It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vibrations, Mantras and Sacred Geometry

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Have you every wondered why vibration is such a central concept to spirituality and Eastern mysticism? It is also the central concept behind creation. In the bible the beginning was the word. In the Vedas the beginning is the sound of Aum. As per Vedic cosmology the science of vibration/meditation is the highest science.

What is vibration? It's a rhythm. It's a song. It's a dance. This is the biggest and highest truth of our universe. God does not roll dice; he dances!

All matter, no matter how static it may seem, is comprised of dynamic entities in a constant state of movement and as per superstring theory, all matter is nothing more than the oscillation of quantum strings. The Quantum vacuum is also perpetually in a state of flux of appearing and disappearing virtual quantum. In the Vedic cosmology we come across exactly the same concept. That all creation is the oscillation of the current of the light wave. The state of the universe is beautifuly depicted in Shiva's eternal dance of creation and destruction.

There is rhythm in everything, there is a rhythm in the planets dancing around the sun. There is rhythm in the electrons dancing around the nuclues. There is even our own biological rhythms, such as the circadian and neurological, such as alpha, beta, delta and theta rhythms. In other words, the entire universe, from the micocosmic to the macrocosm, is a rhythm, is a dance. The language of the universe is music!

Thus how does one attain God? He dances! That is what becoming one with God is about, to dance like him. All layers and phenomena of existence in the universe are separated by their vibrations. That, is all phenomena and all life the universe, has their own unique vibration.

Theoretically, if we could replicate the vibration of a substance anywhere in space-time, it would 1) replicate it, leading to a space-time overwrite error or 2) materialise that substance. Therefore, when certain vibrations are caused, it will cause certain effects or cause certain substances to materialise.

This is what the role of a mantra is and has been likened to a magic word that causes certain phenomena. Then there is sacred geometry that when sound, light or cosmic vibrations are sent through it, will cause amazing effects. These are like magical passwords of this holographic computer of the universe that will cause the effect.

Imagine, just speaking one magic word and causing atoms to fuse at room temperature or a wormhole to be generated in front of you.

According to conventional physics, this is impossible, such a phenomena requires quadtrillions and quadtrillions of energy.

How much energy do you think it requires to turn sound into light? Well, according to conventional physics, it would be trillions of times more than can be produced by sound waves. Can you imagine that light could be produced by normal sound?

Some anecdotal accounts from Tibetian Monks claim that they can produce brillant light from chanting of mantras they also claim they can counteract the effects of gravity and produce levity through chanting. Amazingly, it probably is true, as scientists have actually been able to produce light through sound by a phenomena now called SONOLUMINESCENCE, where a spherical flask containing water is vibrated by a low pitch and high strength sound from a speaker below it. Then, an air bubble is introduced and brought to the centre where it remains due to the pressures of the sound waves and a pulsation of light flashes continuously, the duration between each flash being less than 100 pico seconds.

What is extremely crucial about this effect is the the sphericity of the flask if there is more than 1mm difference between polar and equatorial diameters, then the resonance becomes very much broader and less strong.

Resonance is very important in physics and the universe and in Tesla coils, which because of their special arrangement or resonant circuit, can transform normal low voltage currents into very high voltage and high frequency currents.

Therefore what is more important than the actual required energy to generate phenomena is the actual geometry and the vibrations or resonance. According to the Vedic model of the universe the quality of the ether is sound and through ether is generated the physical universe.

The ether, which is also called vacuum energy or zero point energy, must exist, for some of the aforementioned phenomena to be possible and the secret to tapping it's energy is vibration, more specifically, harmonic sound.

We do the same when we meditate. We resonate with the universe. We resonate with God and we transcend the universe. Henceforth, why the Vedas say that meditation is the highest science. A while back I posted a topic saying I had a dream where a connection was made between sound and levitation. I now believe that it was some kind of revelation, telling me the nature of God. That is that God speaks music and moves by dance.

[edit on 7-2-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
the basic logic is sound. no pun intended.
i pose you this question however; if such wonderous things can be done with simple sound, why have we not realised when we say a certain word or produce a certain sound wave, something happens? either its too simple to be true, or too simple to be noticed.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
you know most if not all religions have some sort of sacred geometry and mantra. Hindus have Om/Aum, Christians have Amen. I would even go as far as to say that Hail Mary's are mantras in their own right. But the vedic mantras or beej mantras are by far the most powerful mantras I have ever come across. Simply chanting Om 108 times has a strong and powerful effect on me.

Sound imo is the easiest and most productive way to connect to that spiritual experience. Sound moves us and makes us feel, which does lead to dancing for some. But I don't think it necessary, but I don't doubt the power of dance either,( ei. the whirling dervishes of Turkey).

My sanatan dharma relies greatly on the power of Om, the sound and the symbol. When doing visual meditation my yantra is the symbol of Om and meditating and praying I use the Om, Gayatri mantras mainly. But different situations sometimes call for different mantras.

Om/Aum Mantra

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I would say it's not only the force of the sound behind the chanting, it's also your thoughts. Your thoughts carry a powerful energy. As for vibration, it really comes to full circle - wave frequency in physics.

