It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$9 billion 'misplaced' in War on Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Better hold off on that request for $80 billion more dollars to fund the 'War on Terrorism' Mr. Bush. The Coalition Provisional Authority (now non-existent, convenient?) was the temporary government placed in Iraq before the elections. Apparently they kept records of their spending but failed to specify what the funds were for. Discrepancies such as some 8,206 guards were listed on a payroll, but only 602 could be verified were in the 52 page report.

The U.S.-run administration in Baghdad failed to keep track of nearly $9 billion of money it transferred to various Iraqi ministries, according to an official audit released Sunday.

The report by the U.S. Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction says that the now defunct U.S.-led Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA) did not exercise adequate managerial control over funds paid to Iraqi government ministries, which employ hundreds of experts from the United States.

This resulted in potentially widespread corruption, including paying salaries to "ghost" employees, and led to the eventual disappearance of $8.8 billion between early 2003 and mid-2004.
www.antiwar.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Supporting The Spirit World With Dollars

Apparently all those ghosts are demanding their hard-earned pay, hence the need for another $80 billion to tide them over until payday.

I think it would be very educational to trace where all that money went. Very educational indeed.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
That was "party" money.
You know, I never count my party supplies in my budget.

Boy, I wish I would have been invited to that $9B party!

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I wonder if this 9b. mistake is what they call "Fuzzy Math?"

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
$9 Billion?Whoa...first 'oil for food' now what's this 'loyal for loot'?Hearing this development is rather unsettling,thats a lot of money unaccounted for...brings back memories of HUD.Bremer's response is inadequate to say the least...I remember back in April/May 2003 when a few soldiers were reprimanded for attempting to claim a few million for themselves after discovering a hidden hoard of $656 million that Saddam/Baathists had stashed in four cottages in an upmarket Baghdad district...too bad the monitoring didn't apply to the monitors, or maybe the CPA conducted Iraq's first powerball lotto without announcing it.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Considering the war costs about 1 Billion a week, thats about a month and a half of financiing for this pet project of Fürher Bush's. The rate at which the current administration spends and now looses money its suprising we can still say the economy is afloat at all. 9B missing, 1B a week for the war, 40M for the Inaguration, talk about tossing around money.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Considering the war costs about 1 Billion a week, thats about a month and a half of financiing for this pet project of Fürher Bush's. The rate at which the current administration spends and now looses money its suprising we can still say the economy is afloat at all. 9B missing, 1B a week for the war, 40M for the Inaguration, talk about tossing around money.

Yeah but come on now, I mean Dubya spent a whopping 10 grand on the tsunami people.
Yeah he has his priorities right - 40mil for a self indulgent party vs. 10 grand to help the victims

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
And this is the adminstration that gave the UN such a hard time for accounting discrepancies before the war.

I'm not a UN apologist, but Bush and his gang need to give this the same (or even higher) level of scrutiny.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I bet Dick Cheney knows where it is. His best buddy in the world has it, Mr. Hallib Urton

[edit on 1-2-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Yeah, I mean is anyone really surprised by this?? This is why huge companies like Halliburton, KBR, Bechtel, Lockheed Martin and numerous others are in bed with the government. This is why ex-government officials hold high positions at companies like these. When war happens (well, it doesn't really just happen), these companies already have their foot in the door. Gee, it's funny how that works out. These companies are sucking you, the taxpayer, dry. It's similar to Paul Newman's line in 'The Color of Money' when he says "money won is twice as sweet as money earned", or something like that. They don't have to earn this money, it's basically being given to them. Then the kickbacks come for all those people who helped start the war. It's really not that difficult people. All you have to do is open your eyes. The media uses the term "misplaced", but it wasn't really misplaced and we the people will close our eyes to it over time because of our herd mentality. That's the way it's always happened, and will continue to do so.

Peace

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
So what do you guys think it actually went to? I know theres lots of things but what are some ideas on your mind?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CmptrN3rd5
So what do you guys think it actually went to? I know theres lots of things but what are some ideas on your mind?

It fit nicely into the pockets of Bush Co.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
you can bet the farm that money went exactly where it was supposed to go. BUsh & Cheney didnt get rich "misplacing" money!

Dr. Love, is it a "herd mentality" or just that hopeless, helpless feeling that people have? I mean, what can anyone do but whine & complain about it? short of dying a martyr in a futile revolution I see nothing. our government is corrupt beyond change. voting democrat isnt going to change a thing. last time I checked Clinton was as much a criminal as Bush & still finished his term. I am open to any suggestions as I am just as sick of being screwed as the next guy.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Jesus.

Why can't they just write down the featherbedding to a few hammers, as always?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I guess this is what you call a treasure hunt, finders-keepers.......

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Its not misplaced its right where it was intended to go in Bush's and His friends back pockets. Come on someone in washington has to be smart enough to figure this out.

new topics

top topics

join