It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News---Israelis Downed 2 Syrian MiG-29s Last September

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted about at all recently, but I just caught hold of this article...

www.worldtribune.com...

It seems Israel has shot down two Syrian MiG-29s in September, 2004. Thought this might interest you all

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
well...its intresting.....wonder weather or not the syrian migs tried to return fire of any description?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Interesting article.

Seems that nothing on this ever came up on the mainstream western press. I would have thought that either country would have made a political show and milk every drop of this incident.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I think it's interesting that this news comes out while the Indian Air Force is trying to decide between Russian made Su-30's and US F-16's.
I wonder if this revelation will have any influence on India's decision making process?

Any further conjecture on this thought would do well in the following thread:
India: Su-30 Out F-16 In?

[edit on 12-2-2005 by intelgurl]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Ya I read that article day yesterday.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dixon

Interesting article.

Seems that nothing on this ever came up on the mainstream western press. I would have thought that either country would have made a political show and milk every drop of this incident.

I don't beleive it. It would have been known just as when Israel bombed near King Assad in Syria. You can't listen to everything you hear.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Asia Minor, I would agree with you. It probably did not happen. Nothing was ever reported and the incident seems to huge on a religious, political and regional scale to be ignored by the major networks.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
All I hear is 30 year old F16's beat mig 29's.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
Ya I read that article day yesterday.

and what did you have for lunch? Please keep us posted on the minutae of your life.

One wonders why the media didn't pick this up. Squelched because bigger plans for Syria are in the offing?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Talk about vague articles!!
It first says that the IAF jets were buzzing the port city of Syria..nad then it says that the IAF jets intercepted the MiG-29s..

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kyle325is
Don't know if this has been posted about at all recently, but I just caught hold of this article...

www.worldtribune.com...

It seems Israel has shot down two Syrian MiG-29s in September, 2004. Thought this might interest you all

"The Washington-based Reform Party of Syria first provided details of the Israeli-Syrian dogfight. RPS initially said the air battle took place on Sept. 14, 2004, adding that both downed pilots were rescued by Syrian military helicopters, Middle East Newsline reported. Later RPS issued a correction stating that the year was 2001, not 2004 "

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
there is more to air combat than who has the higher performance aircraft. tactics and training will always achieve air superiority over a lesser trained adversary. the IAF is one of the best combat forces in the world and they have proven it time and time again. i suppose it is a matter of survival.

new topics

top topics

join