We are beginning to integrate the sciences, spirituality, and consciousness.

Is it not infinitely beautiful?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
i pose you this question however; if such wonderous things can be done with simple sound, why have we not realised when we say a certain word or produce a certain sound wave, something happens? either its too simple to be true, or too simple to be noticed.

That, or that the government knew that if people found out this "special' word, mass chaos would errupt..

Nice Post Indigo_child .

Have u read about the 'vibrations' state of astral projection? Very interesting to say the least.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
i am intrigued by all this,
i am new to all this chat.
just wanted to say i used to meditate alot..have not in a long time..thou i feel as if i do,just on a veritcle plane rather than a horizontal.
when i aum in meditation,i become pure light and a vibration,and others have said that it looked as if i floating,prior to his disturbance.
also using glasses with flashing electrodes for a while,while meditating,then focused on partner with out the glasses,in meditation,face to face ,after his face shape shifted to various things.a tunnel of light formed connecting our middle eyes.and I traveled into him thru this light..
the end
just thought that was pretty kewl..
sound and light and thought...its all pretty trippy..
i found if i can visulise the outcome of something before me,with this strong focus and this powerful gut feeling..then something that could have hapened doesnt because of the ...whatever it is .power of observation or intent or something..
am i out of context..

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Yes, the base is sound, or vibration or oscillation, or song, or music, or dance. Movement basically. I think it is the latter; too simple to be noticed.
The secrets to the universe are always under our nose, always have been, and when we discover them we see how simple they were. How simple is it to generate an electric current? Turn a coil in a magnet.

Have you ever tried a speed reading course? I did once from mail order and within the first 16 min I was reading twice as faster as I could before. After a few weeks I was reading nearly 5 times as faster at 2000wpm as my original(400wpm) It was a very simple technique to learn that I never would have known hadn't I orderd the course.

The key to the universe is sound. If you master sound, you master the universe and you master life. The sound of Aum is a sanskrit word that suppose to contain all the primodial sounds of the universe and all the vowels: a, i, o, u, e and when spoken create a resonance so power powerful it reverberates within and connects to the universal energy.

This is an actual scientific fact that When you recite aum it releases endorphins, feel-good hormones, which are associated with sensual touch, euphoria and sex, precipitating a feeling of serenity and well being. Doing it regularly in meditations can have permanent psychological and physical changes, leading to a more calmer, harmonious, intelligent and contentful you.

The opposite is also true. If you listen to noise, like rock music, which release adreanline, they will temporarly give you a rush, then crash and listening to this in regularly will lead to long-term conditions of depression, suicidal tendencies and depleted cortical skills like intelligence and memory.
This has been shown in psychological case studies and also empirically in mice.

So yes it is all sound. Try speaking slowly but clearly, and with a resonance for an entire day, you will find you will be able think more clearly and have more listeners effectiveness. The entire universe is rhythm, is you can speak rhymically, your spoken words is like a music that will enchant anyone who hears it. This is the key to establishing rapport with anyone.

We look for symmetry and rhythm in everything naturally. Such, as in peoples faces or in their spoken words, and naturally we find these people more attractive.

So, this simple truth of sound is also the most powerful truth we can ever know. Master it and your have mastered all.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Nice build Indigo_Child

To Add On...

Mantram: The Universal Sound

All motion is co-essential to sound. Wherever motion exists, sound exists. The human ear only manages to perceive a limited number of loud vibrations. Nevertheless, above and below these vibrations, which the ear registers, there are multiple sonorous waves, which no one manages to perceive. The fish of the sea produce their peculiar sounds. The ants communicate among themselves by means of sounds that are inaudible to our human perception. Sonorous waves, acting upon water, produce the motion of elevation and pressure of the waters. Sonorous waves, acting upon the air, produce concentric movements. The atoms, on spinning around their nuclear centers, produce certain sounds, which are imperceptible to man. Fire, Air, Water and Earth have their particular sonorous notes.

//ed very long quote//

[edit on 15-5-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

mums the word

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   

You have voted Indigo_Child for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

I was wondering when I would see this topic, and I must say you've outdone any expectations I had for it.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
Some anecdotal accounts from Tibetian Monks claim that they can produce brillant light from chanting of mantras they also claim they can counteract the effects of gravity and produce levity through chanting.

I believe that the Flying Carpet legend comes from Persian Sufis levitating on their prayer rugs.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yeah, possibly. There is a connection between sound and levity. I think certain prayers/matras can do it. I am not how it works, but I wouldn't be surprised if they work.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm not sure myself, as to exactly how it occurs.

There are many stories of Monks, Yogis and Saints who have been known to levitate while in Meditation or Prayer.

Though I was wondering if you read my first post in this thread.

It has some really interesting info, much of which correlates to alot of what you originally posted.

Originally posted by Tamahu
Nice build Indigo_Child

To Add On...

