It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIG BROTHER COMES TO WAL-MART

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Starting this week, the nation's largest discount retailer will quietly begin selling tracking-chipped products to clueless shoppers. The first volley in their war against our privacy is set to start at their Brockton, Massachusetts store.

Wal-Mart will put Radio Frequency I.D. sensors on shelves stocked with RFID-tagged Gillette products, but they'd rather you didn't know about it, because, hey, you might not like it, and then you might make noise and then they'd have a big PR mess on their hands.

Rest of story here.

Now this one is DISTURBING!!

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Here is another link talking about it. This is an uban legends page (ie. it debunks urban legends). However it lists this as TRUE!

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
ick. another good reason to avoid the heck out of Wal-Mart. that store is the epitome of evil.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Why would they track razors?Or is this a small step to chipping all products in the future.If you think about it this could be the future of tracking everything you do and everywhere you go.
Things are really moving faster and faster to one world government and banking system.
Walmart is the biggest or at least one of the biggest shopping places in the country.What a perfect place to test this system.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Benneton (sp?) Clothing Company began doing this a few months ago but when people found out they flipped out. These RF things are the size of a pinhead and can be literally embedded into plastics or sewn into clothes making them virtually undetectable. This is a scary turn of events. My understanding is that the EU is going to use roll these out into everything soon, though I am not sure if this is true or not. In the US this seems a wonderful fantasy come true for John Ashcroft and the Patriot Act lovers.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Holy Crap, I didn't know they could do that. So all of this is really actually happening? What would happen if the press heard about this?

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
OK!!! Thats it!! Everybody Boycott Wal-Mart!!

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Thats crazy. But a razor would be perfect for a first test would would suspect it. In clothing wou would and like electronics but razor?? Im heading out to live in Omish(sp) country who wants to jump on the wagon

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
WE Teamsters have had WalMart in our sights for a while. They are not the employee-friendly store the commercials try to make you think.

Stone the Heathen!!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
i saw a story on tv about that recently and Walmart said they were doing that to keep track of inventory.
I thought that most stores were starting something similar. Why would they really give a hoot who bought a razor? I mean i really think we are all really cool people but I hardly think that we are worthy of the money it would take to "watch" us. I mean seriously, the hype that it is causing is really kinda , well ..silly.

[Edited on 9-7-2003 by MarkosOrrealus]

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Johndoesnot rises from bed, imprints his palm to enter the Ether, brushes his teeth and gathers his instructions for the day.................

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
But mark its getting cheaper for them to watch us and im freaking out because i know it wont stop there its a slippery slope. If we allow this it will slowly grow worse

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well,
Say you buy your razor with a credit/debit card, or write a check. (who uses cash anymore these days?) Wal-Mart now knows who bought a razor, and can then "suggest" replacement blades or shaving cream with a direct mail coupon offer. On one hand, not too scary, because Amazon does the same thing.
On the other hand, when these little bitty things start appearing in everything, it's not going to be for inventory control or marketing purposes anymore.
I think that bit by bit, these things are going to show up on more stuff we buy. It's like getting into a cold swimming pool; ease in your toe, then up to your knees, etc etc ...
until you're used to it.

-B.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
On the other hand, when these little bitty things start appearing in everything, it's not going to be for inventory control or marketing purposes anymore.
I think that bit by bit, these things are going to show up on more stuff we buy. It's like getting into a cold swimming pool; ease in your toe, then up to your knees, etc etc ...
until you're used to it.

c'mon.. you're underestimating them.

I have 5 words for you:

Tracking Chips Thru Infant Inoculations

there's no 'until we're used to it' about it.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   
You know...it figures. Wal-Mart...epitome of EVIL!

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   
WAL-Mart should get their a$$es sued for doing this.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 04:45 AM
link   
This is my first time posting, been reading these boards for awhile. Once I saw Wal-Mart on this I Just had to read, seeing as how I work there as an Unloader (take freight from the trucks to pallets then to the sales floor). So I preddy much get a good view of everything we have.

I really couldn't help but to see the fact that you mentioned Razors, Gillette razors at that. We've been getting about Three to Four of these massive boxes a night of Gillette razors. It was unusual for me to see them, especially in this kind of mass. In the past week I was there we had outrageous shipment numbers, but the thing I noticed most is we kept getting these boxes of Gillettes that we never receieved before. The reason I noticed them so well is they kept fubaring the stacking of the pallets so much and I got ticked and threw one across the room.

Anywho, I really can't confirm is it's true or not. But I can defintly say that we have had an usual amount of Gillette boxes this week. Even though it's July 4th and stocking for Back to School, there's no reason to get that many razors. Also, I've worked there since May 12th, and there's no way they could have had that many boxes stocked up and once everyone two months receiving a shipment of this product, it's not how their inventory system works.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by quango

c'mon.. you're underestimating them.

I have 5 words for you:

Tracking Chips Thru Infant Inoculations

there's no 'until we're used to it' about it.

Thanks Quango, now when my baby is born in a few weeks I'll be thinking "should I let them give the baby a shot!!?"

------------------
Posted by Joshter
Holy Crap, I didn't know they could do that. So all of this is really actually happening? What would happen if the press heard about this?

They have, I heard about the Benneton thing on NPR. The press is in cahoots with this, I'm sure, so why would they stir the pot. The NPR story was short and in the middle of the day, not during major drive times, so as to not get noticed by scads of people.

---------
Posted by TC
WE Teamsters have had WalMart in our sights for a while. They are not the employee-friendly store the commercials try to make you think.

Stone the Heathen!!!!
----------

I have heard this too TC, I have family involved with different unions and they all say that Wal-Mart is the devil. And anyone from a small town can attest that Wal-Mart destroys the local small business community.
So why should they not tag everything they sell. We may be wearing the mark of the Beast and not even know it if Wal-Mart gets their way!

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 07:39 AM
link   

What would happen if the press heard about this?

Probably not much. We are too concerned about the latest sports statistics, maintaining our lawns, fearing domestic terrorism & evil foreign "evildoers".

I think I remember reading that Bilderberg Henry Kissenger's company makes the scanners at Walmart.

This is just another step down the slippery slope. Put these chips into everyday items & you ensure that they get distributed through the general public. If you had a big enough transmitter, you could probably activate them in some way.... HAARP anyone?

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

What would happen if the press heard about this?

Probably not much. We are too concerned about the latest sports statistics, maintaining our lawns, fearing domestic terrorism & evil foreign "evildoers".

I think I remember reading that Bilderberg Henry Kissenger's company makes the scanners at Walmart.

This is just another step down the slippery slope. Put these chips into everyday items & you ensure that they get distributed through the general public. If you had a big enough transmitter, you could probably activate them in some way.... HAARP anyone?

Exactly!

Who runs the media anyway!? Control and security apparati are slowly evolving into a monster system I believe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join