It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The next Pontiff/Pope

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Giancuomo Biffi seems to be favorite for the post after JP2 departs fo better things.

But is he the anti-christ? Dunno.. no reports of his head spinning and projectile green vomit yet...

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Since I'm in Rome, well, I'm almost an expert! LOL
Malachy prophecies are kept in high respect in Vatican City, while they of course are not admitting it. The name of John Paulus II, "de labore solis", has many meanings:
- He came from the East Europe
- He travelled the world many times
- He also asked for pardon for the prosecution of Galileo

The next Pope will be "de gloria olivae". The meaning is simply "olive tree glory".
Of course olive tree has many meanings too:
- It's widely cultivated in Italy. He can be from one of those counties known for olives.
- He can come from the Benedictine monks. Their symbol is the olive tree.
- Olive tree is a symbol of peace: he can be very involved in promoting peace.
- Last, his surname can contain the word "Oliv" as many italian surnames, or his cardinal sign can have an olive tree inside. I looked for the cardinal signs but I've found no images on the Net.

My guess? Cardinal Lustiger from Paris, France: he is a benedictine. Or cardinal Martino, President of Justice and Peace Vatican Committee.

About Petrus Romanus, they say it was a later addiction so it was not from Malachy.

Just my 2 cents, sorry for the bad english
Cornelia

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The Anti-Christ will have a religious figure who will support him, some believe the next Pope will fall away from the Faith and support this person.

I see Pope John Paul II wanting to add God to the EU but many are blocking his request, if so that may be a door upon which this person who shall take power from them to setup his rule.

Book of revelation talks about one coming out from the sea of Nations and Daniel speaks about the last kingdom that destroyed Jerusalem ( Rome ) shall be revived with this person in charge. The Revived Roman Empire leader, who shall be wounded in the head and is brought back with Satan himself now living in the body of this slain person.

I think many read how the harlot sitting on 7 hill is rome which was started by the two brought up by wolves - Romus and Remus who built Rome. Giving us the Wolves in sheep clothing understanding.

I don't believe the pope will be the Anti-christ but there shall come a falling away from faith, catholics have a word for this which is just out of reach in my mind at the moment - apasti - i know this is not it but something like this, can someone help on this?

Michael

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cornelia

The next Pope will be "de gloria olivae". The meaning is simply "olive tree glory".
Of course olive tree has many meanings too:

Cornelia

nice info and post,
the olive branch is a symbol of peace
the olive is a source for the nutritious oil used worldwide

the next popes' symbol 'de gloria olivae'
just might have a connection with the verse in Revelation posted yesterday
wheat or barley for a days wage==but do not harm the oil or the wine....said the 4 creatures around Gods throne to the angels==

ya'll connect any dots there may be...

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
In ancient Rome the tool which was used to extract oil from olives was called declevix.
This calls for wisdom, let the one who has insight calculate...

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I remember watching Sylvia Brown and she said that the next pope was going to be black and then they were going to go to a triumvirate of popes. Interesting because Rome was ruled twice, I think, by a triumvirate. Eh, just spitting out some food for thought.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Perhaps Cardinal Ratzinger has what it takes to be Pope. He's head of the Catholic Church's Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, and Grand Inquisitor for Mother Rome. Meaning that he has a talent for dealing with heresy.

With Ratzinger as Head of the Catholic Church, I'm betting Dan Brown will be the first victim of the new Inquisition

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
We may find out soon - the Pope has been rushed back to hospital...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
one must wonder why the 7 seals on maitreya.org has 3 nazi swazticas in them. The david star on the bottom left, the very bottom sun thing, and the middle sign.

ALSO... Is he kidding, all the prophecies he has fulfilled are the prophecies of the anti-christ. If this is real, and he is the anti-christ, are there really that many christians who are going to be fooled?

[edit on 13-2-2005 by Ryanp5555]

i am from greece - orthodox christian.
what i did was to add the letters of the name Μaitreya in the Greek Alphabet

indeed the number is close to 666(if u put an s in the and - maitreyas), so i had to do some modifications
Greek names end in s so i did it Maitreyas
I did y (after all the word is pronounced metraewia) as gi (3rd and 9th letter of greek alphabet)
so the word is Maitragias (and actually this is more suitable to greek accent)
m=40
a=1
i=10
t=300
r=100
a=1
g=3
i=10
a=1
s=200

total=666 (Μαιτράγιας)

is it coincidence????

