It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here like to fish?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I was wondering if anyone at ATS enjoyed fishing.

I enjoy both freshwater and saltwater fishing, but I only eat saltwater fish. I always catch and release when I am fishing freshwater. I was also wondering if you needed a license to fish where you live. In New Jersey, we have to pay a $20 for a license which lasts one year.

I have a little bass boat and trolling motor and there alot of nice lakes around and we primarily catch largemouth bass, pickerel, perch, and crappies.

For saltwater fishing I have a Boston Whaler and I usually go out around Sea Isle which is a couple miles south of Atlantic City. We usually catch flounder, sea robbins, sharks, and bluefish. Crabbing is alot of fun too, and they're so good to eat when you're done.

Me and the 5 pound largemouth I caught this afternoon.

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Ive never been fishing. Although I would like to try it someday.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Hey what time does your fishing show come on in the mornings PA?

What type of lurer are you using?

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by MiStErBeLLaTrIx]

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Thats a great catch PA.
You really want to do some Bass fishing though, come on down around my neck of the woods. I know a guy who has three large, and I mean large ponds, with released Bass in them. Needless to say some nice catfish and perch also.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   
PA, I hate you (not really). Nice bass, I love to fish except have not been able to for the last two years. I can't think of a state in the Union that doesn't require a fishing license. About the only fish you can reliably catch around here are carp although they are a fun fish to catch (fight like hell).

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 01:18 AM
link   
My grandfather use to own a fishing resort in northern arkansas. I'd spend my summers down there when I was a kid... I have to admit, though, that I was the grandchild left to man the store when everyone else was out fishing, though! Still, I do a bit of freshwater fishing and love crappie and catfish.

PS 'crappie' is a type of fish, but, ironically, it's also what catfish eat

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I cannot see the Bass, but I also love to fish. I do not have a boat though.

A few years back me and my little brother were fishing in this small pond and there was a couple of guys in a rubber raft out in the middle. We could see that they were smoking a joint out there. Well after a while they dropped the joint while passing it between them and it deflated the raft. One of the guys couldn't swim and started screaming like a little girl "Help, save me, I can't swim,I'm gonna drown!" We started laughing our asses off at him because we knew this pond was only 4 feet deep. I laughed until I cried.

DEN OF THE DAMNED

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I love fishing, although I refuse to eat any seafood. Actually, I just love going out on a boat.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Nice fish PA
I love to fish...the weather has been so messed up here this year that I have only been a couple of times this year...normally I go at least once a week. As to your question about a license, here in KY is is $15.00 I think for fishing (I'm pretty sure about the price, but I always get a combo) and it is $22.50 for a combo hunting/fishing.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I love fishing.. Altoh I ain't been for about a year. Carp fishing is the best. Not really into sea fishing really.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   
love to fish.There is a lake about 4 miles from my house that I have been fishing for about 15 yrs or so.Largemouth bass,catfish,and crappie.
A licience in CA cost 30$ plus another 10 for a 2 pole tag.Then there is another tag for salmon cost 10 or 15 dollars,and yet another tag for stripers.
You got to be a man to fish in CA,cause the state is going to bend you over,and get ya where the sun don't shine.

Don't care for saltwater fishing.I always felt like bait,floating around on the ocean.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Here we need licenses too, one for Freshwater, one for Saltwater, if I remember right. Can't say I blame you, I wouldn't eat anything caught in freshwater anywhere near Jersey....
Mostly, I'll fish during Red Snapper season, or go crabbin'... I've caught some hellacious bigmouth bass in my time though (mostly when I was a kid)... When I lived in Alaska, we'd go fly fishing for Salmon. Of course, you could just reach down and pick one up (but it wasn't considered very sportsman-like, and you'd get fined).

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Nice bass, PA. I love to fish.

In my area we have a few small lakes that are great for bass, crappie, some trout, pike and muskee. I also live right by Lake Erie which is great for walleye and perch.
I have a 14 ft. john boat and a trolling motor for the smaller lakes and hope to get something that I can take out on lake erie one of these days.

