It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were all gonna die!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Were all gonna die!!!

www.earthchangestv.com...

(scroll to the bottom)

what it says for those who are not members is that scientists have a new theroy on what killed the dinosaurs apparently it was volaneos waking up and putting loads of gasses into the air and literally choking the dinosaurs and that made me think

look at all the activitie now does it work in cycles and will it happen again?

E_T

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by klain
Were all gonna die!!!
After all that might be best!

Impact, volcanoes, or both?

The debate continues on whether the Chicxulub impact caused the mass extinction at the end of the Cretaceous Period or whether it was one of a sequence of disasters. The Deccan Traps of India are the remnants of a massive upwelling of molten rock from deep within the Earth 65 million years ago. The toxic fumes and dust from the eruption have been put forward as a possible alternative cause of climate change that led to the extinction of the dinosaurs.

A possible link between impacts and volcanism became evident in 1974 when the Mariner 10 spacecraft flew past the innermost planet Mercury. The planet was found to be covered with impact craters like the moon. One giant impact crater on Mercury was particularly interesting. Directly opposite the impact point, on the other side of the planet (called the "antipodal point") was a region of highly disrupted terrain with no evidence of an impact. The shock waves from the impact on one side of Mercury had traveled around the surface and met simultaneously at the antipodal point to create the chaotic features. Similar features have since been detected on several moons of the giant planets.

Astronomer Duncan Steel has suggested that the same occurred with the Chicxulub impact and that the shock waves caused the Deccan Traps. Taking into account millions of years of continental drift, this region would have been at the antipodal point to Mexico at the time of the impact. Although the eruption may have contributed to the suffering, it now seems more likely that the Deccan Traps were just a consequence of the catastrophic initial event, the Chicxulub impact.
www.space.com...

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
-Douglas Adams

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
We're all gonna die! We're all gonna die! Wait..

Of course we're all going to die. That's what humans do. We're born, we live, we die. Whether or not a large number of us die all at once is immaterial. The important thing is that we're alive, right now, this moment. We were given the gift of life, and ultimately, no matter what happens, we are lucky to be able to experience the universe subjectively through our evolved consciousness.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
and we're all going to pay taxes !!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
omg ET, will they ever listen to your quotes? Sometime's I think I'm not human.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Oh my god!! WERE GONNA BREATHE!!!

Yeah...your certainly saying the obvious here!

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Im still have to go with Chicxulub impact as the major cause of the death of the dinosaurs I mean a huge impact crateter dated to 65.07 million years.

There is also a huge dome found off the northwestern coast of Australia which may be from a impact that has been dated back to 250.7 million years right at the time of the larger but less known mass extinction the "Great Dying"

That would be proof of two impacts right at the exact times of huge mass dying of animals and plants. Could these impacts have sent chain reactions into effect sure I wouldnt be shocked by that.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
thnkas for your posts guys and for the record i did listen to you e_t good answer is it me or has their been a lot of activitie lately?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Yea, we are all going to die.

the question is how are you going to live.

E_T

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by klain
is it me or has their been a lot of activitie lately?
Don't worry about volcanic emissions, they are only few percents of those caused by mankind... we are well able to choke ourselves with our own emissions without any help from mother nature.

Eruption capable to changing climate considerably for long time would have to be huge compared to any ongoing eruptions and those happened in last thousands years.

And neither there's change in amount of volcanic eruptions, it's just now we hear from much smaller eruptions and much faster.

(those are just reported eruptions, not absolute real numbers)

Originally posted by toolmaker
Yea, we are all going to die.
"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive."
-Robert A. Heinlein

[edit on 23-1-2005 by E_T]

top topics

join