its not like christianity is front and center everywhere. But whenever the least little bit shows up, people go nutz. There is plenty of other stuff being FORCED on society. Pick up the paper, turn on the TV. There are million dollar ad campaigns and political agendas being rammed down your throat and you take it lying down.
Along comes christianity with a little bit of convicting by the Holy Spirit and you fly into a rage against it.

hmm

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I dont know where else i can get this out, so i will do it here...

First of all, Christianity has obvious power with many things... And whether or not someone is Christian is totally their business, its their life... their choices and decisions.

One thing that pisses me off more than anything else is when one person ruins things for all of the rest. Using the ten commandments monument thing as an example, if someone isnt Christian, and they dont beleive what is said on that monument, DONT LOOK AT IT. Its not hard to turn the other way. not only that, it doesnt matter what religion you are, the ten commandments are great things for anyone to live by.

if someone was to move to a major hindu (Just using this as an example) area, and they complained about the religious monuments, the people there would tell them to deal with it, or leave. Thats how it should be everywhere. People should be allowed to beleive and worship whatever they want, wherever they want to. That monument is hurting NOBODY. Nobody is FORCED to look at it. People are so sensitive these days i cant stand it.

Freedom of religion means FREEDOM of religion.

Sorry if i messed up in a few places, im sure you can figure out my point.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
They never converted me!!!! I'm indifferent

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
antigov

so, you'd be OK with us putting up an equal size monument to Satan worship?

how about if every religion gets to put up their own monuments of the same size - that would be at least a couple of hundred but, that would be OK, right? Nobody would be forced to look at them. I guess the atheists would get to put up their monument, too. Uh, oh. I see a problem, though. It wouldn't be constitutionally correct to limit it to only religious groups since that property belongs to everybody so, we'd have to allow every man, woman, and child the right to put up a monument. But, what about people who couldn't afford to pay for their monuments? Money is not speech so, we'd need a government program to pay for the monuments for every person but, the government would not be allowed to pay for the religious monuments unless they were willing to pay for all of them.

Hmmm...it's a good plan but there are some details to work out, I guess. Still, people could maintain their right to look or not look so, it seems to be fundamentally sound.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Al is right, why not put a monument of satan up then?

By the way, its mostly the christian groups who complain about the stuff on tv....so you tell us not to look at the momument, tell ur christian brothers not to look at the dam tv! This is another example of christians being hypocritical. What they want to show us is fine, if we dont like it look away.
If we show them something they dont like, it must be banned, burned and disregarded by all.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Hehehe. I can tell you this: if I had known Janet Jackson's breast was gonna pop out, I surely would have looked away! That was one ugly sight!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Yeah that was a wardrobe malfunction.....LMAO

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
actually, what I really think when I hear all this "public display of the Ten Commandments" stuff is: Good grief! There's only 10 of them for cracking ice! Are you telling me that you can't remember 10 things?! I mean, really! You're afraid you might forget one?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Al Davison

I think your missing my point... My main point behind saying everything that i said is that people are too sensitive... If you see something like that and it doesnt concern you, and really isnt offensive in any way...meaning it doesnt directly put you down. Then turn your head, and just keep going about your life... There is enough drama in the world as it is, last thing we need is everyone walking around pitching a ***** because they saw something they disagree with. And to answer your question, on a personal level. I could care less if i saw people worshipping something dedicated to satan. lol. I do understand everything ur saying, but i was exaggerating when i made that statement... and i was slightly pissed off too. lol.
But its all good... people, just do your own thing, and let other people do theirs, everyone in this world is different. It will always be that way. DEAL WITH IT!

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by antigovFZ777
Al Davison

I think your missing my point... My main point behind saying everything that i said is that people are too sensitive... If you see something like that and it doesnt concern you, and really isnt offensive in any way...meaning it doesnt directly put you down. Then turn your head, and just keep going about your life... There is enough drama in the world as it is, last thing we need is everyone walking around pitching a ***** because they saw something they disagree with. And to answer your question, on a personal level. I could care less if i saw people worshipping something dedicated to satan. lol. I do understand everything ur saying, but i was exaggerating when i made that statement... and i was slightly pissed off too. lol.
But its all good... people, just do your own thing, and let other people do theirs, everyone in this world is different. It will always be that way. DEAL WITH IT!

Your saying that people should be tolerant of other people and mind their own business. But I keep seeing things on T.V. where Christians are being intolerant of homosexuals. Personaly, I feel that if two people want to be gay I could care less and its none of my business. Shoudln't the same rules apply here?

[edit on 2-5-2005 by Charlie Murphy]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join