It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepping for ghost hunt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Next month i'm going on an expedition to an area that has a lot of ghostly sightings. an area that is also overloaded with energy. so i've been told by people who go there 2-3 times a year with a group of people.

Now i'm going to try and see it for myself, but I've never been on an expedition before, let alone by myself. It'll be at midnight till late morning. i plan to sleep there as well, but not taking a sleeping bag with me, just a large blanket to wrap around myself and lean back against the trees. of course something to drink and eat as well and a flashlight to see.

What is the best thing for me to do as a reiki user? i obviously need to make sure i'm "grounded"...anything else? I deal with ghosts on an almost daily base at home, but they arent agressive. so not sure what the best way is to prepare myself in case i meet the satanic monks hehe. agressive ghosts in general.

any tips/advice/help is apreciated. and of course i'll treat you all with a nice report in case i do find something

Here is a picture, one of many, taken by other ppl that have been there.
fok.nl... (be warned its big)

Official Legend

At the centre of the Veluwe - in the woods between Putten, Garderen en Drie - lays the "Solse Gat", een big pit between the hills. There once was a mighty monastary with many towers. It was surrounded by a moat and a wide road leading to the gate.

However it was an "angry" monastary; the elder and all the monks had sold their sould to the devil. They led their lives in adultary and wealth. In the middle of the night the "black" sermon to which all the witches and ghosts in the area participated. They drank whine from buckets and all night long they ate large meals. The devil provided them with a supply that would never run out and he mixed the whine himself.

There was dancing, singing and cursing taking place till the early morning. Many people have heard strange and terrifying sounds during the middle of the night that came from the monastary. Everyone knew that the windows of all the rooms were lit with a hellish glow.

This lasted till one stormy christmas night, now centuries ago. The villagers stayed inside their houses during the heavy storm and heard a loud thunder in the middle of the night. The next morning a little boy came running into the village and said that the monastary in the woods was completely vanished. On it's spot was now an ice cold and deep pit. The trees surrounding laid, unrooted, on the earth. Everyone wanted to see this miracle. All they could find was the wide road that led up to the monastary.

The earth had opened and closed itself again.

Since then, at midnight, you can hear strange sounds coming from the depths of the "Solse Gat". The bells of the sunk monastary will start to ring as if they're broken; first softly, but getting louder and scarier. Then the ghosts of the monks will appear from the darkness on the road. They all walk slowly while wailing with their heads down in a long row: slowly and slightly bent over they gather around the pit, from which a blue glow rises. Then they will float away restlessly, again a new file of monks will rise on the road walking and wailing slowly to the pit. This continues till daylight shows, then they flee into the depths of darkness of the pit itself.

As soon as the sun shines, its as if nothing has happened.

Everything is quiet and you could doubt that the ghosts dissapeared in the water at the centre of the pit of the "Solse Gat"...

[edit on 30-1-2005 by Enyalius]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Sounds like you really don't need any prep we could provide...you've "beentheredonethat" generally and I'm sure you're taking all the electronic gadgets you can lay your hands on:
however, as a ghost hunter myself, I've got to wonder if the REAL purpose, possibly subconsciously, is for validation for what is actually a rather stupid thing to do; ie, going into harms' way by yourself and into an area known for it's especially bad-tempered astral-resident!!
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING, DUDE??!!!

All I can do is give you my opinion...go into an actively hostile environment by yourself and you're just asking for trouble.
What are you trying to prove, and to whom, hmmm?
I'd never put myself into a situation like that, without backup and days of meditation to build up my psychic BUBBLE OF PROTECTIIIIIOOOOOONNNNN (echos into the distance)

Good luck dude...you'll need it.
in my opinion.
bubbabak

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
well i think i'm prepared in the sense of reading up on the myths and legends. stories from other people and possible mental/paranormal protection i can give myself. still i want to make sure i'm not forgetting anything.

as for electronical gadgets...i got no cleu what to bring cept a flash light so i wont bump into a tree and a digital cam to record what i see and feel.

what do i want to proof with going into a hostile area by myself. for one its exploration. i want to see the stories with my own eyes and record em myself. i should be safe, because i'm physically and mentally strong and dont get scared easily. also it doesnt seem to hostile...there are groups of people who go camping there without to much happenings except for odd sounds in the distance. they dont even know there are ghosts untill they look at the pictures they took afterwards. they do feel the area is buzzing with energy though. then again those people can't see ghosts nor see energy like i do...so who knows, i might come across something others couldnt.

it's also exciting to me and i feel as if i have to go there for some reason. but i need to make sure i wont go to fast and take proper preparations. which is what i need help with since this is my first ever expedition.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
May I recommend one of these.

JK....

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
for having a brave and adventuring character.Something i would never do myself.

My contribution to your quest
Some articles on paranormal self defense,There is an article in there commenting on using an aura of white light to shield yourself may not be an good idea.Just in case you will be using that as your main defense.

www.astraldynamics.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
Next month i'm going on an expedition to an area that has a lot of ghostly sightings. an area that is also overloaded with energy. so i've been told by people who go there 2-3 times a year with a group of people.

