It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bus to the Women's March

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I had a friend's neighbor knit mine. Thank You, Neighbor!! Here is where you can get a pattern for a crafty relative or friend

Pussy Hats

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

a pregnant women has a better chance of losing her earning power for the rest of her life..

Are you saying that trump is suggesting that pregnant women cant work or ever work again?

Wow I just realised that Kellyanne Conway Trumps manager had the gull to run his campaign and she was pregnant 4 times.

she has a greater risk of finding herself raising that baby alone...without the support of her husband...

take that up with mother nature and self accountability. She made the choice to mate with such a low life partner.

Or is trump forcing you to mate with the fun guy who doesn't want responsibility?

she has a greater risk of watching the child needlessly suffer because the medicine needed is too expensive..
she has a greater risk that she will find empty cupboards and hungry children far too common....
she has a greater risk of watching the child needlessly suffer because the medicine needed is too expensive..
and she has a far greater risk of having to watch that child one day go off to fight another stupid war that is fought to make rich people richer!!
heck,

I guess men are exempt from being a father that are homeless , poor , and caring?

It sounds like to me you are marching against the wrong country and the wrong president. You should be marching against Obama and Hillary for not condemning ME practices.

edit on 12131America/ChicagoSat, 21 Jan 2017 12:12:56 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
a reply to: olaru12

Sad but true. Emotions are boiling.

The worldwide marches are letting govts know what we want. Here in the US we have a right to petition our government for redress of grievances. Here are the grievances that will be petitioned.

This is all the March is about: ENDING VIOLENCE, REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS, LGBTQIA RIGHTS, WORKER’S RIGHTS, CIVIL RIGHTS, DISABILITY RIGHTS, IMMIGRANT RIGHTS, ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE.

The anarcho-capitalists now in power will hear these grievances and decide how they will respond.

The majority will not be silent this time.

Ending violence is supported by the vast majority, except some protesters on the left.
Reproductive rights are well established in law, with no sign of any change.
LGBTQIA (how many letters!) rights are already established with no sign of any change.
Workers rights look to be a real focus of the new administration to improve things
Civil rights have come a long way and there is no sign of any regression (although not sure why you have separated this out)
Disability rights were established some time ago with the ADA in 1990. There is no sign of any change to that.
Immigrant Rights are clear in the law. There is no sign of the law being changed.
Environmental Justice. There is no sign that environmental laws are going to be changed at the expense of a particular race, sex, colour, national origin, or income, or any other group.

So, what is the march about?

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I’ve been trying to put my feelings about this event into words for the last couple of weeks.

There was a time where I would have been marching today, too. But today’s event is bittersweet for me and I am having a very difficult time getting past the ‘bitter’ part.

Where were so many of these women eight years ago, when Obama sent lawyers into the DNC Rules & Bylaws Committee to argue that NO votes in the Michigan & Florida primaries should count? Half those votes were cast by women. Half of Hillary’s votes were cast by women. Where were they when Obama gladly accepted the gift of FOUR delegates WON by Hillary in Michigan, when his name did not even appear on the ballot because he voluntarily removed it?

Where were they when liberal women used every gender stereotype and misogyny to defeat Hillary Clinton and then Sarah Palin?

I’ll tell you where they were: They were hanging on to the empty words of their new exotic rockstar boyfriend: Barack Obama.

Before Hillary was a candidate crippled by an FBI investigation, and before she was enjoying the extra *ahem* help of party leaders as their special Golden Child, she was actually the more qualified candidate in a primary race against a community organizer turned Junior Senator who had only worked 300 days in the Senate. Hillary won more votes than any other Democratic primary candidate in history — including Barack Obama.

Anyway, I felt stabbed in the back by women — and I can still feel it, today. They were literally swooning over an empty suit who got special favors at the expense of a female candidate and Democratic voters.

Back then, I believed Hillary was the better candidate,. In hindsight, I don’t believe that a Hillary administration would have been substantively different than Obama’s. Needless to say, I did not support Hillary this time around. My criticisms of Obama ultimately led to the same criticisms about Hillary and then some.

So, while I support probably all the equal rights and civil liberty causes that the women marching today support, I feel many of these women marching today failed themselves and me.

I would rather they get together and reflect on their own failures (and others) and figure out the best way to learn from them, than anticipate all of Trump’s failures.

But, I get the whiff that this March is more about the neat-o pink hats and definitely not about the sh!t they left in their own nests.

I am with these women in their various causes but not in spirit.
edit on 21-1-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

this is one of the biggest women's marches in history...
what energized women more this time around?
the same thing that energized all those groups the gathered yesterday?
the same thing that prompts a nation's citizens to scream to their gov't to stop dropping bombs on people who are just living their lives somewhere in the world, who's actions will never touch you in any way........
FEAR!!!
now, tell me, what have the conservatives done to reduce that fear? when they call half the country traitors, does this reduce the fears? do they when they start labeling the mainstream news outlets they don't like as "fake news"? do they when they move to repeal obamacare while not really giving anything of substance as a replacement thus leaving alot of people wondering how they will pay their insane healthcare costs in the future? tell me, just how did that stupid video of trump boasting that he just grabs p...ys.. which, isn't consensual when he admits he doesn't ask first. he just gets away with it, or got away with it, he won't anymore... because he is rich, he can bribe, he can lawyer up, and he can tear down and silence them and people know it!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I hear 'ya, MME, and get where you're coming from.

