It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Civilians Kill Terroists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Iraqi citizens Kill 5 terrorists
I was not living before the 9th of April and now I am, so let me speak!

Source: Free Iraqi - IraqiLibe.Blogspot.com
From Radio Sawa
Thursday, February 03, 2005

(EXCERPT)
Citizens of Al Mudiryiah were subjected to an attack by several militants today who were trying to punish the residents of this small town for voting in the election last Sunday.

The citizens responded and managed to stop the attack, kill 5 of the attackers, wounded 8 and burned their cars.3 citizens were injured during the fire exchange. The Shiekh of the tribe to whom the 3 wounded citizens belong demanded more efforts from the government to stop who he described as "Salafis".

The people are tired of decades of being bullied by Saddam
and now being bullied by the insurgent idiots. You can bully
someone for just so long until they fight back. Glad to see it.
When America leaves the Iraqis to run Iraq, it looks like they
(eventually) will be able to do the job and will be able to
kick insurgent butt back to the stoneage in which those
insurgents really want to live.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Fear was before the elections, there is no fear after the elections.
The Iraqi people are sending a message to the Iraqi terrorists and insurgents.

seekerof

[edit on 4-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Hot damn!
The iraqi's really are becoming Americanised.
But seriously what do you expect, if I were them I'd do the same thing. Way to go

Hmmm but I bet corinthas, Marg, kidfinger, eck or one of the other "Bush is evil brotherhood" will find a way to spin ths into meaning anything other than the iraqis do not support the "insurgents"

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I hope this is a sign of things to come. The Iraqis now hold their future in their own hands, may they step up and fight the good fight for freedom against the terrorist oppressors.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Excellent, and more power to the Iraqi people. It's about time the majority takes control of the wheel.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Yep. Obviously the insurgents are just that ... insurgents and
terrorists. They are not 'freedom fighters' or a 'resistence'.
The Iraqis themselves won't be putting up with them for
much longer. Wonder how long it will take the radical
left in the western world to wake up to this?

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Hmm,I have two views in this matter.

Firstly,yes,I applaud what the Iraqis did.The polls bring about freedom and the Iraqis are now able to live without fear and oppression from the dead Saddam regime.Finally,for the first time they are able to defend themselves and kill the salafis terrorising them.This is an improvement from their past and I support their determination to live in complete freedom all the way.As they say "Vox Populi,Vox Dei"-"voice of the people is voice of God".

Secondly,I feel some what taken aback by the fact that they took justice in their own hands.That is not their job.That's not justice right?Attempt on murder of someone does not bring about an immediate execution of the aggressor.They should be arrested and tried for their war crimes.Not killed instantly.

That's my two cents.What's yours?

[edit on 5/2/05 by Heartagram]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I think its only good theyre taking the matter into their own hands, however, doesnt anyone fear the civil war the moment the foreign soldiers leave Iraq?

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Yeah,I agree with nukunuku.

I'm afraid some type of civil war among the tribes would happen as soon as the allied troops leave the country.BUT then again,politics in that country is tied like a string to U.S,the puppeteer.So the chances of a civil war breaking out is some what minimal in my view.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
the report made no mention on who the terrorists were! foreign/iraqi
it would be intresting to know what faction/s they were alligned to
could it have been a local feud ?
but anyway good job done to defeat oppression

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'm surprised there isn't some liberal telling us that the Iraqis aren't killing the real terrorists (after all, everyone knows that they are American).

As for those Iraqis, GOOD FOR THEM!!

It may take a while, but that nation is headed in the right direction.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The insurgents must have known this was comming sooner or later. They kill more Iraqies then they do US soldiers. If your a Iraqie and someone is trying to kill your family your going to fight back whether they are Insurgents or not.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
this is indeed good to see, but I think it is being somewhat blown out of proportion. We can't draw any empirical, long-term judgments from such an isolated incident.

new topics

top topics

join