Now i'm going to try and see it for myself, but I've never been on an expedition before, let alone by myself. It'll be at midnight till late morning. i plan to sleep there as well, but not taking a sleeping bag with me, just a large blanket to wrap around myself and lean back against the trees. of course something to drink and eat as well and a flashlight to see.

What is the best thing for me to do as a reiki user? i obviously need to make sure i'm "grounded"...anything else? I deal with ghosts on an almost daily base at home, but they arent agressive. so not sure what the best way is to prepare myself in case i meet the satanic monks hehe. agressive ghosts in general.

any tips/advice/help is apreciated. and of course i'll treat you all with a nice report in case i do find something

Here is a picture, one of many, taken by other ppl that have been there.
fok.nl... (be warned its big)

Official Legend

At the centre of the Veluwe - in the woods between Putten, Garderen en Drie - lays the "Solse Gat", een big pit between the hills. There once was a mighty monastary with many towers. It was surrounded by a moat and a wide road leading to the gate.

However it was an "angry" monastary; the elder and all the monks had sold their sould to the devil. They led their lives in adultary and wealth. In the middle of the night the "black" sermon to which all the witches and ghosts in the area participated. They drank whine from buckets and all night long they ate large meals. The devil provided them with a supply that would never run out and he mixed the whine himself.

There was dancing, singing and cursing taking place till the early morning. Many people have heard strange and terrifying sounds during the middle of the night that came from the monastary. Everyone knew that the windows of all the rooms were lit with a hellish glow.

This lasted till one stormy christmas night, now centuries ago. The villagers stayed inside their houses during the heavy storm and heard a loud thunder in the middle of the night. The next morning a little boy came running into the village and said that the monastary in the woods was completely vanished. On it's spot was now an ice cold and deep pit. The trees surrounding laid, unrooted, on the earth. Everyone wanted to see this miracle. All they could find was the wide road that led up to the monastary.

The earth had opened and closed itself again.

Since then, at midnight, you can hear strange sounds coming from the depths of the "Solse Gat". The bells of the sunk monastary will start to ring as if they're broken; first softly, but getting louder and scarier. Then the ghosts of the monks will appear from the darkness on the road. They all walk slowly while wailing with their heads down in a long row: slowly and slightly bent over they gather around the pit, from which a blue glow rises. Then they will float away restlessly, again a new file of monks will rise on the road walking and wailing slowly to the pit. This continues till daylight shows, then they flee into the depths of darkness of the pit itself.

As soon as the sun shines, its as if nothing has happened.

Everything is quiet and you could doubt that the ghosts dissapeared in the water at the centre of the pit of the "Solse Gat"...

Haha, i dont mean to sound redudant in terms of religion but all you need is your faith in Jesus Christ and no being can harm you. Don't be afraid to use his name a few times if things get bad, let them know he is watching you and nothing will touch you, trust me. If you do use it, i expect you to let me know the exact results after you used his name.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Very good, dude....I was testing your confidence and resolve and it sounds like you're well-prepared.
Have fun! and let us know how it goes.
Here's a story I wrote about one of my first encounters with an aggressive spirit/entity, whatever....shows you what can happen when you go into something unprepared and, um, drunk

Ahhhh, yes, the ignorance and arrogance of Youth...ain't it wonderful?

hXXp://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/3549/stories.htm

bubbabak

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Some good links there. I've also been searching over the net for more information. All sites together gave me a good idea what to expect and how to prepare mentally. Also read about the equipment "professional" investigators use. Of course I can't get most of that stuff but still...

As it stands now my backpack will consist of the following; A set of paper with symbols drawn on them in case I need to use them to cleanse an area or defend myself better. A flashlight so I can walk around without bumping into anything. A blanket so I can keep myself warm when I decide to sleep half way during the night. Two small flasks of water so I got something to drink as well as a bit of food. A compas because I don't want to get lost and I read that a compas will do strange things when an entity is near. A small map of the area, always handy. And of course a digital camera to take pictures of the area that the compas shows something and where I feel and see something.

If I left anything out that is important please let me know.

I also had this idea, but I'm not sure. The house I live in is relatively big and my parents and I hate to talk loud, let alone shout. So instead of shouting upstairs that the dinner and such is ready we installed an intercom. When my phone goes off the intercom suffers from electric interference and buzzes just before it rings. However sometimes during the night it also buzzes and on rare occasion I can hear a voice over it as well. Now here is my idea... What if I bring a set of walki-talkies with me? I place one in an area where I think there is a lot of activity and keep the other one with me.

Currently I'm reading up on things, but next weekend I'll start to prepare myself mentally as well. One meditation a week, healthier eating habits, doing my reiki excercises such as "grounding". This will make sure I won't be overwhelmed easily in case I do run into something. Usually I got my "shield" off, but I'll turn it on just a little (ergo filtering only a few aspects out) and when I'm in the woods turn it on entirely so that almost nothing can get to me.