But, imo, it was the woman, Hillary Clinton herself, that "negotiated" the deal that gave Barack Obama the presidency in 2008. She could have won back then.

She is a conniver, a self-serving politician, and saw an opportunity to allow "the black man" to get the title of 'First' with the promise she would get to be Secretary of State in order to network worldwide for the Clinton Foundation, and Obama would let her have full control (remember...he appointed no IG to oversee her department.)

By then she and old Bill would have made their gazillions and would have put in place their dirty Clinton Machine to be used after she became president. Thank God!..that did not happen!! I shudder to think.

Then, she thought her time for being a 'First' would come in 2016 and the Obamas would get behind her with their full force and make sure that she gets in. Little did she know that her conniving ways and dishonesty would have caught up with her by then, and there is no way in hell Americans would vote her in.

(post by carewemust removed for political trolling and baiting)
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

the same thing that prompts a nation's citizens to scream to their gov't to stop dropping bombs on people who are just living their lives somewhere in the world, who's actions will never touch you in any way........

Which brings to mind one more thing that left a bad taste in my mouth: The anti-war protests pretty much ceased as soon as Obama lied and promised his supporters that ending the wars would be his number one priority.

I am just not feeling much sincerity from today's left. They are all pretty much Democratic Party Loyalists and Republican Haters above all else.

Taking a day to put on a pink hat and mingle with other Democratic Party Loyalists and Republican Haters is A LOT easier than being critical of yourself and your favorite political party.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

FEAR!!!
now, tell me, what have the conservatives done to reduce that fear? when they call half the country traitors, does this reduce the fears? do they when they start labeling the mainstream news outlets they don't like as "fake news"? do they when they move to repeal obamacare while not really giving anything of substance as a replacement thus leaving alot of people wondering how they will pay their insane healthcare costs in the future? tell me, just how did that stupid video of trump boasting that he just grabs p...ys.. which, isn't consensual when he admits he doesn't ask first. he just gets away with it, or got away with it, he won't anymore... because he is rich, he can bribe, he can lawyer up, and he can tear down and silence them and people know it!

OK, so we're getting somewhere.
Obamacare is not going to be repealed without a replacement according to Trump. Add in the fact that he is promising greater choice, lower costs and also promising tax breaks to help women.
The tape relating to p**** grabbing was a mens private conversation and in fact it was clear that Trump said "they let you". Regardless, if that was the issue, where were the politicised marches against Bill Clinton of similar size?

As for fake news, trust in the MSM has been in the doldrums for years. No marches.

You are going to have to do better to explain this.

I can explain it for you if you'd like.... A group of political activists on the left who don't like Trump challenging the establishment elite have paid for and exploited women to march against Trump to further divide the country and make it harder for Trump to be successful. This has been whipped up further by the very fake news you think people are upset at being attacked.
edit on 21/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

But, imo, it was the woman, Hillary Clinton herself, that "negotiated" the deal that gave Barack Obama the presidency in 2008. She could have won back then.

YES.

That is the conclusion I came to. She is a heartbreaker and I do believe that is intentional. She could have won back then. She left the option to take it to the convention when Rules & Bylaws Meeting convened.

She should have left that meeting and reminded everyone that Obama just sent his lawyers in and argued to toss out more than a million votes in Michigan & Florida. With the 2000 election still fresh in voter's minds, that would have been a powerful message.

But she kept her yap shut and proclaimed Obama the nominee. She dragged him across the finish line.

Sometimes I wonder if the biggest lie in U.S. politics is that Hillary ever wanted to be president.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

except that....
if I was a little bit healthier, ya know could have actually driven there and been able to march, I would be there...
and I wouldn't have needed to be paid to do it! I am not alone, no one is truly alone, there are many who would not have needed to be paid.

no one should expect changes to occur overnight, or even within their own century...
but no one should accept going backwards!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
she's a smart women, smart enough to know when that the bush regime literally tanked our economy. no money really to be had, so well, no fun in being president.
and again in this election, the choices were pathetic, clinton took the reign, just to give trump the office, and the headaches...

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: queenofswords

YES.

That is the conclusion I came to. She is a heartbreaker and I do believe that is intentional. She could have won back then. She left the option to take it to the convention when Rules & Bylaws Meeting convened.

She should have left that meeting and reminded everyone that Obama just sent his lawyers in and argued to toss out more than a million votes in Michigan & Florida. With the 2000 election still fresh in voter's minds, that would have been a powerful message.

