It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verichip hits the G spot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
In this post i will discuss the real purpose behind the Verichip. The Verichip has been designed to combat religious thought and beliefs, to totally remove the spiritual element to human life.

There is a region of the brain known by scientists as the God Spot. This is an area of the brain believed to be responsible for religious thoughts and beliefs. Here is an excert from an article on the God Spot.

'God spot' is found in brain'

SCIENTISTS believe they have discovered a "God module" in the brain which could be responsible for man's evolutionary instinct to believe in religion.

A study of epileptics who are known to have profoundly spiritual experiences has located a circuit of nerves in the front of the brain which appears to become electrically active when they think about God.

The scientists said that although the research and its conclusions are preliminary, initial results suggest that the phenomenon of religious belief is "hard-wired" into the brain.

Epileptic patients who suffer from seizures of the brain's frontal lobe said they frequently experience intense mystical episodes and often become obsessed with religious spirituality.

A team of neuroscientists from the University of California at San Diego said the most intriguing explanation is that the seizure causes an overstimulation of the nerves in a part of the brain dubbed the "God module".

The rest of the article may be found here

(Now, i would like to make it clear that the existence of this God Spot does not mean disprove christianity. For athiests this research could be interpreted as meaning that God is all in the head. For the christian, it could be interpreted as meaning that God has created us with a physcial facility for belief.)

There are many scientific experiments which have sucsesfully induced spiritual experiences by manipulating the electrical activity in the God Spot region of the brain.

The opposite is also possible - external manipulation of the brain waves in the God Spot region can totally remove our capacity for belief in the spiritual.

The Verichip has been designed for this puropse. The Verichip will be to destroy religion by making it a foreign concept which our brains will not be able to comprehend. Once the Verichip is implanted in a human, it has the ability to control this region of the brain, thus controlling our ability to believe in the spiritual.

The exact mechanism by which the Verichip affects this region of the brain is complex, and i will write another post about it shortly.

Why does the book of revelations warn us of this 'mark of the beast'? Why is it made clear in bible prophecy that accepting this mark will result in an eternity in hell? BECAUSE, according to the bible the only way to go to heaven is to believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins. You must have faith to go to heaven. With the verichip removing your physical capacity for belief, you won't be able to have faith. This is why you go to hell if you accept the Verichip.

Mod edit: always link your sources and indicated quoted portion in your posts. Do not post entire articles, just a snippet and link, only, please.

[edit on 21-2-2005 by Spectre]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
metallicabrainz,
Do you have any links?
Perhaps the url that you cut/pasted your post from.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I thought that most Religious believers looked like they had already had a lobotomy.

If this 'god spt' is true then it looks like they will have to have another.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Here is a webpage with a collection of articles on the God Spot:

atheistempire.com...

You'll find the article there.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
interesting post, but definately a cut and paste... Google Search

cas.bellarmine.edu...

If this sort of thing is of interest to you check out this thread..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

mod edit: shortened link with bbcode

[edit on 21-2-2005 by Spectre]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It is true..
but honestly that doesn't mean God isn't real... just means that Jesus wasn't lying when he said that he put himself in each and every one of us.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I have read before of the capacity for implants to manipulate sections of the brain. If this 'God spot' does exist then this would definitely explain the reasoning behind Revelation 14 : 9-11.

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

I always wondered why God is unable to forgive those who accept the Mark of the Beast. Why those who accept it cannot later realise the error of their ways. And the answer is in this new information - Manipulation of the G-Spot by the chip would ensure that those who take the Mark/Chip could never accept God, since those who accept it are no longer able to believe in God.

Since Christians believe that belief in Jesus is the only way to salvation, it goes without saying that those who refuse or are unable to do so due to microchip manipulation will be cast aside.

Very interesting post, metallicabrainz

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
"Verichip hits the G-spot"

Damn! And I thought this thread was going to be about the verichip causing amazing orgasms in those who have it implanted. I was all ready to read a fascinating discussion of where such a chip would be...uhh...implanted.

Seriously though, an interesting thread.

Regarding the theory of this being why God won't forgive those who take the mark of the Beast (assuming that the mark is a future variant of the verichip): If the neurological inability to believe in God ensures damnation, then what about those who are intellectually disabled and have that portion of their brains under-developed or undeveloped from birth. Do they go to hell by default? Or are they excused because they never had a chance?

I'm a little dubious about all these biological and genetic discoveries that are being made recently. This is purely an example and nothing against homosexuality, but theories like the supposed "gay gene" come to mind. The scientific community seems to be trying to tell us that there is no personal choice in anything; that you are gay because it's in your genes; that religious faith is merely an electro-chemical reaction in the "God module" of your brain. What will they discover next, the "pedophile gene" that makes some people sexually attracted to kids?!! The charity module of the brain that makes you help those less fortunate than you because you had a brain-fart?