As for religion and using jesus. I'm sorry, but I don't believe in god and christianity. I do however belief in the teachings of reiki, which are a lot more solid and trustworthy. The Bible and such is nothing but blind belief while with reiki I experience a lot myself instead of just reading about it. So...if I use christian icons it'll be blasphemy. And seeing how ignorant and naive most christians have shown to be by calling me a demon I'm glad I renowned my christianity.

There are other spirits looking over me so I don't need a fantasy figure. No offense intended

[edit on 1-2-2005 by Enyalius]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
most importantly.. have a clear and open mind when there. you'll experience so much if you go there calm and open. might i suggest some yoga?
have a great adventure!!

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Some good links there. I've also been searching over the net for more information. All sites together gave me a good idea what to expect and how to prepare mentally. Also read about the equipment "professional" investigators use. Of course I can't get most of that stuff but still...

As it stands now my backpack will consist of the following; A set of paper with symbols drawn on them in case I need to use them to cleanse an area or defend myself better. A flashlight so I can walk around without bumping into anything. A blanket so I can keep myself warm when I decide to sleep half way during the night. Two small flasks of water so I got something to drink as well as a bit of food. A compas because I don't want to get lost and I read that a compas will do strange things when an entity is near. A small map of the area, always handy. And of course a digital camera to take pictures of the area that the compas shows something and where I feel and see something.

I also had this idea, but I'm not sure. The house I live in is relatively big and my parents and I hate to talk loud, let alone shout. So instead of shouting upstairs that the dinner and such is ready we installed an intercom. When my phone goes off the intercom suffers from electric interference and buzzes just before it rings. However sometimes during the night it also buzzes and on rare occasion I can hear a voice over it as well. Now here is my idea... What if I bring a set of walki-talkies with me? I place one in an area where I think there is a lot of activity and keep the other one with me.

Currently I'm reading up on things, but next weekend I'll start to prepare myself mentally as well. One meditation a week, healthier eating habits, doing my reiki excercises such as "grounding". This will make sure I won't be overwhelmed easily in case I do run into something. Usually I got my "shield" off, but I'll turn it on just a little (ergo filtering only a few aspects out) and when I'm in the woods turn it on entirely so that almost nothing can get to me.

As for religion and using jesus. I'm sorry, but I don't believe in god and christianity. I do however belief in the teachings of reiki, which are a lot more solid and trustworthy. The Bible and such is nothing but blind belief while with reiki I experience a lot myself instead of just reading about it. So...if I use christian icons it'll be blasphemy. And seeing how ignorant and naive most christians have shown to be by calling me a demon I'm glad I renowned my christianity.

There are other spirits looking over me so I don't need a fantasy figure. No offense intended

Well, it was just a suggestion. And once you find your life in danger Jesus no longer becomes a fantasy figure, as he never was because he did exist but that is for a different topic a different time.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Hi Enyalius: sorry for the delay...very busy week!
Don't worry about the electronic whizbang gizzmos...consider this an exploratory investigation; what you've listed is just fine.
I should have given you a more specific link to the story I was referencing, re: a bad experience due to poor mental preparation. Here's the story I meant to point you to:
hXXp://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/3549/hothouse.htm
I was young, ignorant and drunk...a dangerous combination when confronted with an antagonistic "entity".
Also, most of the links on my site are out of date and inactive: haven't done housekeeping in more than two years; I hope you didn't get frustrated trying to follow some of the links that point toward parapsych orgs and such. I apologize for not warning you about that aspect.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxx

Nope....that will do just fine for this outting.
Just be sure to take 3X the batteries for the camera and flashlight: for whatever reason, batteries drain swiftly in highly active areas such as you are visiting. On one particular ghost hunt I went on, my maglite went through THREE sets of D size batteries within 12 hours!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Naw...good idea, but too much of a distraction: plus, you must remember that there are radio/TV/cell-phone/ Ham radio....all kinds of transmissions flooding each and every square inch of the country and you'd spend too much time trying to set the squelch correctly. Instead, be sure to take a quality micro or larger tape recorder....better yet, a digital recorder....and set THAT where you think there might be lots of activity..recording...
You might even write out a set of questions you'd want to ask the past residents of the area; that's how many such EVP recordings are made. Even though you don't hear any response at the time of asking the questions, later, at home, you play back the session and if you're lucky and the entities are feeling boistrous, you'll hear the response or some kind of anomalous audio transient, as you play it back in the comfort of your home.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes!
Again, sorry for the tardy reply.
bubbabak

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
extra batteries. sounds like a good plan thnx.

i'll also bring a long a small piece of wood in a sqaure shape. like a table, cept it has no legs to stand on. idea is to use this as a hard surface to place a few objects on which i'll find in that area.

then see if there is something there by asking it to knock on the hard surface or move the objects on top of it

with all the materials out of the way all thats left is to focus on the mental aspects. by meditating and such.

new topics

top topics

join