My favorite type of fishing is steelhead, done in the fall and winter. Steelhead are trout, but more closely related to salmon than they are to say brown trout. So, they get huge! When it gets colder they feel the cold water coming into the lake and they then know it's time to spawn up river. I've spent many nights wading in the local rivers and streams catching these. They can put up a hell of a fight! I once caught one that took 45 minutes to bring in and was close to a state record. Typically I use a fly rod or the eggs of a female steelhead are great to use also. Unlike most salmon, and unless they are older, steelhead return to the lake so I let the smaller, younger ones go and keep the larger ones. As far taste you couldn't tell the difference between a steelhead and salmon, imho. They aren't native to this region but are thriving here!

Most of my fishing lately is w/ my 5 yr. I take him to a small lake and he catches bluegills and sunfish - priceless!!!!

A fishing license here in Ohio is $15. However they all expire in Feb. And honesty, given the ROI, I'd pay more than that, it's money well spent, for me anyway.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
*The fish of course*

I love to fish..I didn't enjoy salt water fishing as much as I do fresh water..probably because I never really caught anything worth keeping. Fishing is one of those sports you can enjoy alone or with friends
And it's very calming when you are stressed.
Magestica

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MiStErBeLLaTrIx
Hey what time does your fishing show come on in the mornings PA?

What type of lurer are you using?

You can catch "Fishin' with PA" on Saturday mornings at 9, check your local listings.

I use different lures and sometimes rubber worms, but I like to use live minnows, largemouth bass just love them.

Originally posted by Magestica
Fishing is one of those sports you can enjoy alone or with friends. And it's very calming when you are stressed.

Fishing is very relaxing, I really enjoy going out on the lake for a few hours with no cell phone, no traffic, and no noise. The way we have been catching them lately hasn't been very realxing, but I'm not complaining.

I agree Bob88, I get my money's worth from my license as well. That must be really fun fishing with your son. It's great the way a kids face lights up when they catch something.

Groingrinder, you cant see the pic?

How about an ATS fishing tournament? Sorry nyeff, doesn't sound like we'll be holding it in Cali with those laws.

Maybe I'll just cast a few lines into K_OS' aquarium, I heard he has a big bass in there.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Maybe I'll just cast a few lines into K_OS' aquarium, I heard he has a big bass in there.

Hehehe...unfortunately I don't have any of my BIG fish anymore, the bass, crappie and rockbass have moved on to a better place.
I can't tell you what happened because I am not 100% sure, but between you and me I am pretty sure that my youngest daughter put furniture polish in the aquarium... All the fish died VERY quickly and when I saw them the next morning they were translucent.

You are welcome to try to catch my tropical fish though.. Just be warned, if you use minnows then they will probably be bigger than the fish you are trying to catch...lol.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by K_OS
I can't tell you what happened because I am not 100% sure, but between you and me I am pretty sure that my youngest daughter put furniture polish in the aquarium... All the fish died VERY quickly and when I saw them the next morning they were translucent.

That's a shame, she probably just thought she was feeding them. I hope you told her that tropical fish dont like furniture polish, j/k.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
ermm Nice Fish PA...

Well i like to fish,i shall be going to wales soon and try my hand at fly fishing for salmon.That will be a laugh as i have never fly fished before..

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Iv never gone fishing before, seemed sorta of boring to me as a kid.
But now i would not mind actualy.
Seems very peaceful.
The Real Deal
Every time i read your posts, i picture your avatar screaming out your thoughts.
Deep

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Oh yeah baby...

There is nothing better than fishing in the evening, with a few cold beers beside you.
I usually try to catch carp, but end up with a few roaches(spell).
Did you know that in Holland, when you do NOT throw back a carp after you caught it, you will get a fine, because they serve a unique role in keeping the water free of too many plants.

While in Austalia, when you DO throw it back, you will get a fine because they are a pest.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join