But she kept her yap shut and proclaimed Obama the nominee. She dragged him across the finish line.

Sometimes I wonder if the biggest lie in U.S. politics is that Hillary ever wanted to be president.

I suspect she was told it was not her turn back then. This time, though, she was assured it WAS her turn and I think the shock of the people actually having a different idea is the catalyst behind much of the outrageous behaviour we have seen from the establishment media, politicians and lobbyists.

Obama was chosen in 2008, and not, initially, by the people.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

except that....
if I was a little bit healthier, ya know could have actually driven there and been able to march, I would be there...
and I wouldn't have needed to be paid to do it! I am not alone, no one is truly alone, there are many who would not have needed to be paid.

no one should expect changes to occur overnight, or even within their own century...
but no one should accept going backwards!

It's not the exploited who were paid, it was the organisers.
I agree that we should not go backwards on many of the issues you have raised, but the simple fact is that there is no indication that they will go backwards. In fact, Trump trashing the Republican party probably gave women a huge break because if a nut job right winger like Ted Cruz were elected then there would be real issues.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I'll admit that trump might surprise us and crap on the republican congress just as badly..
but that won't change the fact that the congress will be trying to walk backwards on many issues.
it will just lead to another four years much like obama's last years...
nothing much getting done.

let's see how far that heartbeat bill makes it through congress and weather or not trump actually signs it if it does..

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

The jury is still out for me on Trump. I can't shake the feeling that the People have been fooled again.

But, I am willing to give Trump a chance and am suspending judgment until he's been able to prove himself either way.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I'll admit that trump might surprise us and crap on the republican congress just as badly..
but that won't change the fact that the congress will be trying to walk backwards on many issues.
it will just lead to another four years much like obama's last years...
nothing much getting done.

let's see how far that heartbeat bill makes it through congress and weather or not trump actually signs it if it does..

I would very much hope he leaves the decisions on when a fetus is a person to the States.

You can be sure that Republicans under a Cruz (or even a Pence) would be prioritising this though.

My feeling is that Trump has a set of priorities and social issues are not on the list, which means he is not going to expend political capital trying to push through far right changes, or any changes in this area. He MAY however use these issues as leverage.
edit on 21/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I am not alone, no one is truly alone, there are many who would not have needed to be paid.

no one should expect changes to occur overnight, or even within their own century... but no one should accept going backwards!

especially "no one should expect changes to occur overnight, or even within their own century... but no one should accept going backwards!"

It is not just that wages have stagnated for 4 decades, not just 8 years, but there has been social stagnation in some areas, too. We now have people in power who want to break all govt and send it hurtling backward, not forward. And these are the areas that these marches want addressed. That's all. Not going backward!

There are men at these marches and rallies and men who stayed home to take care of the children while their wives are at the marches and rallies. The Women's Marches and rallies are not just about women. If men choose not to support this movement, then that is their loss. Men also lose when they do not want what these marchers want.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

The jury is still out for me on Trump. I can't shake the feeling that the People have been fooled again.

But, I am willing to give Trump a chance and am suspending judgment until he's been able to prove himself either way.

You might be surprised to learn that I feel the same way, I just enjoy pushing back on hysteria and nonsense.
Trump talks about all the correct priorities in my view, but his ability to actually make them happen is far more dependent on others than he admits (or understands).

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It's so easy to not like Trump for other reasons than just how he's talked about woman. He's talked about a lot of people the wrong way. He talks what he's thinking without even considering the consequences. Or more to the point, he either has no shame or he's moving and talking so quickly there's never any time to feel remorse for statements made. Probably a narcissist sociopath. And yet there're a lot of powerful people who're like him. Mostly men, but some woman. Trump seems more uncontrolled than normal.

Far as the accusations of sexual assault, idk about those. Trouble is they're accusations. When Trump said "Look at that face. Would anyone vote for that?'" regarding Carly Fiorina, that's no accusation, it's fact. We know he said that.

Here's a truthful and long list of the accusations:
nymag.com - An Exhaustive List of the Allegations Women Have Made Against Donald Trump...

I didn't vote for Trump because there's no way I'll vote for someone with so many accusations against and so many disrespectful things he's said. I agree with Meryl Streep when she said what people in leadership say filters down to the people and gives htem permission to repeat it. Similarly, I didn't vote for Hillary. I won't vote for someone with a federal investigation hanging over them. Unfortunately, I voted before Comey made the second announcement--to clarify she wasn't facing criminal charges. Still, I don't regret my decision to not vote for her. I voted to the best of my ability and as objective as I could be.

I do think my response to Trump is less hostile than those on the left or if I was a woman. I want to give him a chance, realizing there're lots of dirty people in power, he's just more open about it. And you know I don't want to define him by just his negative traits. If I defined everybody that way, there'd be a lot of good people who'd be thrown to the fire. But I also realize Trump has earned the scorn by the things he's said and done.
edit on 1/21/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join