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
In response to the subject of the next Pope and the antichrist. Let me first say, I'm new so bear with me. I've studied prophecy for over 20 years. The next pope will not be the antichrist. In fact, no pope will be the antichrist. As another member posted, a future pope may be the false prophet, but not the antichrist. The book of Revelation talks about this false prophet giving his power and authority to the beast (which is the antichrist). He is further described as have two horns like a lamb. In the Bible, a lamb is used to signify innocence and usually refers to Jesus in the new testament. So, this false prophet will be a man who people associate with innocence and probably Jesus. At our point in history, Catholosism is the major Christian religion. It follows that the antichrist would want to turn followers of that religion away from Christ and towards him. So, it is possible that some future Pope could indeed be the false prophet. As to St Malachi's vision, he says the next pope will be called the glory of olives. This is probably a reference to the sect of priests to which he belongs. The Olivine sect. If someone from this group were to become pope, he would wear a black robe instead of white (like John Paul II). This would fulfill the prophecy of the black pope that has been spoken of on this site before. Finally, both Malachi and nostradaumus agree that the final Pope will be called Peter the Roman. From their descriptions, this would be the false prophet. In any case, we will all probably know pretty soon. If the next Pope is from the Olivene sect, get yourself right, because there won't be much time left as his reign is supposed to be very short.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by papagrinch
In response to the subject of the next Pope and the antichrist. Let me first say, I'm new so bear with me. I've studied prophecy for over 20 years. The next pope will not be the antichrist. In fact, no pope will be the antichrist. As another member posted, a future pope may be the false prophet, but not the antichrist. The book of Revelation talks about this false prophet giving his power and authority to the beast (which is the antichrist). He is further described as have two horns like a lamb. In the Bible, a lamb is used to signify innocence and usually refers to Jesus in the new testament. So, this false prophet will be a man who people associate with innocence and probably Jesus. At our point in history, Catholosism is the major Christian religion. It follows that the antichrist would want to turn followers of that religion away from Christ and towards him. So, it is possible that some future Pope could indeed be the false prophet. As to St Malachi's vision, he says the next pope will be called the glory of olives. This is probably a reference to the sect of priests to which he belongs. The Olivine sect. If someone from this group were to become pope, he would wear a black robe instead of white (like John Paul II). This would fulfill the prophecy of the black pope that has been spoken of on this site before. Finally, both Malachi and nostradaumus agree that the final Pope will be called Peter the Roman. From their descriptions, this would be the false prophet. In any case, we will all probably know pretty soon. If the next Pope is from the Olivene sect, get yourself right, because there won't be much time left as his reign is supposed to be very short.

Very true papagrinch.....the Pope will not be the Antichrist.....false prophet he may be....

The olive branch theory.......

The Catholic prophecies use the term ‘Pope’ to describe the head of the Church, while the Eastern Orthodox prophecies refer to a ‘Patriarch’ to describe the head of their church.
Both the Catholic prophecies and Orthodox prophecies speak of a unified church, a single head of the church figure, a future saintly king ruling from Constantinople and the destruction of Rome.
It is no mistake that the Catholic Prophet St. Malachi speaks of the next Pope will be the 'Glory of the Olive Branch'.
No other Popes except Peter the Roman (Petrus Romanus) are listed.
It is believed that Peter the Roman will be seated on the ecclesiastical throne at the end of time,
during a severe persecution of Christians.
Thus we can conclude that the next pope after Pope John Paul (barring an Antipope,
some Catholic prophecies speak of an Anti-Pope before the Great Bishop comes) will be the one who extends an conciliatory 'olive branch' to the Eastern Orthodox Churches.

The Eastern prophecies indicate the dismissal of the Papal Infallibility doctrine, the spreading of Eastern Christian Theology throughout the West,
and a Single Patriarch presiding over the entire European Continent.
The Western Catholic prophecies speak of a Great Pope, under protection of the angels, who will unite the Eastern and Western Churches.

Are these two distinct people playing a separate role?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

DC1

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
'Black', through history, has always been closely connected with negativeness.

A black pope, so talked about, may be literally a non-pink skinned person, may be one who wears a black robe (as mentioned above) or else.

In the case of a new pope, any obvious optical connection with anything 'black' will obviously be tackled with extreme attention by the Vatican (I do not appreciate the Vatican, but they are not stupid) as it would cause major mass uproar in a flash.

I very much doubt a black robe would therefore be 'allowed', at least in public, to avoid possibly uncontrollable consequences.

Could the next pope be black... inside? This is only the 2 cents from a person who lives eighty miles down the road from the Vatican, and who feels their power. Which power is not 'white' at all, in every respect.