Mantram: The Universal Sound

All motion is co-essential to sound. Wherever motion exists, sound exists. The human ear only manages to perceive a limited number of loud vibrations. Nevertheless, above and below these vibrations, which the ear registers, there are multiple sonorous waves, which no one manages to perceive. The fish of the sea produce their peculiar sounds. The ants communicate among themselves by means of sounds that are inaudible to our human perception. Sonorous waves, acting upon water, produce the motion of elevation and pressure of the waters. Sonorous waves, acting upon the air, produce concentric movements. The atoms, on spinning around their nuclear centers, produce certain sounds, which are imperceptible to man. Fire, Air, Water and Earth have their particular sonorous notes.

Hotep

[edit on 22-3-2005 by Tamahu]

//ed. very long quote//

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
i dont know how it works either..but once i was rock climbing with out ropes..i came to a place with loose shale and an over hang..i did not know if it would be more dangerous moving forword or going back down...
i prayed intensly and it felt as if i had hovered climbed back down..

another time..a housemate of mine,was trying to get my attention..door was locked after a few minutes he went outside and stuck his head in my window..
i opened my eyes to see him and he was the happiest most confused man ever..
he said where were you going..it looked as if i was getting ready to float out of the room..

i heard the pope has been thought to have levitated in prayer.

sound is not needed
thou it does have its own powerful place..

i have AUM'd in meditation and 3 yrs.in a row,same time of yr.
my out of body me..went through a doorway that opened in my bedroom wall..throught that..i met with a group of people and we layed on our backs on a floor of a dimensional grave like box ..we had to aum a certain vibration in a certain amount of time,in order to go where we were going and had to do this to come back as well..
this happened 3 yrs.i a row,..

look at all the swear words back in the olden days..the one that swore the most..was the one to be feared the most..

cjange a word change your reality..

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hmmmm, does anybody know anything about Transcedental meditation, i wish to nkow more about this however i annot find sufficient enough information. Supposedly its a very powerful form of meditation that involves the use of mantras.
And excellent job you did on this thread im very impressed indigo child!

Hmmm i believe the divinity(not sure what word to sue..lol) of mantras is also mentioned in the bible or new testament, i forget where but this is what i remember.
"The word was God" and "the word became flesh" , i dont know that juust sort of reminds me of the whole deal with mantras and OM, when i think about it. That God breathed OM and the universe was created, or however it goes! lol i cant remember! lol
Great post indigo, as usual, lol, asorry i didnt post in here for so long!
Best wisshes,
Dani

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well, this is definitely something I think I shall look into.

I'm curious... Is Aum chanted as a specific note (i.e. C, C#, D, D#, E, F, etc.)? In other words, something you can find on the keyboard of a piano then match the pitch of your voice to? If it is, could playing a synthesized hum at this note help in meditation?

I believe some use tuning forks for this purpose?

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Peace Vesuvius13

From looking at the websites about TM(pun intended); it doesn't look like a truly practical form of Meditation for the Path of Self Realization.

Looks more like a money making thing IMO.

I'd go with anything by the Dalai Lama, namely:

Path to Bliss

Stages of Meditation

This one is said to be really good(haven't studied it yet), despite the catchy type
Western sounding title

The Voice of the Silence may be a good one too. Surprisingly enough, some Eastern Adepts said the following about it:

"Here is the real Mahayana Buddhism" -- D. T. Suzuki

"I believe that this book has strongly influenced many sincere seekers and aspirants to the wisdom and compassion of the Bodhisattva Path." -- 14th Dalai Lama

Whether you decide to get a bunch of books or not; I definitely recommend this free
Course on Meditation

It's great. This course outlines Shamatha, Vipassana, the utilization of Mantras, Highest Tantra Yoga and even touches on Dream Yoga.

BTW; I see you have a quote from Milarepa in your sig.

You may be interested in this thread:

www.gnosis-usa.com...

Hope this helps.

//ed. to shorten two links//

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Peace Cloudless Knight

You may want to go back and read my earlier post in this thread regarding the Seven Keynotes.

I believe the vowels "I-E-O-U-A-M-S" correspond to DO-RE-MI-FA-SOL-LA-TI.

IEOUAMS is also said to be the Esoteric Name of John the Baptist.

See the Fourth and Seventh days of Genesis in the Gnostic Kabbalah Course for
more on this

//ed to shorten long lonk//

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Oh most definately there is a rythum to our universe,the trick is knowing the rythum to dance too.To be one with it.To know when to take action and when not to.There is a beat to drum too.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Thanks for that great information Tamahu, it should help a bit.
About Milerepa, yeah thanks for the links, i actually didnt know anything about this guru, i simply saw the quote one day and i liked it. It's sijmple, plain, and too true, ppl. descriminate against some of the msot natural things.
BTW i just noticed that you also posted a long bit of information on mantras tamahu, although at first i thought you were just quoting what indigo had first posted lol! And i didnt bother to read, it, i just realized it wasnt the same thing, and the reason it was in quotes was b/c you recieved it from another site! lol So thanks for htat information too, lol, ill have to read it now. I think i also have some info. from a link i could add on for mantras as well BTW. I'll go look for it and psot it l8r.
-Dani

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join