This "biological explanation for everything" neatly removes any consideration of personal choice, of responsibility, and of spiritual or altruistic motive. The whole thing comes across to me as a clever and roundabout way of attempting to disprove the existence of God. (Just look at the website's domain name). If people think that religion is merely a function of the brain, they would be less inclined to have faith or to pursue a religious life, and less inclined to believe in the existence of God or the soul.

The brain tells the body what to do. But maybe...just maybe...the soul tells the brain what to think.

As an aside, would not the "gay gene" disprove the theory of genetic evolution, since those who had the specific gene would effectively knock themselves out of the gene-pool?

[edit on 2005/2/21 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
For those who dont believe naturally, well I dont really know what to say about that. Maybe they just have to sorta find a way and then their g-spot will start working or something. I cant say that I found a way but rather the way found me.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The point of the God Spot is that it is what allows us to perceive religious and spiritual belief... without certain parts of the brain you can't see, hear or taste or whatever... there is a spot in the brain for every function you can imagine. The God Spot is simply the part of the brain that allows us to PERCEIVE religious and spiritual thought.

Now christianity says you must believe in jesus as your saviour to go to heaven.... so what about those who can't believe in jesus because their brain is damaged or underdevloped? Your argument against the existence of a God Spot is also one of the fundamental arguments against christianity. So you can't single out this argument as a reason why the God Spot can't exist.

I hope that made sense.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Great post and really interesting stuff.

The question about what God does for people with underdeveloped brains and such is one that has plauged me for ages.

He is merciful, and Jesus is very loving, so I doubt people who do not or cannot know Him would be punished.

Who am I to answer that question though, I am not God. All I can do is pray that God has mercy on such people and be thankful I have the ability to make that choice.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This is really an existential question, and thus one that can't really be answered, rather it can only be philosiphized about. Where the seat of human emotions and feelings is, and the existence or non-existence of the soul are questions that mankind has pondered since the very beginnings of neurological science, and probably even well before that. And arguing science versus religion is a never-ending circle, as is the argument of genetic versus learned behaviour.

One could argue that emotions are merely electric and chemical reactions in the brain, and there is much evidence to support this, such as the effect of mind-altering drugs, and the violent mood-swings or personality changes often experienced by those who have suffered brain injury. On the other hand there are the testimonies of people who have had out of body experiences while their body is brain dead. Whether or not you believe those is a personal matter.

Identifying a particular section of the brain that reacts when presented with certain stimuli is logical science. You have an event, and an observable reaction within the brain upon experiencing that event. It therefore stands to reason that this active portion of the brain is responsible for processing the emotions triggered by those stimuli. However, this reaction does not show that it is the source of those feelings. Showing that you can hot-wire a car does not disprove the existence of the ignition key. Feelings or emotions are a combination of your reaction to stimuli and the reasons for those reactions.

When presented with stimuli of a violent nature, some will react with fear, some with anger, and some even with excitement, for various reasons and depending on personality and psychological make-up. it could be argued that this is due to learned responses in reaction to previous events filed away in the brain's memory banks. However, if you showed someone a stimulus related to religion before they found God, they might react with indifference or even irritation. Yet that same person finds God and suddenly, bang, their reactions are the complete polar opposite. Did their brain suddenly get rewired for some strange reason?

So again, I'm saying that the brain is perhaps not so much the independent, active organ that we give it credit for. Perhaps when it comes to some things, it is passive and reacting to other forces. Moreover, in the case of the "higher emotions" like courage, generosity and self-sacrifice, we actually have to fight against our brain's natural reactions, and it is in those moments that we are in touch with God. I doubt that animals have the same issues. I also feel that if there is a "religious room" in the "house" of the brain, it was put there by the greatest architect of them all.

edit:grammar

[edit on 2005/2/21 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
So, basically the people who believe in all might powerful invisable people that live in the clouds have a bigger G-Spot or something? Which may explain why they have such little space for tolerance, kindness, science/facts, so forth.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
James the lesser -- your name speaks of who you are.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
wow, the god spot in my brain has thusfar been trumped by the logic part.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I think it exists in all of us, its just that A LOT of people CHOOSE not to use it.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
So, basically the people who believe in all might powerful invisable people that live in the clouds have a bigger G-Spot or something? Which may explain why they have such little space for tolerance, kindness, science/facts, so forth.

Christianity is all about tolerance and kindness.

The existance of science and facts has done nothing to disprove the existance of God. If you're referring to the theory of evolution, it is just that, a theory. The theory itself is full of holes, like the missing link.

Remember what Einstein said, the more he learned about science and the world, the more he believed there must be God.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Hmmmmmmmmm...maybe it's Christianity that has something implanted in the brain to control you and the chip will set you free...LOL

I have no idea, just a thought, playing around....

We'll never find a missing link...there isn't one, because an already evolving species was taken and genetically manipulated, my opinion people.

top topics

join