The Vatican itself is an incredibly powerful machine, much underestimated. No offence to religious catholics, this is only my personal point of view

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The Patriarch.......which is the leader of the Eastern Orthodox church.....does wear a black long cloak......

Being in prophecy makes it interesting that this could happen.....
An olive branch signifying ''peace''..........that this new elected Pope brings back the One Holy Catholic(universal) church.....but not acting like the current pope as being 'Infalible'.....great schism 1054.......East and West split into two.....Rome and Constantinople(a prophecy that Russia will attack Turkey and reclaim St Sophia....
As many prophecies do actualy speak of the end of the Roman Church.....coming back to the true Apostolic teachings of the early church..

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
A lot of people both Catholics and Protestants think that
the antichrist may be a Pope though.

I don't think so. The Anti-Christ has to be widely
worshipped and his every word hung on. No protestants
listen to what the pope says ... unless he says something
that they agree with. Then they point to him and say
'see, the pope even says so'. They use him to further
their own agendas. But generally no protestants listen
to him.

Most Catholics don't listen to the pope. At least most
Catholics in America. The percentage of Catholics in
America who use NFP (natural family planning) instead
of artificial birth control is down around 5%. In Europe,
France for example, Catholics don't even go to mass
anymore let alone listen to the pope. Less than 10% of
Catholics in France go to mass anymore.

I don't think anyone believes the pope will be the antichrist
... except militant Christian fundamentalists. They hang on
to the anti-Catholic standard, not seeing the facts that no
one pays attention to what the pope says anymore.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cornelia
My guess? Cardinal Lustiger from Paris, France: he is a benedictine. Or cardinal Martino, President of Justice and Peace Vatican Committee.

God I hope not. No more Europeans, please! The Vatican has become
a euro-centric political tool instead of a spiritual center. We know for
sure it won't be someone from the USA. None of the Cardinals from
here would be a good choice either.

I have high hopes for Cardinal Arinze. He is from Africa and is a
convert to Catholicism. I have heard him speak many times. He has
common sense as well as great spiritual insight. He is the Vatican's
man for inter-religious dialog. (he talks to the spiritual leaders of other
world religions and finds ways to get along, common ground, etc.).
A black African with common sense would be a wonderful breath of
fresh air for Rome.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Malachy forgot to do the one proper thing when he 'visited' the wall to see all the Popes for his list... he forgot to turn around and look at the other wall.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Can anyone tell me who this guy is......Anscar J. Chupungco

I do know that he is a benedictine .........not that i know much about that.....also can this man be a candidate for a pope(Father)

Im not Roman Catholic ..so if anyone can help out.......

thanks
helen....

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Anyone know the guy above?

Ok......reasons im asking is because the next Pope(Father)of the Church would hopefully bring back the True Church of Christ......the one Holy Catholic(universal)and Apostolic Church .....
For this to happen there needs to be a reconsiliation amongst the two schismatic Churches.East and West......pre 1054......
........ is built upon the foundation of the Apostles and Prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone (Eph. 2:20)

QUOTE///The Church as it were ahead of time warned us against thinking according to a "fleshly" principle (I Cor. 3:4): "I am of Apollos, I am of Cephas."
In the Apocalypse, concerning the city coming down from heaven it is said: And the wall of the city bad twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve Apostles of the Lamb (Apoc. 21:14).

oK...where am I getting with this?

Maybe it's time that the Law of man be abolished and the Law of God become truth.....

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

2 other points brought to my attention is an event that recently happend when he tried to realease 2x white doves in a annual show of peace, and both attempts saw the doves fly straight back in through the door behind the pope. Could be a sign?

I had thought this was a sign also when the doves flew back in the window after being released.

The next Pope will oversee the 7 years of tribulation. Hmmm......... 2005 to 2012. 2012 is when the great change (or end) of the world is supposed to take place..... Dec. 21, 2012 to be exact. We're living in interesting times, for sure.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GTWill
Pope #267 I read somewhere is supposed to be very short lived.

Peter the Roman will not be the anti-christ. He will be the false prophet.

Thats what anti-christ means... In place of christ. If Peter the Roman is the anti christ that would mean he would literally try to assume the position on Christ on earth.

Peter the Roman... quite an interesting name.... it seems to me that Peter the Roman with be quite an urban and up-beat pope, by our then standards. He will come and proclaim he si the one here to save us, and everyone will be in his trap, as the anti-christ is/will be charismatic and cunning.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join